PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Div I Favorite?

Chris Hart
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Could it be that Bandera, who will be 4-6 going into the playoffs will be the favorite to win Region IV Div I? I think they will at least make the Region IV Div I Championship game and possibly win it. I have never seen Region IV Div I as weak as it is this year. Bandera must have a lucky rabbits foot in their locker room to enter the playoffs with this kind of a draw, lol. Go Bandera, win region IV!:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2006, 10:53 PM
havent seen Ingleside this year and i dont think they are as good as last year , but if they are as good as last year and with no Cuero in the same bracket i think they go thru Region 4 Div 1 with no problem.

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
havent seen Ingleside this year and i dont think they are as good as last year , but if they are as good as last year and with no Cuero in the same bracket i think they go thru Region 4 Div 1 with no problem.
If Hondo goes D1 I think they'd be right there, too. LaVernia will also be tough, but Bandera's proven they can hang with them already.

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 11:03 PM
hondo is going D2 so im thinkin bandera or ingleside

Chris Hart
11-05-2006, 11:14 PM
havent seen Ingleside this year and i dont think they are as good as last year , but if they are as good as last year and with no Cuero in the same bracket i think they go thru Region 4 Div 1 with no problem. Yeah, Ingleside is the reason I didn't say Bandera would win the Reg IV final. I do think that Bandera can play right with Ingleside and beat them on any given night. As a matter of fact, if they do end up playing, I'll take Bandera...

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
[B]Bandera must have a lucky rabbits foot in their locker room He He He.....sure been cold dancing around the ole' mighty oak tree lately....... :eek: :eek: ;) :kiss:

elcabezon
11-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Ingleside in a rout!!!

99IHSMustang
11-06-2006, 09:54 AM
If if Ingleside is not the favorite I think we will support are region very well.

Chris Hart
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
He He He.....sure been cold dancing around the ole' mighty oak tree lately....... :eek: :eek: ;) :kiss: LOL YaYa! Looks as if yall will have a long enjoyable playoff ride this year. Better keep dancing though. I see yall playing in at least 3 playoff games this year, probably four, Good luck. If you can work your magic again, now this would be a cinderella story for sure. Who would've thought it after week 5?;)

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Region IV overall is weak anyway

IHStangFan
11-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Region IV overall is weak anyway as opposed to who? Rockdale? LOL.

wooden bear
11-06-2006, 07:36 PM

As good as last year? They were not good last year.

bandera7
11-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I havent seen Ingleside play, but I do know that Bandera can hang with most anyone when we finally decide to play. We showed what we can do when we played Hondo, and in the first half against Wimberley, and the third quarter of Cuero...the problem is always playing that way. If we can finally get that going all the time, we will be hard for anybody to beat.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Don't under estimate La Feria this year. Their defense is VERY stiff, and only 1 loss on the year thus far to Port Isabel. They play Rio Hondo this week and may raise some eyebrows.

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Don't under estimate La Feria this year. Their defense is VERY stiff, and only 1 loss on the year thus far to Port Isabel. They play Rio Hondo this week and may raise some eyebrows.
3A ball in the Valley is up this year. I think Raymondville, PI, RH, LaFeria, and Hidalgo could all compete in just about any district across the state.

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Region IV overall is weak anyway

Maybe in D1 but it will be the toughest in D2. Whoever wins Reg. 4 D1 will get beat buy whoever comes out of Reg 3, Bellville, Silsbee, or Hutto. Regardless of which one it is they will move on to the finals, probably against the winner of the Gilmer vs. the Decatur/Ab. Wylie winner from round one.

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
3A ball in the Valley is up this year. I think Raymondville, PI, RH, LaFeria, and Hidalgo could all compete in just about any district across the state.

Was looking at the non district schedules that these teams played and I have only heared of one team, Zapata. Not saying that they aren't good teams but to say they can compete in just about any district is a stretch. If any of these teams go three or four rounds in the playoffs then you have a valid point, but if they all bow out early, Well! ?????????

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Was looking at the non district schedules that these teams played and I have only heared of one team, Zapata. Not saying that they aren't good teams but to say they can compete in just about any district is a stretch. If any of these teams go three or four rounds in the playoffs then you have a valid point, but if they all bow out early, Well! ?????????
Ingleside played Rio Hondo last year in the playoffs and pulled off a tough win. Ingleside went to the third round of the playoffs before bowing out to Cuero.

Both teams got all their studs back and RH was tearing through the regular season. Then they got knocked off by Port Isabel, a traditional power on the state level.

I'm not from the Valley, but I can tell you right now that those teams are salty.

Corn Cob
11-07-2006, 01:32 PM
This one's easy! Whoever wins between Bandera and La Vernia will be playing in the Semifinals. My thoughts are that La Vernia will be the one.

footballgal
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Ingleside played Rio Hondo last year in the playoffs and pulled off a tough win. Ingleside went to the third round of the playoffs before bowing out to Cuero.

Both teams got all their studs back and RH was tearing through the regular season. Then they got knocked off by Port Isabel, a traditional power on the state level.

I'm not from the Valley, but I can tell you right now that those teams are salty.

Thanks big daddy, btw, I like that word when describing the Tarpons -- SALTY! ...Tarpons like Salty water.:D

bandera7
11-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
This one's easy! Whoever wins between Bandera and La Vernia will be playing in the Semifinals. My thoughts are that La Vernia will be the one.

dont say that so lightly...La Vernia took us by one last time, and we werent quite prepared for their quarterback...he really is a terrific athlete, had a passing, rushing, and punt return td on us...We will be ready for him this time, should turn out to be a great game though.

rodeo-rider
11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Region 4 will be disappointed when they meet whoever...I guess be glad you made it to the final 4...:nerd:

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
dont say that so lightly...La Vernia took us by one last time, and we werent quite prepared for their quarterback...he really is a terrific athlete, had a passing, rushing, and punt return td on us...We will be ready for him this time, should turn out to be a great game though. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bulldogman06
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
Region 4 will be disappointed when they meet whoever...I guess be glad you made it to the final 4...:nerd:

We will see

big daddy russ
11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
Either way, I guess we'll show up and take our chances.

SintonFan
11-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
Bandera had a million losses when they took the state title in '02. So who's to say it won't happen again?:p
What about MV or Ingleside(not this week, of course)? They look pretty good.

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Bandera had a million losses when they took the state title in '02. So who's to say it won't happen again?:p
What about MV or Ingleside(not this week, of course)? They look pretty good. Yeah, our outlook was as dismal as it could have been going into the playoffs!! Never give up hope!!! GO DOGS GO!!! You just never know what's gonna happen on that Friday nite!!!! :clap: :clap:

bulldogman06
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Yeah, our outlook was as dismal as it could have been going into the playoffs!! Never give up hope!!! GO DOGS GO!!! You just never know what's gonna happen on that Friday nite!!!! :clap: :clap:

Its any given Friday

LHPfactory
11-09-2006, 07:56 AM
I think Belleville will rep D1 3 and 4, maybe Hutto. Most likely Belleville. But Gilmer will most likely destroy who ever makes it.

lostaussie
11-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I think Belleville will rep D1 3 and 4, maybe Hutto. Most likely Belleville. But Gilmer will most likely destroy who ever makes it. I like the way you talk:D

Texasfootball2
11-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I may have already posted this but I think Gilmer will play the winner of the Decatur/Ab. Wylie game from round one in the D1 semi's. Region 3 has some good teams with no clear favorite. Region 4 may be the weakest in D1 and is anybody ballgame.