PDA

View Full Version : Rumor of Lane / Fran altercation after game...

g$$
11-06-2006, 03:23 AM
**This may or may not be true, but it is making the rounds on multiple message boards. Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. I am almost always pro-coach & discipline, but this smells of bigger problems internally, not just heat of the moment stuff. I have heard other things from a close friend who used to work under Fran at A&M about respect & the way he treats people. Fran needs to go & SOON in my opinion. It could be an interesting week leading up to Nebraska & beyond. Don't shoot the messenger please! Russ, does this sound familiar to some things you have heard too? The closest thing under RC when I worked there was when Dante' Hall cursed JB Grimes (O-line coach), challenged him to a fight, & was then kicked off the team his senior year for multiple transgressions including parking in the Board of Regents spots! Dante' later apologized to the coaches, paid his parking fines, & is back in good graces at A&M. Read below...any Ags on campus heard anything from current players?

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know everything that has been discussed on the subject but this alleged situation could not be worse for this team.

For those who have not heard the story, after the game last night, Jorvorskie allegedly threw objects and berated Franchione for not giving him the ball on 3rd and goal from the 2.5 late in the game with the team trailing by 7. Following Lane's emotional outburst, apparently, another team leader told Franchione that he had lost the respect of Jorvorskie and thus the entire team. Additionally, Lane now faces an impending suspension from Franchione.

While I understand why some may side with Franchione on suspending Lane, football is an emotional sport, and when a game turns out as it did last night, without the team's most proficient scorer getting an opportunity to tie the game, these things will happen. Lane's actions demonstrate immense frustration and anger over losing and lack-luster playcalling and nothing else. His emotions show how much he believes he can lead the Aggies to victory. If a head coach suspends a team leader for that, shame on the coach; and he deserves to lose the respect of his team.

On the other hand, as long as Franchione is the head coach, he must maintain complete control over the team. If he does not, the team will only regress under his leadership because, ultimately, the team will not look to him to lead.

Hopefully, Lane and Franchione can resolve their alleged situation without damaging Aggie football and salvage the rest of the season... and the program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bulldogman06
11-06-2006, 03:29 AM
oh wow, this could get really bad if its true

g$$
11-06-2006, 03:32 AM
BTW, I understand the inmates cannot run the asylum. Arguments happen in locker rooms everyday. I am all about discipline & rules. But this may go deeper than that, thus this thread about the rumor making the rounds. I am not taking sides, but it is well-known I despise Fran. See what happens...it may turn out to be nothing, or A&M may spin it that way!

It also might be foreshadowing of things to come. Mutiny? Suspensions? Transfers? New coach next year? Who knows.

If it did happen (?), then I would think Fran suspends him this week. How would he look in the eyes of the team if he did not? Then again, how does he look now?

bulldogman06
11-06-2006, 04:06 AM
transfers is what I was scared of.

TAMUGRAD
11-06-2006, 07:37 AM
I do not know whether it is truth or rumor. If it is a rumor I know how it could have gotten started. Thousands of people screaming at their televisions "Give the ball to Lane." Then after the play thousands of people screaming "Why didn't he just give it to Lane?"

They talk about how big he is and how he tires quickly, but heck, he can rest when the defense is in just give the ball to the Lane Train.

GreenMachine
11-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I would have run J Train behind the best center in the big 12. They will get you to pay dirt! :thumbsup:

UPanIN
11-06-2006, 12:51 PM
No one player is bigger than the team. I'm sure the play that was called was designed to get them a score.
:doh:

AggieJohn
11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
J-lane was hot after that happened. I think that he's cooled down since then though. Normally if a rumor is not true they will let you talk about it on texags but i made a post this morning and it was down in like 10 minutes. Must be true.

big daddy russ
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't doubt that it is true, but this is the first I have heard about it. I know that none of the RBs really care for Fran a whole lot. It's been a trickle-down effect, starting with Courtney Lewis and infecting the entire group. Lewis hasn't liked Fran for a while, and you can tell by the way he plays. His best year was as a freshman, and since then he's cared less and less with every passing year.

I think it's just time for Fran to move on. He's proven that he can win before, and he still has a chance to salvage his career as a HC. I think the alums should present a severance package to him and he should start over at a smaller school and rebuild his legacy, similar to what Ron Zook has done with Illinois (the Illini don't have a great record, but they're going neck-and-neck every uber-talented team in the Big Ten) and Dave Wanndstedt did at Pitt.

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
I think that the J-Train goes and takes out his frustrations on CiCi's Pizza or the Golden Corral.

I am sure that he would get his money's worth.

Lombardi
11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Lane needs to drop about 30 to 40 pounds.. Then he might could play more than 2 plays in a row...He ran for about 20 yards vs. OU and they showed him on the sideline... The trainers nearly had to provide CPR...Lane needs to shut up and have another donut OR GET IN SHAPE!!!

AggieJohn
11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
Lane needs to drop about 30 to 40 pounds.. Then he might could play more than 2 plays in a row...He ran for about 20 yards vs. OU and they showed him on the sideline... The trainers nearly had to provide CPR...Lane needs to shut up and have another donut OR GET IN SHAPE!!! shut up, period.....

you don't understand college football or understand Jovorski Lane....

wooden bear
11-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Lane needs to drop about 30 to 40 pounds.. Then he might could play more than 2 plays in a row...He ran for about 20 yards vs. OU and they showed him on the sideline... The trainers nearly had to provide CPR...Lane needs to shut up and have another donut OR GET IN SHAPE!!!

No he doesnt. Dumb idea, dumb post. I would suspend his butt in aheartbeat. I dont care if it was after a tough loss or not you dont do that to your head coach even if you cant stand the guy.

JR2004
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Any A&M player that could possibly lead a mutiny and get Fran fired needs to be kicked off of A&M's team immediately. Fran needs to be leading that program for years to come. :)

vet93
11-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Lombardi is right...long term...Javorskie needs to drop the weight. His career will be longer and he would be more effective. His stamina would be greater and he would be even better at moving those feet....And....he would STILL be a load to tackle.

Originally posted by AggieJohn
shut up, period.....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
I think that the J-Train goes and takes out his frustrations on CiCi's Pizza or the Golden Corral.

I am sure that he would get his money's worth.

I get my money's worth of CiCi's, you calling me fat? :mad:

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I get my money's worth of CiCi's, you calling me fat? :mad: You whale!:mad: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
You whale!:mad: :D

:mad: :mad: SHOW SOME COMPASSION TO US THAT LIKE TO EAT. :mad: :mad:

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Sorry:(

Emerson1
11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Henry Melton needs to get jorvorskis attitude about running the ball, and jorvorskie needs to get down to Melton's size.

What kind of play was called on the 2 inside the 5? I know they were passes, but was it PA or just drop back? Was Jorvorskie even in?

Seems like if you are gonna pass, fake it to jorvorkie and have McGee rolling out looking for Bennet. If that isn't there scramble in.

g$$
11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
It was a play action pass after a timeout. I normally like a play action with a run/pass option (FB or TE), but A&M's passing was 8-18 for 63 yds. & an interception. Bad choice to me. Genius if it works.

1st & goal from the 7, then 3rd & 2 from the 2 (maybe 2.5). Why not run J. Lane twice with Alexander blocking out of the I, or naked boot keep off that if they sell out to stop Lane? Fran baffles me.

I want to go down swinging with my best weapon. The guy converts 89% for year on 3rd & 4th downs (either 1st down or TD). 13/13 in conference. I need to move on I guess!

Mace Griffin
11-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I get my money's worth of CiCi's, you calling me fat? :mad: so do i man how i love that place

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
so do i man how i love that place

Makes me want to go there tonight. Too bad it's raining out. I may just get me some Domino's and settle in...:thinking:

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 07:04 PM
You should go Super Monster....

whtfbplaya
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I want to go down swinging with my best weapon. The guy converts 89% on year on 3rd & 4th downs (either 1st down or TD). 13/13 in conference. I need to move on I guess!

Agree, no one second guesses if you run it up the gut at least once. He in over his head, and the thoughts are getting passed to 7. He wont throw a pass unless the guy is wide open. Fran plays not to get beat. I am sick of people giving excuses about everyone was expecting that. I just wanted to see Stoops play-action on fourth and an inch. :flaming:

g$$
11-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Agreed, poor McGee is scared to make a mistake now too. Fran coaches qbs with Koenning you know. The qb takes on the personality of the HC most of the time. I fault McGee's coaching more than anything. The guy is very talented.

I though Stoops might play action too, but I guess he decided to be safe & run it. I never put anything past Big Game Bob! I wish Fran had his cajones, but then again Fran NEVER played a down of football.

I run that sucker twice on the goal line - either Lane twice or naked boot keep w/ McGee. Alexander might have worked too. I do not put it in the air the way our passing game performed. I do think Martellus Bennett is way under utilized though.

crabman
11-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Lane needs to shut up and have another donut OR GET IN SHAPE!!!

He is in shape. ....... Round is a shape.

bulldogman06
11-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Lombardi is right...long term...Javorskie needs to drop the weight. His career will be longer and he would be more effective. His stamina would be greater and he would be even better at moving those feet....And....he would STILL be a load to tackle.

Long career? two words: Jerome Bettis

g$$
11-07-2006, 03:23 AM
I have always agreed with that comparison. Bettis when he was younger may have been a little more explosive, but definitely lots of similarities between the two. I watched Bettis in college vs. A&M in the Cotton Bowl - backfield of him, Reggie Brooks, & Rick Mirer. ND beat us 2 years in a row, once in a blowout & the other by 3. Those were the days...

Now if only Fran would saddle Lane up & ride that big horse!

Lombardi
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Oh,I understand college football and even played it. I also understand that Lane has rushed for over 100 yards only one game the entire year.. I also understand that the only quality opponent aTm has beaten is Missouri and the jury is still out on Mizzou...You only have to suffer through 3 more losses this year...
Originally posted by AggieJohn
shut up, period.....

Lombardi
11-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Name another big back that was successful in the NFL!!Besides, Lane ain't Bettis!!!!
Originally posted by bulldogman06

kaorder1999
11-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Christian Okoye

wedo
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM

IMO he does need to drop some weight, even if he does lose 25-30 pounds that leaves him at like 250! That is still huge and at 250 he might could get more than 3 carries in a row. And if he is planning to go the NFL they will make him lose weight b/c he can't runover everyone in the NFL believe me ask Ron Dayne! Back on the original subject no should talk back to the coach no matter what! IF he did suspend him for two games!

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Name another big back that was successful in the NFL!!Besides, Lane ain't Bettis!!!!
"Ironhead" Craig Heyward
Marion Butts
Natrone Means
How big is Jamal Lewis, 250? 260?

And remember, there's a first time for everything.

wedo
11-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
"Ironhead" Craig Heyward
Marion Butts
Natrone Means
How big is Jamal Lewis, 250? 260?

And remember, there's a first time for everything.

Im not trying to put Lane down he is a talented back. Jamal Lewis is about 230 and he has been struggling the past couple of years. Natrone Means didn't play that long but had a few good years., nor was Means 300. IF Lane isn't 300 niether is Red Bryant. IMO actually depending on when he comes out and what he runs at the combine will determine if Lanes drops weight or not!

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Im not trying to put Lane down he is a talented back. Jamal Lewis is about 230 and he has been struggling the past couple of years. Natrone Means didn't play that long but had a few good years., nor was Means 300. IF Lane isn't 300 niether is Red Bryant. IMO actually depending on when he comes out and what he runs at the combine will determine if Lanes drops weight or not!
I don't think there's ever been a 280 lb. TB at the NFL level, but there have been some 250- to 260-lb. backs. The Ravens' website has Lewis at 245, Means was in the 250-260 range throughout his career, and Heyward was about 5-10, 255. I think Butts was in the 240-range, but can't remember. So ya'll are right about there never being a back as big as Jorvorskie.

I've met Jorvorskie a couple of times, and he doesn't look 300, but that's just what I thought. I would've guessed in the 270-280 range. I think he's alright at 280, and if he could just shed some of the baby fat and replace it with muscle he'd be alright. His biggest problem right now IMO is his stamina, not his lateral quickness. He's as quick as most 230-lb college backs, he just doesn't show it as much. He prefers to run into people rather than run around them.

If you watch him closely on options, he'll change direction without missing a beat and you barely notice it. The thing you notice is that the defender that had the angle is suddenly playing catchup.

I'd like to hear what big blue defensive end has to say about him. He practiced against Lane at A&M.

vet93
11-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Six Words: Don't make the exception the rule!!!

Originally posted by bulldogman06

g$$
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh,I understand college football and even played it. I also understand that Lane has rushed for over 100 yards only one game the entire year.. I also understand that the only quality opponent aTm has beaten is Missouri and the jury is still out on Mizzou...You only have to suffer through 3 more losses this year...

Blaming the wrong guy. Lane is averaging almost 5 ypc, so when he did get the carries like against Mizzou he went for 127 yds. Had 104 vs. Texas last year too. It's all about the game plan & getting the big boy lubed up. All good backs I have ever seen get better with more work. They wear people down too.

BTW, Craig Heyward (now deceased) was in the 280 lbs. range. Body frame very similar, but Lane may be quicker. I blame Fran not J. Lane on this one. Ride the big boy & get Goodson more touches too.

bulldogman06
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Six Words: Don't make the exception the rule!!!

What rule? I never heard running backs had a weight limit.

JR2004
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
In my opinion I was more impressed with Lane when I saw him play for Lufkin than I have been at A&M. If he was in the 245lbs. range he'd be an amazing back and in my opinion he'd be on the field for more plays at that weight. He has pretty good footwork for his size, but it won't matter much if he can't stay on the field longer than 2 or 3 carries in a row. He's just gotten way too heavy for his own good. Personally I'd say that whoever the strength and conditioning coach is at A&M is doing him a disservice by not getting him back to the 240-250 range instead of the 290 plus he's playing at right now. (Sorry there's no way he only weighs 270-280.)

HPLJ6L
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Screw all that, if I had a 280+ sledgehammer.... and I needed a Touchdown....and I was on the 2..and I called for the kicker?

My next call would be to ReMax, Century 21 or whoever I trust with my real estate needs.

If Lane says nothing, then he's not a warrior and I don't want him on my team. True Soldiers want it. and Fran insulted him with that BS call and he deserves everything that happens to him because of it. Maybe he'll get a cushy desk job like RC.

g$$
11-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Screw all that, if I had a 280+ sledgehammer.... and I needed a Touchdown....and I was on the 2..and I called for the kicker?

My next call would be to ReMax, Century 21 or whoever I trust with my real estate needs.

If Lane says nothing, then he's not a warrior and I don't want him on my team. True Soldiers want it. and Fran insulted him with that BS call and he deserves everything that happens to him because of it. Maybe he'll get a cushy desk job like RC.

I like this guy! Well done.