Hirschi wins on head-to-head with Burkburnett

4.Vernon falls iowa park;Burkburnett beats Graham
--Burkburnett is the district champ
--iowa park, Graham & Hirschi tie at 2-2
--iowa park wins the point-system tiebreaker;
Hirschi wins on head-to-head with Graham

mchavez
11-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry but I dont see how you get the second scenarios! If Vernon loses to I.P. then Vernon won't be 2-2, they be 1-3, only beating hirschi, and losing to I.P., Graham, and Burk!!! And if the 3rd and 4th happen, Vernon will be in the ties with a 2-2 record!!

fury900
11-06-2006, 12:17 AM
sorry got it fix

mchavez
11-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Great!! I wasn't trying to be rude, just wanted you to know!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-06-2006, 01:07 AM
If Burk wins they are District Champs. If they lose they are out of the playoff picture. The UIL is messed up.

fury900
11-06-2006, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
If Burk wins they are District Champs. If they lose they are out of the playoff picture. The UIL is messed up.

point-system tiebreaker is messed up lol not the uil

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by fury900
point-system tiebreaker is messed up lol not the uil

would you rather them have to flip a coin?

or draw straws?

JasonTX
11-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
would you rather them have to flip a coin?

or draw straws?

No coin flip, just let them play another game.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by JasonTX
No coin flip, just let them play another game.
How could you do that with 3 teams??? Having to play 2 games to get into the playoffs...and THEN play a playoff game?? That would be 4 games within an 8 day period!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-06-2006, 05:36 PM
The UIL is messed up because they created the mess with the 5 team districts. In fact one district has only 4 teams. Not only that but one entire district gets a bye for the first round. How fair is that? Yes please sign me up for that 2 weeks to prepare and heal any injuries. Let the UIL pay me to do the scheduling!!!! I can do better. I'm serious I need to apply for the job.

The district was forced to come up with some rules in case of a tie and years ago it was a coin flip. Not their fault that the UIL put them in a 5 team district. (With no clear cut better teams).

Of course I have lost faith in the Lions now. This team has had problems putting them away or winning what ever you want to call it. They have lost games that they should have won and now it has hurt them. If I recall the last two years we lost the last game of the regular season. Two years ago it cost us a playoff spot and last year it was luck that we even got in due to the tie breaker stuff.

When I played (1980's) we had 9 teams in our district. (Arlington Martin).

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Z...I admire the Lions and will rooting for them!

MarginalTalent
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
The shame of it is that there are getting to be fewer 3A teams, especially in Region 1 where the economies are mostly ag based or oil. People are moving to the big city. Their loss. There's nothing like small town football!

mwynn05
11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
The shame of it is that there are getting to be fewer 3A teams, especially in Region 1 where the economies are mostly ag based or oil. People are moving to the big city. Their loss. There's nothing like small town football! You act like they have a choice... a lot of these families dont