PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Game of the Week (10): Hondo @ Devine

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Hondo Owls and Devine Warhorses will meet this week for the district 28 championship.

Previously, these two teams have played 85 games against each other. Hondo leads the series 55-28-2, with the 1st game being played in 1921. HONDO'S biggest win was in 1939, 54-0., while Devine's was in 1992, 55-0.

Currently the Owls remain in the list of "undefeateds" and other than the close game against Bandera, have been beating their opponents by a good margin. They will be looking to get payback for last years' loss to Devine. Can they finish the regular season undefeated?

The Warhorses are also in the "undefeateds". Can they break the Owls win streak?

Thoughts? Predictions?

Much thanks to BooTsy for the info.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Didnt Devine win against Bandera 23-19? Thought the warhorses were 9-0:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Didnt Devine win against Bandera 23-19? Thought the warhorses were 9-0:thinking:
Grrrrr! I thought so too. :mad: I should've checked another source. :( Thanks. It's corrected. (More stinking technical difficulties....)

bulldogman06
11-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

wait what?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
wait what?
http://texpreps.com/fbsch06/dispteam.php?team=devine

bulldogman06
11-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Yea LHPM said they were undefeated though...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Both teams seem evenly matched as they both have had no problems of disposing their district foes by similar margins. Great matchup. Hondo in overtime.:)

bulldogman06
11-06-2006, 01:33 AM
ahh, ok, I see where your comin from now. Last year we beat Hondo but lost to Devine... if that makes anyones decision. this ones gonna be close, but im sayin Hondo just so Boosty will be happy

Boosty_Hondo
11-06-2006, 03:00 AM
ahh, ok, I see where your comin from now. Last year we beat Hondo but lost to Devine... if that makes anyones decision. this ones gonna be close, but im sayin Hondo just so Boosty will be happy

lol thanks atleast some one is lookin out for me

Boosty_Hondo
11-06-2006, 03:02 AM
I say hondo by 14 because they are really reaching there peak scince the 2nd and 3rd string teams have been getting ALOT of playing time so the owls will be deep on both sides of the ball so ya ofcourse im gonna say hondo

catman
11-06-2006, 03:27 AM
I've been looking for a game to go to friday. I was thinking about this one or
Ingleside @ Sinton. I decided that Hondo would be too much for Devine. I'm thinking that the other game would be closer. What do you think Boosty? Should I go to Devine or Sinton?

Boosty_Hondo
11-06-2006, 10:54 AM
i think u should go to devine i honestly think its going to be a good game even if hondo is to much for devine cause its for the district championship and the hondo and devine game is always decided who has the deeper roster in the 4th quarter because every ounce of energy from every kid is put into this game

big daddy russ
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Devine's win against Comfort is impressive.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

hehe held Comfort to its lowest point total of the year 34 as Comfort has score 40+ in all of their other games.

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2006, 02:39 PM
HONDO ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!! WOOHOO, GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :kiss:

44INAROW
11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Hondo in a nailbiter 24-21 :)

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by catman
I've been looking for a game to go to friday. I was thinking about this one or
Ingleside @ Sinton. I decided that Hondo would be too much for Devine. I'm thinking that the other game would be closer. What do you think Boosty? Should I go to Devine or Sinton? I'd tell you to come to SInton b/c the shirt will be there, but you've already signed it. you've met us both so just flip a coin. ;)

OH AND HONDO BY 7!!! :clap: :clap:

catman
11-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I didn't even noticed that they had beaten Comfort. That is awesome. I saw Comfort when they beat Blanco and I know what they have.

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I know how everyone loves the well we played so & so scenerios so here you go!! :D

Hondo beat San Antonio Holy Cross 42-8 / Devine beat them 35-12

Hondo beat Bandera 34-28/Devine beat them 23-19

They both have just KILLED their district opponents. Should be a good game!!! :clap:

Good Luck to both teams, but I'll be rooting for HONDO!!! :thumbsup:

catman
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
i think u should go to devine i honestly think its going to be a good game even if hondo is to much for devine cause its for the district championship and the hondo and devine game is always decided who has the deeper roster in the 4th quarter because every ounce of energy from every kid is put into this game

What about seating? Texas Bob shows WarHorse Stadium as only seating 1000.
I looked at the stadium on the Google Hybrid satellite map and the visitor stand is tiny. It looks like maybe 10 rows high from the 40 to the 35 on the other side of the 50. Am I going to have a problem getting a ticket? Will I have to stand at the fence?

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
It's in Devine so they should be favored in a pretty even matchup.

Boosty_Hondo
11-06-2006, 04:12 PM
What about seating? Texas Bob shows WarHorse Stadium as only seating 1000.
I looked at the stadium on the Google Hybrid satellite map and the visitor stand is tiny. It looks like maybe 10 rows high from the 40 to the 35 on the other side of the 50. Am I going to have a problem getting a ticket? Will I have to stand at the fence?

u are going to have to buy tickets before the game all tickets indevine are sold out already and over 6,000 tickets ahve been sold already they are bringing in a bunch of extra bleachers to fit everybody but if you want a seat i would reccomend getting there 4:30-5:30 any later than that u will be standing

catman
11-06-2006, 04:33 PM
u are going to have to buy tickets before the game all tickets indevine are sold out already and over 6,000 tickets ahve been sold already they are bringing in a bunch of extra bleachers to fit everybody but if you want a seat i would reccomend getting there 4:30-5:30 any later than that u will be standing

So you are saying that I will be able to get tickets on the visitor side if I get there that early? I can do that. Saturday I'm going to see 2 games in San Antonio---
Judson @ Reagan and then the Chili Bowl.

Boosty_Hondo
11-06-2006, 04:34 PM
So you are saying that I will be able to get tickets on the visitor side if I get there that early? I can do that. Saturday I'm going to see 2 games in San Antonio---
Judson @ Reagan and then the Chili Bowl.

the game is on friday night and u have to get ur tickets in hondo at the school there will be no tickets sold at the game that i know of but dont qute me on that

catman
11-06-2006, 04:39 PM
the game is on friday night and u have to get ur tickets in hondo at the school there will be no tickets sold at the game that i know of but dont qute me on that

Do you know what time they will quit selling them at the school friday? In some places they quit selling at noon on gameday. I have to know what time to leave Ft. Worth to make it.

catman
11-06-2006, 05:59 PM
I used to work with a man up in Ft. Worth who has since died. He was from Devine. He knew I liked high school football and would tell me about the Hondo/Devine rivalry. He said that I should see this game when they are both doing well and the district championship is on the line. It looks like that time has arrived, even though I will have to drive right by Mart @ Marlin to get there. I've seen the M&Ms before though! :)

Boosty_Hondo
11-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I used to work with a man up in Ft. Worth who has since died. He was from Devine. He knew I liked high school football and would tell me about the Hondo/Devine rivalry. He said that I should see this game when they are both doing well and the district championship is on the line. It looks like that time has arrived, even though I will have to drive right by Mart @ Marlin to get there. I've seen the M&Ms before though! :)

lol i like the whole M&M thing haha

bjrod9
11-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It's in Devine so they should be favored in a pretty even matchup.

Tickets will be sold on visitors side, but get there early as Boosty said. I know alot of us Owl fans will be there early tailgating at 4:30.
I know Devine is undefeated, and i may be a little biased, but i am gonna go out on a limb and say Hondo puts 56 points on the board and Devine will put up 14.

Go Owls!

wimbo_pro
11-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Hondo's offense will wear down Devine's defense in the 4th quarter...Hondo by 17.

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Hondo

bandera7
11-06-2006, 09:14 PM
this one goes to Hondo...we played both, and Hondo has a better team, we lost to devine because of Chris West, we lost to Hondo because of the whole team, Hondo will shut West down and go on to win 35-21.

LHPfactory
11-07-2006, 08:09 AM
HONDO-31
DEVINE-28

footballgal
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
I am going with Hondo on this one, for sure!

bandera7
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Good luck to both teams, should be a great game

Gobbla2001
11-08-2006, 12:58 PM
#1 - Hondo should roll in this one...

#2 - Why isn't Cuero vs. Goliad the game of the weAk???

gold_33
11-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I looked at the playoff road map and from what it showed is the loser of this game would possibly face Wimberley in the second round given if both sides win there 1st rd matchup. Is that right or wrong? Cause that would be tough the week before potentially Cuero because both teams are undefeated (now) so they have to be pretty good no matter what the schedule. I know Wimberley beat both Hondo and Devine pretty handily last year but that was last year and it could always be a way tougher game if our boys would be lookin toward the next week and not whats in front of them. If that is correct im not likin it and would rather play Devine first so go Hondo!

Boosty_Hondo
11-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
I looked at the playoff road map and from what it showed is the loser of this game would possibly face Wimberley in the second round given if both sides win there 1st rd matchup. Is that right or wrong? Cause that would be tough the week before potentially Cuero because both teams are undefeated (now) so they have to be pretty good no matter what the schedule. I know Wimberley beat both Hondo and Devine pretty handily last year but that was last year and it could always be a way tougher game if our boys would be lookin toward the next week and not whats in front of them. If that is correct im not likin it and would rather play Devine first so go Hondo!

yes you are correct the loser of this game will meet wimberly in round 2 so ya i i think devine will be that team but that is jsut my person opinion haha

SintonFan
11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Devine is favored in this game to those who know. They have really come alive lately with that young squad and are really looking forward to playing Hondo at their own house. It's gonna be a barn-burner, no doubt.:clap: :)

Boosty_Hondo
11-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Devine is favored in this game to those who know. They have really come alive lately with that young squad and are really looking forward to playing Hondo at their own house. It's gonna be a barn-burner, no doubt.:clap: :)

were do u see that they are favored?

SintonFan
11-08-2006, 10:40 PM
were do u see that they are favored?
Two. Count them TWO of my neighbors have varsity players as nephews playing for Devine. I know they are favored... and they should.:cool: Trust me on this. Alot of talent on that Devine team, too.:cool:

Boosty_Hondo
11-08-2006, 10:47 PM
i dont think devine is favored just because they have talent..because hondo has talent too so ya u should provide me with a website to show me that they are favored

SintonFan
11-08-2006, 11:53 PM
i dont think devine is favored just because they have talent..because hondo has talent too so ya u should provide me with a website to show me that they are favored
No website. I just met some of the kids.:)
Many folks in SA feel the same way(those in the "know").:cool:

bulldogman06
11-08-2006, 11:55 PM
No website. I just met some of the kids.:)
Many folks in SA feel the same way(those in the "know").:cool:

Everyone I have talked to has said Hondo, how is Devine favored? And the people who say Devine is favored, have they seen both teams play?

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Everyone I have talked to has said Hondo, how is Devine favored? And the people who say Devine is favored, have they seen both teams play?
They have seen them both play( a few friends are coaches for 5A schools in SA). Why the 10th degree? Do I smell or what? *checking
under arm smell*

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Actually Devine was DII last year and play LH. I don't know how many of their players are back from last year, but they had some BIG guys on the team.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Two. Count them TWO of my neighbors have varsity players as nephews playing for Devine. I know they are favored... and they should.:cool: Trust me on this. Alot of talent on that Devine team, too.:cool:

If you neighbors said it would be a good idea for you to jump into the grand canyon, would you believe them??? :p :D

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
If you neighbors said it would be a good idea for you to jump into the grand canyon, would you believe them??? :p :D
I've been to the Grand Canyon! Have you been there?:mad:
I've thought about bungee jumping lessons too.:(
Devine by 7.:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I've been to the Grand Canyon! Have you been there?:mad:
I've thought about bungee jumping lessons too.:(

I've been there twice :D

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I've been there twice :D
So are you saying she was friendly or what?

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
So are you saying she was friendly or what?

she wasn't bad...

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2006, 10:21 PM
nope, Hondo by at least 14.......I've seen both play and Hondo will win this one. GO OWLS GO!!! :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:21 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Well still...
Devine by 7!:clap: :)

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Well still...
Devine by 7!:clap: :)

Hondo by........ I dunno, I'll be a little conservative and say 21 :inlove:

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Hondo by........ I dunno, I'll be a little conservative and say 21 :inlove:
Are you living vicariously through Hondo through Cuero?:eek:
Not gonna happen!:hand:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Are you living vicariously through Hondo through Cuero?:eek:
Not gonna happen!:hand:

huh? ha

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:31 PM
huh? ha
Devine by 6 now, just cuz you convinced me it will be closer than I thought...:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Devine by 6 now, just cuz you convinced me it will be closer than I thought...:clap:

well I'll add the one you took off to mine and make it Hondo by 22... :p

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
well I'll add the one you took off to mine and make it Hondo by 22... :p
Cool. If we bet on this game double or nothing then maybe you can buy me 3 cases of Coor's light? And that adds up to 22+2x3= a whole lotta beer! I'd take that bet.:thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Cool. If we bet on this game double or nothing then maybe you can buy me 3 cases of Coor's light? And that adds up to 22+2x3= a whole lotta beer! I'd take that bet.:thumbsup:

on this game?

I'll think about it, will get back with you Saturday sometime...

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:44 PM
on this game?

I'll think about it, will get back with you Saturday sometime...
Ha!
The force is not in your argument young padaposter... I sense some weakness on your prediction...
:evilgrin:

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Ha!
The force is not in your argument young padaposter... I sense some weakness on your prediction...
:evilgrin:

Nahhhhh....

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Ok, that was lame... no doubt...:nerd:

Gobbla2001
11-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Ok, that was lame... no doubt...:nerd:

I do my best man... my best...

SintonFan
11-10-2006, 12:36 AM
I do my best man... my best...
I was talking about my post...:doh:

bandera7
11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
I am still going with Hondo 35-21. Both have talent, no doubt, but Hondo just has too much for Devine. I see werner running all over Devine's D, and Hackabiel (if that is how you spell it) running and throwing a td, maybe throwing two.

IHStangFan
11-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Devine by 12

bjrod9
11-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Hondo wins 38-13