PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/Decatur Bi-District matchup

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Has anybody heard any times/dates/location on this one yet? Thanks...

NateDawg39
11-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I would guess...Tarleton...a cursed stadium for Decatur...

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39

14-13

:clap: :clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
11-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
14-13

:clap: :clap: :clap: yeah thanks for the reminder...just let those 4 seniors who were on the defensive side in the end repay the favor!! GRRRR!!!:mad:

injuredinmelee
11-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I would bet that sandifer knows or will know before the day is over and i would also bet no one will know until he tells his team friday after the Comanche game.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I would bet that sandifer knows or will know before the day is over and i would also bet no one will know until he tells his team friday after the Comanche game.

exactly...and I hate that. There are a few Decatur players on here though so maybe they'll find out.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
The plans have not been set yet.

Texasfootball2
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Aledo's brand new 14,000 seat stadium!!!!!!!

exbulldog06
11-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
14-13

I was on the team that beat Decatur that year :)

fballfan
11-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by exbulldog06
I was on the team that beat Decatur that year :)

Give me your address and ill send you a cookie.

NateDawg39
11-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I was on the team that beat Decatur that year :) Give me address and ill send a hit man...I was on the team YOU beat!!

Matthew328
11-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Aledo's new stadium would be great....that is a wonderful stadium...turf isn't broken in so its a lil slick..

thewyliefan
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
2 weeks before the game and people are already pumped for this it. should be a dandy

fballfan
11-06-2006, 11:02 PM
All i know is Kyle Story will be out for blood. Expect the unexpected in this one, hopefully Story will throw some curve balls in the playoffs this year. I dont know about Wylies defense, but if Trant and Cobb keep rushing like they are capable of, then bye bye Wylie.

Stownhorse
11-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39

I like Tarletons stadium idk y I just do.

exbulldog06
11-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by fballfan
Give me your address and ill send you a cookie.

what kind of cookie are you gonna send me

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
what kind of cookie are you gonna send me
i got your back bro.

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Aledo's brand new 14,000 seat stadium!!!!!!!

to close for Decatur. I would want to make them travel at least as far as bwood.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
to close for Decatur. I would want to make them travel at least as far as bwood.

like it matters...

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
ever tried to get directions to the stadium in Decatur from someone in Decatur 10 minutes before the game? I asked 5 different peple at 3 different locations and not a single person knew.

RMAC
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
ever tried to get directions to the stadium in Decatur from someone in Decatur 10 minutes before the game? I asked 5 different peple at 3 different locations and not a single person knew.

In every town I go to if I don't know where the field is, save somewhere like the metroplex, I just look for those lights and I find myself there quite easily. Decatur was pretty easy to find last year.

STANG RED
11-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
In every town I go to if I don't know where the field is, save somewhere like the metroplex, I just look for those lights and I find myself there quite easily.

Ha Ha, spoken like a true flatlander. Yea thats easy enough usually in west Texas or the panhandle, but I tried that same approach a few weeks back in Wimberly, and it didnt work too well. With all the hills and trees, you couldnt see the stadium lights till you got right up on it.:doh: I actually had to stop and ask directions. :eek: Dang I hated doing that.:mad:

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Ha Ha, spoken like a true flatlander. Yea thats easy enough usually in west Texas or the panhandle, but I tried that same approach a few weeks back in Wimberly, and it didnt work too well. With all the hills and trees, you couldnt see the stadium lights till you got right up on it.:doh: I actually had to stop and ask directions. :eek: Dang I hated doing that.:mad:

thats the way it was in Decatur of rme. I couldnt find the lights. Most West Texas towns you can do that easily.

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
In every town I go to if I don't know where the field is, save somewhere like the metroplex, I just look for those lights and I find myself there quite easily. Decatur was pretty easy to find last year.

The first time I ever drove to Clyde to watch a football game I
thought I was well passed Abilene. I saw lights so I drove
towards them. As I got closer I thought "Damn, that's a big
stadium". Then it dawned on me....it was Shotwell.:doh: .

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The first time I ever drove to Clyde to watch a football game I
thought I was well passed Abilene. I saw lights so I drove
towards them. As I got closer I thought "Damn, that's a big
stadium". Then it dawned on me....it was Shotwell.:doh: .

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 11:12 AM

Aledo would still be about an hour and a half drive for Decatur, and a little over two hours for Wylie. Brownwood would be just the opposite for both teams. Stephenville is probably the closes to the middle but some teams don't like to back a play at places where they have lost in the past.

DukeNukem
11-07-2006, 11:14 AM

that is why i still love west texas football. and no, anything 1 mile east of abilene or more does not count as west texas so don't say decatur is west texas. had this same occurrence in graham a year ago. asked about 10 people where the stadium was and nobody knew. even had few respond, "there's a game today? i did not know that". in west texas the whole town can be robbed blind on game night. everyone is into the game/team and certainly everybody in town can tell you where the stadium is.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
that is why i still love west texas football. and no, anything 1 mile east of abilene or more does not count as west texas so don't say decatur is west texas. had this same occurrence in graham a year ago. asked about 10 people where the stadium was and nobody knew. even had few respond, "there's a game today? i did not know that". in west texas the whole town can be robbed blind on game night. everyone is into the game/team and certainly everybody in town can tell you where the stadium is.

The problem you have is that you are obviously asking people who don't generally go to games. You are asking the convenience store people or the local fast food restaraunt, you aren't going to typically get someone who goes to the games on friday nights. i promise you we have just as good of fans as any west texas team. They support us well. We rarely if ever play a game where our side of the stadium is not overflowing. They get into the game and have a passion about our team. I guarantee you I can go to any 3A size town and find 10 people who work in the Burger King and the Texaco who don't know where the stadium is or that there is a game there that night.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem

and the reason they don't keep up with it is because they are working and not going to the game! ;)

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
The problem you have is that you are obviously asking people who don't generally go to games. You are asking the convenience store people or the local fast food restaraunt, you aren't going to typically get someone who goes to the games on friday nights. i promise you we have just as good of fans as any west texas team. They support us well. We rarely if ever play a game where our side of the stadium is not overflowing. They get into the game and have a passion about our team. I guarantee you I can go to any 3A size town and find 10 people who work in the Burger King and the Texaco who don't know where the stadium is or that there is a game there that night.

Good luck with going to a true west Texas town and trying to find someone who doesn't even know there is game going on. Not only will they know there is a game but they will know where the stadium is and probably laugh at you for not seeing the lights.

STANG RED
11-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I guarantee you I can go to any 3A size town and find 10 people who work in the Burger King and the Texaco who don't know where the stadium is or that there is a game there that night.

Not in Sweetwater! We'd shoot em, or have a public hanging from the north goal post! Problem solved.:D

fballfan
11-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Not in Sweetwater! We'd shoot em, or have a public hanging from the north goal post! Problem solved.:D
Kinda like how decatur did to the stangs at brownwood stadium?? (Sorry for the cheap shot, i had to take it. It was there and too easy. Ain't that right coach reed)

thewyliefan
11-07-2006, 08:05 PM
i really wonder how that game would have turned out if sweetwater didnt turn the ball over, what was it, 6 times....

any way who does decatur close the season off with

jlwzz
11-07-2006, 08:36 PM
i wonder too but that did happen!

Bowie is the last game

if you cant find the stadium in Decatur you are a retard this town is to small , and the fast food and the convenience stores are run by people that dont care about Decatur football other than taking yalls money when you come to visit, i dont like it, but there not from here,

jlwzz
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM
they can tell you where Bridgeports stadium is

mrescape43
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
IMO, i believe that Wylie takes this one. I became a believer after the Sweetwater game. I didn't give the Dogs a chance in that game and they showed me!

jlwzz
11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
ok i give Wylie all there props, but why does no one take Decatur for real?

honest question we have play with the best the last 3 years.

thewyliefan
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
yea they haved played with the best the last 3 years. may i remind you that 3 of those games were aginst wylie:) haha

no but really i think who ever wins between decatur and wylie may have the best chance at beating gilmer (if they make it that far cause anything can happen) and maybe winning state but who knows

mrescape43
11-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
yea they haved played with the best the last 3 years. may i remind you that 3 of those games were aginst wylie:) haha

no but really i think who ever wins between decatur and wylie may have the best chance at beating gilmer (if they make it that far cause anything can happen) and maybe winning state but who knows

I don't believe that any team (except for maybe SLC) would have a chance against Gilmer.

thewyliefan
11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
hey now...you gotta have faith. theres been teams before that everyone was in complete awe over and ended up losing. im not saying its going to happen but its always a possibility

jlwzz
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM

no but really i think who ever wins between decatur and wylie may have the best chance at beating gilmer (if they make it that far cause anything can happen) and maybe winning state but who knows i agree i just hope that Gilmer has a slilp up or as i would say a AH S*** game

so that you know who ever wins i always follow them through the playoffs, and did like to see yall win it all.

wildstangs
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I guess Wichita Falls could be a choice for this game as well. Not very likely, but it looks like Abilene to Wichita is the same distance as Decatur to Brownwood.

thewyliefan
11-07-2006, 09:25 PM
that sounds about right...the distance between the 2

Matthew328
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I need this game to be in Aledo! LOL No one knows yet?

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
i wonder too but that did happen!

Bowie is the last game

if you cant find the stadium in Decatur you are a retard this town is to small , and the fast food and the convenience stores are run by people that dont care about Decatur football other than taking yalls money when you come to visit, i dont like it, but there not from here,

your a tool.

NDFootball
11-07-2006, 11:21 PM
ok i give Wylie all there props, but why does no one take Decatur for real?

honest question we have play with the best the last 3 years.

No one takes Wylie for real either...

This should be a great matchup between two great teams, I'm not sure why everyone is already talking about it though we still have to play Comanche.

wildstangs
11-07-2006, 11:25 PM
[i] This should be a great matchup between two great teams, I'm not sure why everyone is already talking about it though we still have to play Comanche. [/B]

Wylie playing Comanche is as close to having an open date as you can get.

Sundance
11-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Close game, Decatur pulls it out at end.

Decatur: 21
Wylie:20

Yea that correct!!!!!!! :thinking: :D :D

sweetwater07
11-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

:D :D

NDFootball
11-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

If we overlook them it might not be good...everyone at school is already looking at Decatur.

injuredinmelee
11-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
If we overlook them it might not be good...everyone at school is already looking at Decatur.

forget all the people at school. YOu know what has to be done. Stay focused on Comanche or they will bite you in the butt. Decatur can wait and will wait. Keep doing what your doing it is working so far.

slpybear the bullfan
11-07-2006, 11:53 PM
they can tell you where Bridgeports stadium is

Sure... they will say just turn to the west and keep going. You will know when you leave Decatur because it stops stinking.

;)

NDFootball
11-08-2006, 12:04 AM
forget all the people at school. YOu know what has to be done. Stay focused on Comanche or they will bite you in the butt. Decatur can wait and will wait. Keep doing what your doing it is working so far.

I know I'm just trying to get everyone else to think the same way. I'm excited about Decatur don't get me wrong but we have an outright district championship to win on Friday.

STANG RED
11-08-2006, 08:27 AM
hey now...you gotta have faith. theres been teams before that everyone was in complete awe over and ended up losing. im not saying its going to happen but its always a possibility

Keep your faith! You have the best HC and staff in the business, and in one game, anything can happen. Sic em Dawgs!

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
and probably laugh at you for not seeing the lights.
Considering that in most West Texas towns, you can see the lights at least 5 miles before you get to town, I'd laugh too. :D