PDA

View Full Version : Giddings

Gsquared
11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
What a game Friday, worth the drive!!!! The DQ in Giddings knows how to make a Snicker Butterfinger Blizzard too!

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Yes it was. Giddings is a lot better than I gave them credit for.

JakefootballGOD
11-05-2006, 08:38 PM
i have been saying all year that the buffaloes are gonna roll a long way, and there finally getting some credit here...that offensive is hard to stop, just ask wimberly, hutto, and everyone else on the schedule that has attempt and failed...and there will be pleanty of more!

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
i have been saying all year that the buffaloes are gonna roll a long way, and there finally getting some credit here...that offensive is hard to stop, just ask wimberly, hutto, and everyone else on the schedule that has attempt and failed...and there will be pleanty of more!
I thought they were a state semis-type of team, but not a legit threat to win it all. Their team speed is close to what Cuero's was last year and you guys have four backs that can run the ball.

BTW, are FB #15, TB #3, LB #9???, and DE #51/52??? going anywhere after HS?

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
who did they play against friday

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
who did they play against friday
A stout Bellville squad. Bellville's a top ten-caliber team for sure.

Gsquared
11-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Your right , I think Bellville is salty as well. Number 79 for Bellville is one heck of a player!

wimbo_pro
11-06-2006, 08:25 AM
There is no doubt Giddings is for real. They are definitely deserving of their ranking AND their record. However, I predict they will have trouble late in the play offs with their one dimensional attack. A late play off team will find a way to stop it...or at least slow it down greatly. However, if they DO win it all, it will be due to their excellent defense stopping the other team from scoring. Defenses win championships!

Gsquared
11-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
There is no doubt Giddings is for real. They are definitely deserving of their ranking AND their record. However, I predict they will have trouble late in the play offs with their one dimensional attack. A late play off team will find a way to stop it...or at least slow it down greatly. However, if they DO win it all, it will be due to their excellent defense stopping the other team from scoring. Defenses win championships!
I think Giddings has enough up front to pound it at ya all day. I dont think someone is going to be able to totally shut them down off and between the tackles. The defense is pretty good too, that kid playing the nose shade and the DE #9 are really really good. I think someone is really going to have to bring it to beat the Buffs.

wedo
11-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Has anyone seen both Wharton and Giddings play? How do they match up against each other?

Gsquared
11-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Another thing that hurt Bellville in this game is losing that Center. After that, it was tuff sledding up the gut.

duckbutter
11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Winner of Giddings and WOS will take state in Div 2. That will be one heck of a game.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2006, 09:20 AM
You could be right, DuckButter.

LHPfactory
11-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by duckbutter
Winner of Giddings and WOS will take state in Div 2. That will be one heck of a game.

Yeah they should just roll past LH in the quarters and then Cuero or Wimberly in the Semis......:rolleyes:

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 10:03 AM
and then Celina in the finals.

going through reg 3 is tough....but the reg 4 for champ will be darn good.

catman
11-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I think Giddings has enough up front to pound it at ya all day. I dont think someone is going to be able to totally shut them down off and between the tackles. The defense is pretty good too, that kid playing the nose shade and the DE #9 are really really good. I think someone is really going to have to bring it to beat the Buffs.

Gsquared,
Was nice to see you again at the game. Even though I left early, I didn't miss the end of the game because I was sitting off the hwy in my car. When I got back to the motel room after the game, the clerk told me that #9 was her nephew. She seemed suprised that we had taken notice of him.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
We lost out #1 running back vs 9-0 4a Barbers Hill, sure wish we had him back vs Giddings.

Gsquared
11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
We lost out #1 running back vs 9-0 4a Barbers Hill, sure wish we had him back vs Giddings.
Having the center for the whole second half and the back you are talking about coulda really helped. After that kid went out, Giddings started getting some penetration from the right guard and the MLB started cleaning up.

cats2151
11-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I would like to see giddings and celina meet up.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
That would be a great game...if Giddings gets that far, they sure would have earned it. There's a bunch of good teams they must beat to get there. Not so much the case with Celina.

EAGLETOWN
11-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Has anyone seen both Wharton and Giddings play? How do they match up against each other?

I have and I think Wharton would not even be in the game against Giddings unless they have made a big turn around since I watched them play Barbers Hill.

The Hill handed it to them and I thought Wharton was never even close.

My opinion of a Giddings/Wharton match up is I would take the Buffs big.

Like 42 to 21.

wedo
11-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
I have and I think Wharton would not even be in the game against Giddings unless they have made a big turn around since I watched them play Barbers Hill.

The Hill handed it to them and I thought Wharton was never even close.

My opinion of a Giddings/Wharton match up is I would take the Buffs big.

Like 42 to 21.

2 of the 3 loses they have were to 4a teams. Got beat by sweeny in over time! They have been playing pretty good has of late. But i haven't seen giddings play nor did i see wharton play barbers Hill

Gsquared
11-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by wedo
2 of the 3 loses they have were to 4a teams. Got beat by sweeny in over time! They have been playing pretty good has of late. But i haven't seen giddings play nor did i see wharton play barbers Hill
Ya neva know!

GUNHO
11-07-2006, 09:05 AM

I disagree.Just means the winner got by a huge hurdle to advance.Still a lot of good teams left.

Gsquared
11-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
I disagree.Just means the winner got by a huge hurdle to advance.Still a lot of good teams left.
By round three,theres usually not many pretenders left.

GreenMachine
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Winner of Giddings and WOS will take state in Div 2. That will be one heck of a game. Whoa, you are getting way ahead of yourself there duckbutter. There are plenty of teams that will make some noise including the #1 team in the state, CUERO! Maybe you have heard of us? :thinking:

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Whoa, you are getting way ahead of yourself there duckbutter. There are plenty of teams that will make some noise including the #1 team in the state, CUERO! Maybe you have heard of us? :thinking:
No, I haven't.

GreenMachine
11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
No, I haven't. Well crawl back under you rock.

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Well crawl back under you rock.
Why don't you tell me about them? What's so great about them?

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
This years D2 brackett will be loaded from top to bottom, especially in reg 3 & 4. There are still some good teams in reg. 1 & 2 also but not as many ranked teams. At least 14 of the best 20 3A teams in the state will be D2. The D1 playoffs won't very interesting at all until week four, with the exception of the first round game between Decatur and Abilene Wylie.

GreenMachine
11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Why don't you tell me about them? What's so great about them? For one, they are better than the Gobblers you watched destroy your Ingleside team last year! :eek:

sweetwater07
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
That would be a great game...if Giddings gets that far, they sure would have earned it. There's a bunch of good teams they must beat to get there. Not so much the case with Celina.

seems like Celina has about a cakewalk to region..not so far from Sweetwater's walk.....in case it comes..i like my crow with honey

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
seems like Celina has about a cakewalk to region..not so far from Sweetwater's walk.....in case it comes..i like my crow with honey

Celina will more than likely only have to beat Madison to make it out of thier region. Sweetwater just walk through reg. one relatively easily, ( that is if they take care of Breckenridge this weekend ). Hopefully this game will take place and be where I can go, so I can get a first hand look at this POWERHOUSE they call Celina.

I'll still put my money on Sweetwater.

sweetwater07
11-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Celina will more than likely only have to beat Madison to make it out of thier region. Sweetwater just walk through reg. one relatively easily, ( that is if they take care of Breckenridge this weekend ). Hopefully this game will take place and be where I can go, so I can get a first hand look at this POWERHOUSE they call Celina.

I'll still put my money on Sweetwater.

i would say our toughest competition will be Greenwood or Snyder to make it out of region..and i would also love to see Madison/ Celina...still not quite on the Celina bandwagon

big daddy russ
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
For one, they are better than the Gobblers you watched destroy your Ingleside team last year! :eek:
There's one.

GreenMachine
11-07-2006, 01:19 PM
There's one. Two, we have to be the most balanced offense in 3a (1803 rushing yds. and 1800 passing yds.). We can beat teams many ways.

StreetBobcat
11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i would say our toughest competition will be Greenwood or Snyder to make it out of region..and i would also love to see Madison/ Celina...still not quite on the Celina bandwagon

Just wondering... does the massey ratings make you, you know...
Nervous.

Gsquared
11-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by StreetBobcat
Just wondering... does the massey ratings make you, you know...
Nervous.
If your from Celina you outta have enough football sense to know you shouldnt worry about ratings etc...