PDA

View Full Version : Burk at Graham

RMAC
11-06-2006, 02:02 AM
The Bulldogs travel down to Graham this Friday night for the season finale. The Steers have been playing pretty well lately with wins over IP and Vernon that not many thought they would get and are now back in the playoff mess that is District 6-3A. Burk has a stellar running back in Nate Brown coming off a very sub-par performance against an under/overrated Hirshi team, we just can't figure them out yet. So, with a playoff birth in the balance on Friday night, who wins this battle, which is basically for the 6-3A title?

VWG
11-06-2006, 09:11 AM
The Steers have been playing close games all this year against teams that primarily run the ball. Greenwood, Clyde, Monahans, Iowa Park, Vernon, etc......
Coach Brad McCoy has shifted the offense from an all spread attack to spread/I formation and has done a decent job of balancing things out these past two games.
Burk has been on a roll, after their opening game loss to Decatur to start the season. Last week was a shocker to everybody as Hirschi stopped the Bulldogs 7-0, and the game was in Burk.
This should be a good physical matchup.... and I think it will come down to execution on the offensive side. Which coach gameplans better on Friday night? I know the guys on the field play the game, but the men on the sidelines and in the pressbox call the plays.
Graham 20 Burk 14

I also think that the return of the 6' 4" receiver for Graham (has caught three TD passes since his return) is a big advantage for the Steers. Unless Burk has a cornerback that is 6'0" or taller, it could pose problems for the Dogs.