PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game of the Week (10): Canyon @ Dalhart

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2006, 12:21 AM
The Canyon Eagles will be in Dalhart to take on the Golden Wolves in this district 5 game.

The two seasons prior to this, Dalhart had won only 1 game total. They have made a huge turnaround this year and have seen much success on the field. They are 8-1 overall, with their only loss coming in district to Perryton. Can they pull off the win over a tough Eagles team?

The Eagles are currently 7-2, and are undefeated in district. Their losses come at the hands of Sweetwater and Snyder. Can they continue their district winning streak?

Thoughts? Predictions?

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Canyon

Da Mules
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
watch out for Canyon, if this fellow is even allowed to play again! This is from the Perryton game last Friday. It was broadcast on Amarillo TV.
dirty player (http://www.atech4u.com/CheapShot.wmv)

I did read that the Canyon coaches jerked him from the game, to their credit. However, if he's playing this week, I don't think they did enough.

As for the game itself, appears to almost be a toss-up. Canyon's Anthony Ramos continues to put up huge numbers, accounting for 425 yards of total offense in the Perryton game. Dalhart, on the other hand, continues to surprise the Panhandle with their 180-degree turnaround, and GRIT. Canyon's defense continues to be a little porous.

I think Ramos will pull off the win by 14 points, as the Eagles have the edge in big games.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
watch out for Canyon #4, if he's even allowed to play! This is from the Perryton game last Friday.

I did read that the Canyon coaches jerked him from the game, to their credit. However, if he's playing this week, I don't think they did enough.

Ya, I'd say that's a bit uncalled for. He should be suspended a few games, if not kicked off of the team.

football4life
11-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Ya, I'd say that's a bit uncalled for. He should be suspended a few games, if not kicked off of the team.

okay well as it was uncalled for, and not too wise to do it out in the middle of view, you can't say that those things don't go on all the time in the thick of things. he was rightfully held out of the rest of the game, but shouldn't be kicked off, thats extreme.

as for the game, i'm surprised by dalhart every week, especially after the borger game this past weekend, shutting out a team that played canyon tough. but it's a game of matchups, and borger was athletic enough in the secondary, keeping it close. apparently they could not stop the run against dalhart. They will not be able to keep up in the secondary, and canyon will run up some points. as for the D, canyon's D has given up a lot of rushing yards, but this is more attributed to the fact that canyon has played teams who extremely run-oriented. you have to have the bend-not-break mentality, and they do that well. I will say Canyon 31, Dalhart 21

DaHop72
11-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
watch out for Canyon, if this fellow is even allowed to play again! This is from the Perryton game last Friday. It was broadcast on Amarillo TV.

As for the game itself, appears to almost be a toss-up. Canyon's Anthony Ramos continues to put up huge numbers, accounting for 425 yards of total offense in the Perryton game. Dalhart, on the other hand, continues to surprise the Panhandle with their 180-degree turnaround, and GRIT. Canyon's defense continues to be a little porous.

I think Ramos will pull off the win by 14 points, as the Eagles have the edge in big games. You stay classy Canyon.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

football4life
11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You stay classy Canyon.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what the hell does that mean man?? don't be naive enough to think that one player personifies an entire team and tradition. i would think being from snyder you would know from experience. i don't condone what he did but he was a teammate of mine so i'll stick by him and all those other guys.

Stownhorse
11-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by football4life
okay well as it was uncalled for, and not too wise to do it out in the middle of view, you can't say that those things don't go on all the time in the thick of things. he was rightfully held out of the rest of the game, but shouldn't be kicked off, thats extreme.

Are you kidding....He didnt jimmy tap him he cracked the goods, if he did it hard enough he could have damaged something....looked like he did it fairly hard for that kid to drop like a fly...that crap is dangerous

Stownhorse
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
what the hell does that mean man?? don't be naive enough to think that one player personifies an entire team and tradition. i would think being from snyder you would know from experience. i don't condone what he did but he was a teammate of mine so i'll stick by him and all those other guys.

Do you remember that Sky Green incident you pointed out back when we played?

football4life
11-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Do you remember that Sky Green incident you pointed out back when we played?

yea what about it?

Stownhorse
11-07-2006, 12:23 AM
yea what about it?

You brought that up and blew it out of proportion.

football4life
11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
You brought that up and blew it out of proportion.

did I? I pointed out the act by an individual, said HIS act was uncalled for and classless, after i had already talked highly of sweetwater as a team. it was the people who forgot how to read and tried to make it out to be something it wasn't who blew it out of proportion.

eagles72
11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Remember this is Canyon and everyone loves to HATE Canyon!! This was one persons actions and it was a great acting job on the other party, yeah, he did get kicked but not nearly as hard as it was made out to be. He was just fine a couple of minutes after it happened. I'm not by any means saying what he did was justified, I think it was horrible, but I think it was blown way out of perportion!! Canyon has some great kids on their football team and they don't think what he did was right, but they are a team and they WILL stand behind him.

Stownhorse
11-07-2006, 11:48 AM
did I? I pointed out the act by an individual, said HIS act was uncalled for and classless, after i had already talked highly of sweetwater as a team. it was the people who forgot how to read and tried to make it out to be something it wasn't who blew it out of proportion.

But thats how people are....they are going to look at a individual act and reflect that on the whole team.

football4life
11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
But thats how people are....they are going to look at a individual act and reflect that on the whole team.

yea i realize that, i was trying to deflect it from my team, just as i deflected it from sweetwater as a team. it's an unwinnable battle. anyways, back to this game. actually there are no posters from dalhart, so that will be pretty difficult.

Stownhorse
11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
yea i realize that, i was trying to deflect it from my team, just as i deflected it from sweetwater as a team. it's an unwinnable battle. anyways, back to this game. actually there are no posters from dalhart, so that will be pretty difficult.

I actually know a girl from there but I know she wouldnt give a crap about the d-low lol

westcoast54
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
What kind of defense does Canyon and Dalhart run?

football4life
11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
canyon runs a base 4-3, pretty simple.

dunno about dalhart, usually teams come up with something different against our spread, so it will likely be something new.

Stownhorse
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
canyon runs a base 4-3, pretty simple.

dunno about dalhart, usually teams come up with something different against our spread, so it will likely be something new.
After what ramos did last week they better come up with something different.

football4life
11-07-2006, 06:53 PM
After what ramos did last week they better come up with something different.

there's not much you can do against a double threat like that, and he has a lot of weapons that can be great, they just have to step up and make plays.

westtexasfbfan
11-07-2006, 10:34 PM

What a disgrace to football. I'd kick him off the team for sure!

Ranger Mom
11-08-2006, 10:15 AM

Something interesting was pointed out to me today.

The player that got "kneed" and fell to the ground is an "ex Greenwood" kid that moved to Perryton his Freshman year.

I know his parents and I bet they were "HOT! :eek:

Stownhorse
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
there's not much you can do against a double threat like that, and he has a lot of weapons that can be great, they just have to step up and make plays.

We did alot against the "double threat"

football4life
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
We did alot against the "double threat"

yes, i agree, but i would rather believe that it was because of themselves rather than entirely swwater's D. but that's in the past.

SideBurnWillie
11-09-2006, 09:02 AM
yes, i agree, but i would rather believe that it was because of themselves rather than entirely swwater's D. but that's in the past.

You always find an excuse for your two defeats, never that the other team was better....:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-09-2006, 11:23 AM
yes, i agree, but i would rather believe that it was because of themselves rather than entirely swwater's D. but that's in the past. For both loses??;) I would rather think it has to do with playing higer caliber teams that the norm for Canyon.

football4life
11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
You always find an excuse for your two defeats, never that the other team was better....:rolleyes:

yes i never give the other team credit, do i? i'm just full of excuses. you are obviously one of the non thorough readers that seem to be plentiful.

football4life
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
For both loses??;) I would rather think it has to do with playing higer caliber teams that the norm for Canyon.

all i'm saying is they had opportunities to put themselves in position to win those games, and they just didn't come through. swwater and snyder both took advantage, and they played better. i'll never give into saying that my team is inferior, if that's what you're looking for.:p

Black_Magic
11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
all i'm saying is they had opportunities to put themselves in position to win those games, and they just didn't come through. swwater and snyder both took advantage, and they played better. i'll never give into saying that my team is inferior, if that's what you're looking for.:p I dont expect you to do that at all. I would be suprised if you did. Even though it may be the truth

football4life
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I dont expect you to do that at all. I would be suprised if you did. Even though it may be the truth

now i'm not sure how i should take that last part, but i'll just let it slide on by....

strata_0
11-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Was that the same canyon kid that got the Cooper running back thrown out during a playoff game last year???

football4life
11-09-2006, 05:16 PM
oh wait, is this the canyon vs dalhart thread? i really can't remember......

canyon_eagle_4
11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by strata_0
Was that the same canyon kid that got the Cooper running back thrown out during a playoff game last year???

The cooper running back got himself thrown out of the game

Black_Magic
11-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by canyon_eagle_4
The cooper running back got himself thrown out of the game Thats Right guys!! Come on!! this incident was the ONLY time his kid EVER EVER did anything like this before. It just was unfortunate that the ONLY time this kid ever took a cheap shot was caught on film..:rolleyes: WAIT!!!!! Canyon _eagle4, are you any relation to the #4 from Canyon who took that Cheap shot???? are you the famous one?:eek:

strata_0
11-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Must have hit to close to home on that reply.

eagles72
11-10-2006, 12:58 PM
No, probably not, if it is him then he is in school right now. Even if it is him it doesn't matter, he was right, the the Cooper kid did get himself thrown out of the ballgame, with no help from anyone else.

Black_Magic
11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles72
No, probably not, if it is him then he is in school right now. Even if it is him it doesn't matter, he was right, the the Cooper kid did get himself thrown out of the ballgame, with no help from anyone else. May be.. BUT no comment on the Video???? then again what could you say to anyone about doing somthing like that.. Especialy if you a Team Capitan:eek: Kinda hard to justify that at all.

trenchdweller
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of booster club videos and coaching staff footage around the panhandle that shows that this was an isolated incident. practice, practice, practice. Looked pretty good at what he did.

strata_0
11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
No, probably not, if it is him then he is in school right now. Even if it is him it doesn't matter, he was right, the the Cooper kid did get himself thrown out of the ballgame, with no help from anyone else.
No, he had a little help from from a Canyon player.. Second guy always gets caught!!

eagles72
11-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Guess you shouldn't ever be the second guy huh??

Black_Magic
11-10-2006, 02:13 PM
No, probably not, if it is him then he is in school right now. Even if it is him it doesn't matter, he was right, the the Cooper kid did get himself thrown out of the ballgame, with no help from anyone else. Well it said this was posted at 4:46. By that Time he would have time to get home from practice. Canyon only works Offence evidently( Cant stop others from scoring) So practice was done by then:clap: #4 is a Team Capitan?? WOW! what kind of measures were taken by the HC??

DaHop72
11-10-2006, 02:15 PM
WOW! what kind of measures were taken by the HC?? :thinking: :thinking: I wonder if he's playing tonight???

football4life
11-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Well it said this was posted at 4:46. By that Time he would have time to get home from practice. Canyon only works Offence evidently( Cant stop others from scoring) So practice was done by then:clap: #4 is a Team Capitan?? WOW! what kind of measures were taken by the HC??

wow! you know the canyon practice schedule?? that's amazing. you guys continue to impress me with your all-knowing. it's none of your damn business what measures were taken by the head coach.

mrescape43
11-10-2006, 10:05 PM
wow! you know the canyon practice schedule?? that's amazing. you guys continue to impress me with your all-knowing. it's none of your damn business what measures were taken by the head coach.

Whether or not he is playing this week shows the true character of Canyons coach.

football4life
11-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Whether or not he is playing this week shows the true character of Canyons coach.

you have got to be kidding me. you would judge the "true character" of a coach based on that? wait, yea you would. now that i think of it i could give a rip of your opinion of his "true character"

as for the game- Canyon 35, dalhart 13 late 4th

Snyder_TigerFan
11-10-2006, 11:16 PM
you have got to be kidding me. you would judge the "true character" of a coach based on that? wait, yea you would. now that i think of it i could give a rip of your opinion of his "true character"

I think alot of people would judge the character of a coach based on wether or not they are ballsy enought to bench one of the star players if they demonstarted an act like that.

football4life
11-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I think alot of people would judge the character of a coach based on wether or not they are ballsy enought to bench one of the star players if they demonstarted an act like that.

i can understand that, and i'm probably just offended because it's personal for me.

Black_Magic
11-13-2006, 10:17 AM
I just realized one thing. #4 also kicked a player after he was takled and also threw the ball back into the face of one of the defenders after catching a TD Pass. So the Video may not be an isolated incident. Didnt he also throw Skye Greens helmet after it came off during the Canyon Sweetwater Game????

eagles72
11-13-2006, 10:32 AM
So do you go to all of Canyons games or did someone tell you this? Because all of the videos I have seen, I didn't see any of this, and I DO go to all of Canyon's games. I think this needs to be dropped, Tyler was punished, so let it go!! The pot has been stirred enough, it is old news.:mad:

Black_Magic
11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
If Im not mistaken, I often have been. I belive Green from sweetwater was critisized about conduct after he made a TD or something because of his helmet being tossed.. I believe I remember people from Canyon being very critical of the RBs action after a TD. I remember people wanting to be very critical of the unsportsman like conduct of a player during the game AGANST Canyon.. IF this is correct and he did throw a helmet then it may be tit for tat. AND to answer your question I have seen the games on Video. and These things DID happen. not always obvious though. thats how these type of players get away with it though. it happens quick and then they act inocent. BUT you cant hide from the eye in the press box.;) or the TV camera. Its rough justice to be put on Amarillo TV as a Cheap shot. Kinda like the Player who cleated another player in the head after his helmet came off.

eagles72
11-13-2006, 10:57 AM
You are right about things being caught on tape, but hey, we could go on all day about the cheap stuff that happens during football games, and NO they are not all Tyler and NO they are not all Canyon football players. This needs to be dropped, it is over and I am sure he will be on his best behaviour for however many games we will be playing. He is not the only one that has done this sort of thing, he just got caught. There is a ref in our area that said this is by far not the worst thing he has seen, it was just more obvious!!

Chunkthepill
11-13-2006, 11:39 AM
let it go, it's over