PDA

View Full Version : Decatur will beat Wylie...

NateDawg39
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
to the stadium cause we will leave earlier than yall...:D
I wonder how this game will play out? A battle of QB's...running game, or defense?

NateDawg39
11-06-2006, 10:46 AM
I think Wylie would win on paper...a few more athletes of high calibur. But Decatur has a heavy grudge going into this game so I think it could go to whoever wants it more...

STANG RED
11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Oughta be a goodun.
Where will this game be played?

injuredinmelee
11-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Honestly I dont think Wylie has the advantage on paper. Decatur has had quite a run this year. I think it will be a great match-up and Wylie will have to play flawless to win it.

injuredinmelee
11-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Oughta be a goodun.
Where will this game be played?
I dont think Decatur would want to go back to Stephenville. I say Weatherford, Brownwood or they might even play at Birdville. Crazier things have happened.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
I hope it's somewhere closer than Brownwood so that I can make it with time to spare.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I think Wylie would win on paper...a few more athletes of high calibur. But Decatur has a heavy grudge going into this game so I think it could go to whoever wants it more...
You would think the "grudge match" would've been in 2005...when Wylie beat them at home! ;)

Texasfootball2
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm going to say that this game will be playe at the brand new 14,000 seat stadium in Aledo. Buchanan and Sandifer are friends and it would be the most logical if Decatur refuses to go back to Stephenville.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You would think the "grudge match" would've been in 2005...when Wylie beat them at home! ;)

We had a young inexperienced team and an injured quarterback last year.

Texasfootball2
11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver

Every year is totally different. There are very few kids who will play in this game who had anything to do with the playoff game in '04. I think both teams are very good football teams. I think Decatur will have to be able to run the ball consistantly on offense and on defensive they have to find a way to keep Edwards from making big plays. Wylie has been very balanced this year and if they are able to stay balanced and move the ball on Decatur, the bulldogs should win. Like any big game, more than likely the team with the fewest turnovers will probably win.

It's a shame they have to play round one, but thats the luck of the draw.

exbulldog06
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I dont think Decatur would want to go back to Stephenville. I say Weatherford, Brownwood or they might even play at Birdville. Crazier things have happened.

i Dont think it will be Birdville Wylie doesnt have very much success there. So i dont think Sandifer will choose that stadium i hope Brownwood its a close drive for me.

jlwzz
11-07-2006, 09:10 PM
well nate i think the Decatur defense will have a lot to do with this game, but i also believe that Cobb will be the difference, Trant will take the pressure off of him and he will find his receivers. thats just my take of it

Aledo sounds good!!!!!!

thewyliefan
11-07-2006, 09:55 PM
the playoffs seem to bring out players that no one ever talked about during the season. i just hope its one of the best games seen all year

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Sandifer has a pretty good track record in the playoffs. He consistently wins with who he brings.

NDFootball
11-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
the playoffs seem to bring out players that no one ever talked about during the season. i just hope its one of the best games seen all year

True true

jlwzz
11-08-2006, 02:02 AM
This will be a great game, i would hope this is the game that propels the winner to the state Champs

#1Eaglefan
11-08-2006, 04:38 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You would think the "grudge match" would've been in 2005...when Wylie beat them at home!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver

I thought we beat Wylie pretty bad at home last year? Am I thinking of the wrong year? Time flies:confused:

injuredinmelee
11-08-2006, 09:05 AM
the year Wylie won the State Championship, Decatur beat Wylie at home in the regular season and then Wylie knocked the Eagles out in Stephenville. Decatur came to Wylie last season and Case Keenum led the Bulldogs to a great win in Abilene.

APierce248
11-08-2006, 10:36 AM
that is correct!! Decatur beat Abliene Wylie in Regular season in 2004. Decatur ran all over Wylie in a 44-7 homecoming win. However that year, in the playoffs, Wylie won 14-13. I would like to point out that Decatur turned the ball over 6 of the 8 times that they had in inside Wylie's 20 yard line in the playoff game. Decatur had their chances, they just didn't take advantage of them. The next season, Brandon Cobb's first year at QB (2005), Decatur played in Abliene. Brandon Cobb had around 200 rushing yards, but Decatur lost by around 14 points. This game will be a great game. I think think that Decatur has the talent to win and the coaching staff to win. BUT, it will take a great game by all the units on the field to help Decatur pull it out.

injuredinmelee
11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by APierce248
that is correct!! Decatur beat Abliene Wylie in Regular season in 2004. Decatur ran all over Wylie in a 44-7 homecoming win. However that year, in the playoffs, Wylie won 14-13. I would like to point out that Decatur turned the ball over 6 of the 8 times that they had in inside Wylie's 20 yard line in the playoff game. Decatur had their chances, they just didn't take advantage of them. The next season, Brandon Cobb's first year at QB (2005), Decatur played in Abliene. Brandon Cobb had around 200 rushing yards, but Decatur lost by around 14 points. This game will be a great game. I think think that Decatur has the talent to win and the coaching staff to win. BUT, it will take a great game by all the units on the field to help Decatur pull it out.

your super star QB also got sacked like 7 times and got rattled. Threw his helmet down at least three time on the sideline.

Adidas410s
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by APierce248
They weren't all turnovers in Wylie's redzone. There were missed field goals (2 I believe) and a stop or two on 4th down. Granted I think the backbreaker was the fumble at the endzone when they were going in for 6 in the 4th quarter.

Texasfootball2
11-09-2006, 11:21 AM
They weren't all turnovers in Wylie's redzone. There were missed field goals (2 I believe) and a stop or two on 4th down. Granted I think the backbreaker was the fumble at the endzone when they were going in for 6 in the 4th quarter.

Actually, there was only one missed field goals. There were three fourth down stops by the Wylie defense. In each case Decatur had more than 5 yards and once it was fourth and over 10 yds. There coach was coaching like losing the game was not an option and like it was just a matter of time before they pulled away from Wylie. Decatur even went for it on fourth and 8 from there own 46 yardline in the "FIRST" quater. It didn't lead directly to a Wylie touchdown but the change of field position lead to a touchdown later. The only turnover in the red zone come with four minutes to go in the game when a Decatur reciever was going to score and a Wylie defensive player came from behind and punched the ball out of the WR hands and the ball went out of the back of the endzone. It was a tremdous play by the Wylie defender. After that Wylie made two first downs and punted back to Decatur with less than a minute to go.

gibby
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM

Coach Sandifer will not pick Birdville. Coach Short will not pick Stephenville. Brownwood is too far away for Decatur. Sooooooooo

I'm thinking Weatherford.

Peace

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by gibby
Coach Sandifer will not pick Birdville. Coach Short will not pick Stephenville. Brownwood is too far away for Decatur. Sooooooooo

I'm thinking Weatherford.

Peace

Aledo is a much nicer stadium...I still think they should play it at SMU. That's only about 5 minutes away for me! :D

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 02:02 PM
yay

BMOC
11-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Aledo is a nice stadium, but I don't see Sandifer going for that.

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
Aledo is a nice stadium, but I don't see Sandifer going for that.
Why? We've been able to eliminate the following:

Birdville - Wylie won't go back as they've lost their last 3 games there.
Stephenville - Wylie 14 Decatur 13 :D:D:D
Weatherford - Wylie played TERRIBLE the last time they played in Weatherford. (Vernon 01 bi-district)
Brownwood - Wylie has a lot of success here and Decatur may not want to drive that far.
Aledo - neither team has a history in Aledo's new stadium.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 03:02 PM
the game just won't be played I guess... coin-flip in a McDonald's to decide the winner...

Texasfootball2
11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Why? We've been able to eliminate the following:

Birdville - Wylie won't go back as they've lost their last 3 games there.
Stephenville - Wylie 14 Decatur 13 :D:D:D
Weatherford - Wylie played TERRIBLE the last time they played in Weatherford. (Vernon 01 bi-district)
Brownwood - Wylie has a lot of success here and Decatur may not want to drive that far.
Aledo - neither team has a history in Aledo's new stadium.

Well said Adidas410, Aledo is a prefect neutral spot for both teams involved, but if they haven't already made arrangements it probably is not available.

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 03:17 PM
what stinks is that they probably DO know where they are playing but we won't find out until Saturday morning. This is so frustrating IMO. Somebody out there has to know...:mad:

Texasfootball2
11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
what stinks is that they probably DO know where they are playing but we won't find out until Saturday morning. This is so frustrating IMO. Somebody out there has to know...:mad:

I know that Sandifer tries to keep it quite for fear of looking ahead, but you would think that if they knew, someone from Decatur would spill the beans.

injuredinmelee
11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
I wouldbet my last dollar that they already have a spot and time picked out. There is no way Sandifer is talking. He will tell his kids Friday night in the post game huddle and unless it leaks from Decatur we wont hear about it until then.

rangerjim
11-09-2006, 05:03 PM
NEWS FLASH FROM DECATUR - I'm officially spilling the beans. The game will be at Texas Stadium at 1 pm Sunday. Jerry Jones has decided that this would be a much better game than whoever is playing the Cowboys. Plus neither Abilene or Decatur will face mask on a botched field goal to set up the gaming winning score.

mustang04
11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
i think they should pick sweetwater's Mustang Bowl to play in!!

Thats where Andrews and Stephenville played like 8 years ago...was an AWEEEESOME game!!!

injuredinmelee
11-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i think they should pick sweetwater's Mustang Bowl to play in!!

Thats where Andrews and Stephenville played like 8 years ago...was an AWEEEESOME game!!!

I am all for it but I think Swdeetwater would be adamantly opposed.

mustang04
11-09-2006, 05:12 PM

i think it would be Great for sweetwater, it would bring in some money, it's a GOOD game, and it's 2 teams s'water wont meet in the playoffs...we've had some really good playoff game in the bowl!

STANG RED
11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Are you kidding me? They are always looking for the most high profile playoff games they can get to be played in the bowl. They'd jump on it quick, if it had even the slightest possibility of happening. I seriously doubt Decatur would go for it though.

jlwzz
11-09-2006, 06:24 PM
i would think that South Lake would be nice or like gobbla said a coin flip,and in Ranger works, thats neutral

i have tried to find out, but the folks in Decatur dont know either, but i will find out maybe

injuredinmelee
11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
I cant imagine them not already having an agreement. They will have had to reserve a stadium before it was booked beforehand. They might still be negotiating home, day etc. I know Hugh likes to keep his games on Friday so the boys are able to stay in their weekly routine. Maybe they will decide after the game with the scouts.

injuredinmelee
11-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
i would think that South Lake would be nice or like gobbla said a coin flip,and in Ranger works, thats neutral

i have tried to find out, but the folks in Decatur dont know either, but i will find out maybe

Southlake is way way way out of the way for Wylie.

Bigbuck
11-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I think in 2003 Wylie played G-ville in Birdville. Southlake sounds good to me. Eagles are undefeated at Dragon stadium, would work for me. IMO

jlwzz
11-09-2006, 09:10 PM
has anybody thought about Mansfield or Waco

i know that you can get a room there for the night in Waco, but if you want breakfast you better be there early

the A Wylie & Cuero game had all the resturants full

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
has anybody thought about Mansfield or Waco

i know that you can get a room there for the night in Waco, but if you want breakfast you better be there early

the A Wylie & Cuero game had all the resturants full

Mansfield's new stadium is awesome...plus it's about 10 minutes from where I work!:thumbsup:

Waco is too far of a drive for both teams unless they somehow can get anything closer. Since they've already known for a week they would play that is unlikely.

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I cant imagine them not already having an agreement. They will have had to reserve a stadium before it was booked beforehand. They might still be negotiating home, day etc. I know Hugh likes to keep his games on Friday so the boys are able to stay in their weekly routine. Maybe they will decide after the game with the scouts.

one other thought. There is a good chance that they do not yet have a set agreement as many schools may be waiting to see if they will be using their own stadium for a playoff game and won't know for sure until tmrw or the next day.

wildstangs
11-09-2006, 09:29 PM
one other thought. There is a good chance that they do not yet have a set agreement as many schools may be waiting to see if they will be using their own stadium for a playoff game and won't know for sure until tmrw or the next day.

Not only will Stephenville be waiting, but Tarleton could have a first round home playoff game.

exbulldog06
11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
I think the game will be played in Stephenville just because the coach from decatur might try and get some revenge there. but who knows i hope its somewhere close and not to far out of the way.

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Sweetwater is playing the loser of Argyle/Sanger @ Stephenville next Friday night so Wylie/Decatur won't be played there.

jlwzz
11-10-2006, 05:58 PM
got this from the fridaynight fever guys

First Round Playoff for Decatur

Will be against Abilene Wylie. This game I have heard will be flipped for today for Home and Home. The game will be played next Friday night. If Decatur wins it would be at Southlake if Abilene wins it would be Abilene Christian.. Again that is what I have heard..

The flip will actually be tomorrow night after the game.. Listen to Friday night Fever tomorrow from 11-midnight as I am sure Coach Story will break the news on his call in!

thats all i can find out about this game