PDA

View Full Version : Fran's Record vs. Big Boys in Big 12...

g$$
11-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Dennis Franchione's bottom line dips to 1-10 against OU, Texas and Texas Tech, and 2-9 in November at A&M.

Factor in Nebraska & his record is 1-11 overall against the Big 12's best. Could easily be 1-13 by the end of the month. Only win vs. Tech in OT 2 years ago at Kyle Field.

Yes, he is 8-2 this year, but could easily be 5-5 or 4-6 or 6-4. He is also a couple of plays away from being 10-0. The non-conference schedule was a joke too.

Now 24-21 overall at A&M with 3 games to go this season (counting lesser bowl game).

That is unacceptable. Anybody have $10 million to spare?

Can you say not a big game coach?

Think like a recruit for a minute: would you rather play for Fran & his style or Stoops after watching them coach last night? Who gives you the best chance for success? I think we all know that answer unfortunately. Fran played scared & Stoops played to win.

wedo
11-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Dennis Franchione's bottom line dips to 1-10 against OU, Texas and Texas Tech, and 2-9 in November at A&M.

Factor in Nebraska & his record is 1-12 overall against the Big 12's best. Could easily be 1-14 by the end of the month. Only win vs. Tech in OT 2 years ago at Kyle Field.

Now 24-21 overall at A&M with 3 games to go this season (counting bowl game).

It looked like Fran played not to lose instead of playing to win yesterday IMO.

That is unacceptable. Anybody have $10 million to spare?

Can you say not a big game coach?

Think like a recruit for a minute: would you rather play for Fran & his style or Stoops after watching them coach last night? Who gives you the best chance for success? I think we all know that answer unfortunately. Fran played scared & Stoops played to win.

Macarthur
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
is 8-4 good enough for him to stay?

wedo
11-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
is 8-4 good enough for him to stay?

I think it will depend on if they win their bowl game. Which more than likely will be the Alamo or cotton.

crzyjournalist03
11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't think 8-4 keeps Fran's job...look at the pre-conference schedule and there's no reason the team should end up worse than that...Fran has to win one of the next two or I think he's out regardless of the bowl.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 09:39 PM
He has a pretty expensive house.

aggie09
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
of the 8 games we have won, 5 of them were basically coin flip games. They could of gone either way if one play had not gone our way. That luck will finally run out...

AggieJohn
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
i'm not ready to talk about this game yet.....i need time to heal

injuredinmelee
11-05-2006, 09:44 PM
I honestly dont know how they keep him around after this season. The 4 early wins were against bad teams and only one of those bad teams dang near bit the ags in the butt.

GreenMachine
11-05-2006, 10:08 PM
I hope he is gone after this season. He played the game against Oklahoma to get close. He wanted to not lose too badly. It was horrible! :mad:

Just Watching
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
And what was wrong with R.C.?

g$$
11-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
He has a pretty expensive house.

You are right. It is 12,000 sq. feet on one of the new golf courses in Bryan. Big alum Don Adams made that happen. It is a mansion in every sense of the word. And I hope VACANT soon.

Don't see him leaving unless a BIG $$ alum steps up & buys him out. The only caveat might be if he gets blown out the next 3 games, including the bowl. I think he stays unfortunately.

Worst contract in the history of college athletics. He should kiss his agent/lawyer on the mouth for that deal. He has a noose around A&M's neck for better or worse. The rollover year to year kicks in early December too.

JR2004
11-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Factor in Nebraska & his record is 1-11 overall against the Big 12's best. Could easily be 1-13 by the end of the month. Only win vs. Tech in OT 2 years ago at Kyle Field.

Sounds like success to me. His next extension should be just around the corner! :)

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Sounds like success to me. His next extension should be just around the corner! :)

why not give the guy a chance. he has a winning record.

BTW- the main reason I like him.....I am a TECH fan.

Coach F is FRANTASTIC.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
why not give the guy a chance. he has a winning record.

BTW- the main reason I like him.....I am a TECH fan.

Coach F is FRANTASTIC.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's to another 50+ point whooping in the LBK next year! :D :D :D

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's to another 50+ point whooping in the LBK next year! :D :D :D

first off...lets hope that TECH can stop the run next week.

and that ATM and UT lose the rest of the games...man i cant stand those 2 schools.

UT fans get on my nerves- but at least they have agood team to brag about.

ATM fans get on my nerves for so many reasons....but at least they have the 12th man.....too bad he didnt help much on that last play against the sooners.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 09:44 AM
first off...lets hope that TECH can stop the run next week.

and that ATM and UT lose the rest of the games...man i cant stand those 2 schools.

UT fans get on my nerves- but at least they have agood team to brag about.

ATM fans get on my nerves for so many reasons....but at least they have the 12th man.....too bad he didnt help much on that last play against the sooners.

It was absolutely fitting that they were flagged for 12 men on the field. Stoops WAS right...playing at Kyle isn't worse than anywhere else that play! ;)

The Oklahoma game is definitely a scare game and I'm not sure if Tech can make it happen. Their defense is #13 in the country in pass defense (156.4 yds/game) and Tech's run defense is #66 at 140 yds/game. Obviously, the best bet for Tech is to air it out and we need 100+ yards of production (runs and passes) out of Woods to have a chance to win this one.

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It was absolutely fitting that they were flagged for 12 men on the field. Stoops WAS right...playing at Kyle isn't worse than anywhere else that play! ;)

The Oklahoma game is definitely a scare game and I'm not sure if Tech can make it happen. Their defense is #13 in the country in pass defense (156.4 yds/game) and Tech's run defense is #66 at 140 yds/game. Obviously, the best bet for Tech is to air it out and we need 100+ yards of production (runs and passes) out of Woods to have a chance to win this one.

who knows.

TECH loses to colorado...i was ready for Leach to get rid of harrell then he goes off for like 1000 yards the last 2 games. if the O is clicking it could be shoot out with the sooners.

i think tech has to score 42 points to win :)

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
who knows.

TECH loses to colorado...i was ready for Leach to get rid of harrell then he goes off for like 1000 yards the last 2 games. if the O is clicking it could be shoot out with the sooners.

i think tech has to score 42 points to win :)

Yeah I forgot to add in the part that I don't think that BlowU can get into a shootout with anybody.

It was sad that so many people were ready to give up on Harrell. I don't like all of the fair weather mentality that many Tech fans have. There was an article in the DMN a few weeks back comparing Graham as a sophmore to Kingsbury...and there performance is almost identical. I don't think anybody would complain if Graham had a career like Kingsbury either.

Macarthur
11-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are right. It is 12,000 sq. feet on one of the new golf courses in Bryan. Big alum Don Adams made that happen. It is a mansion in every sense of the word. And I hope VACANT soon.

Don't see him leaving unless a BIG $$ alum steps up & buys him out. The only caveat might be if he gets blown out the next 3 games, including the bowl. I think he stays unfortunately.

Worst contract in the history of college athletics. He should kiss his agent/lawyer on the mouth for that deal. He has a noose around A&M's neck for better or worse. The rollover year to year kicks in early December too.

Man, can anyone explain what Byrne was thinking by extending his contract after the 04 season? That could come back to haunt Byrne because if some big alum does buyout Fran, don't think he won't let Byrne hear about it.

g$$
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I cannot explain it. Fran got extended & raised for 1 decent season, & a Cotton Bowl blow-out loss to Tennessee. Byrne said "we have to keep our coaches". How about we want to keep coaches who have proven they can win big games year in & year out?

Byrne has done some good things at A&M, but I agree he should be questioned on this deal altogether.

OU did it right. Stoops made around $250K his 1st contract, & they have raised him with the success since then. The difference was he earned it. Now he is well over $2 million. Way to go A&M. Fran is set for life & mediocrity is here.