5. Texas
6. Auburn
7. USC
8. Cal
9. ND
10. WV

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Florida struggles against Vandy and still at 4? Interesting.

Stownhorse
11-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Louisville
4. Florida
5. Texas
6. Auburn
7. USC
8. Cal
9. ND
10. WV

you beat me to it. The 4 and 5 spots are close. Im praying for Rutgers to beat Louisville!

Chris Hart
11-05-2006, 04:41 PM
If Rutgers can beat Louisville, I think Florida will still lose, Texas will play in the NC game against the Michigan/Ohio State winner. I don't think Rutgers will beat Louisville, but Texas will get in the NC game even if Louisville is undefeated. Money talks, and UT has it....

Stownhorse
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
If Rutgers can beat Louisville, I think Florida will still lose, Texas will play in the NC game against the Michigan/Ohio State winner. I don't think Rutgers will beat Louisville, but Texas will get in the NC game even if Louisville is undefeated. Money talks, and UT has it....

If OSU loses they will be the one loss team in the NC.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
If OSU loses they will be the one loss team in the NC. What if they get dominated?

Stownhorse
11-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What if they get dominated?

I would call it a bad game and would beat the livin piss out of Mich. in the NC.

Chris Hart
11-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
If OSU loses they will be the one loss team in the NC. OSU will beat Michigan. They wouldn't have if Manningham were healthy, but they will now...

VAMike
11-05-2006, 04:48 PM
There is way too much football left. UT has to get by A & M and then probably Nebraska again in the Big XII game. I see Louisville sneaking in as the other teams all have significant hurdles ahead.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
There is way too much football left. UT has to get by A & M and then probably Nebraska again in the Big XII game. I see Louisville sneaking in as the other teams all have significant hurdles ahead. If Texas plays Nebraska again in the Big XII championship the outcome would be a huge victory by Texas.

injuredinmelee
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Texas has one loss against the #1 team in the country and cant get any love from the BCS. The media hyped SEC, ACC, and Big East are JOKES!!! It will take a big ESPN push to get Texas ahead of FLA and Lousiville.

Chris Hart
11-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Texas has one loss against the #1 team in the country and cant get any love from the BCS. The media hyped SEC, ACC, and Big East are JOKES!!! It will take a big ESPN push to get Texas ahead of FLA and Lousiville. That's exactly what WILL happen...Watch and see...

Hansum Stranger
11-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What if they get dominated?

There is no reason at all that Texas should be ranked ahead of OSU if they both have 1 loss.

carter08
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but UT will not play for a National Championship

sahen
11-05-2006, 05:10 PM
i am pulling for rutgers to run the table and sneak in undefeated....now that would be funny...

3afan
11-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i am pulling for rutgers to run the table and sneak in undefeated....now that would be funny...

no way - too much ground to make up

wedo
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
no way - too much ground to make up

Even if Rutgers beats Louiville and WV they won't get in b/c they are to far behind already! It sure is looking good for Texas though!! Hopefully they can keep it up.

g$$
11-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Texas will play in Fiesta Bowl vs. maybe Notre Dame.

Ohio State/Michigan winner plays either Louisville or SEC winner in NC game. I say Ohio State vs. Louisville for NC.

Texas' strength of schedule (computers) is killing them. And the Big 12 being down does not help either. Lots of parity & mediocrity across the board.

wedo
11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas will play in Fiesta Bowl vs. maybe Notre Dame.

Ohio State/Michigan winner plays either Louisville or SEC winner in NC game. I say Ohio State vs. Louisville for NC.

Texas' strength of schedule (computers) is killing them. And the Big 12 being down does not help either. Lots of parity & mediocrity across the board.

The winner of the sec will have two loses IMO. Auburn and florida will have two and lsu will beat arkansas! That leaves Louiville if they run the table they will play tOSU/Michigan in the NC and get hammered.

Hansum Stranger
11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I thought they dropped the strength of schedule a couple of years ago.

Emerson1
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
I did to

Although I have no idea what is means, I know polls don't count MOV into the formula, but it seems to effect some of the non official polls bigtime.

g$$
11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Strength of schedule was dropped as a criterium by itself. It is still used in the 6 computer rankings. I do not know the weight it carries in each, but it is factored into those. Texas is losing points with the computers & doing well in the 2 polls.

Texas needed A&M to beat OU & Nebraska to help them in the T+1 game. That would have helped their SOS for the computers.

Margin of victory was eliminated altogether (but it may have some indirect bearing as you said on the polls).

g$$
11-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Also, the 2 polls are now the Harris & USA Today/Coaches, + the 6 computer rankings average. SOS is factored into the computer rankings. MOV is no longer included.

The AP dropped out of the BCS this year.

BCS is a mess IMO.

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-06-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Strength of schedule was dropped as a criterium by itself. It is still used in the 6 computer rankings. I do not know the weight it carries in each, but it is factored into those. Texas is losing points with the computers & doing well in the 2 polls.

Texas needed A&M to beat OU & Nebraska to help them in the T+1 game. That would have helped their SOS for the computers.

Margin of victory was eliminated altogether (but it may have some indirect bearing as you said on the polls). idk about MOV having anything to do with it or not...look at how tOSU did against Illini...17-10. they won by one touchdown and they now hold all the first place votes, outright. michigan didnt do as well as expected against ball st (a mac conference team) but is still in the no.2 position. MOV obviously cant have anything to do with it. last year USC held all but like 3 of the votes when they beat fresno st by a touchdown...granted reggie bush had the game of his life, but he HAD to have the game of his life for them to win. the only and i mean ONLY way MOV would have any bearing on the polls is how the human pollsters look at it. in the BCS it doesnt mean anything. how can MOV mean anything, if it doesnt have numbers to go off of? maybe there is artificial intelligence there...but if you think thats the case go back to watching re-runs of star trek and living in your parents basement. MOV has nothing to do with the BCS.

g$$
11-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
idk about MOV having anything to do with it or not...look at how tOSU did against Illini...17-10. they won by one touchdown and they now hold all the first place votes, outright. michigan didnt do as well as expected against ball st (a mac conference team) but is still in the no.2 position. MOV obviously cant have anything to do with it. last year USC held all but like 3 of the votes when they beat fresno st by a touchdown...granted reggie bush had the game of his life, but he HAD to have the game of his life for them to win. the only and i mean ONLY way MOV would have any bearing on the polls is how the human pollsters look at it. in the BCS it doesnt mean anything. how can MOV mean anything, if it doesnt have numbers to go off of? maybe there is artificial intelligence there...but if you think thats the case go back to watching re-runs of star trek and living in your parents basement. MOV has nothing to do with the BCS.

I think you are confused - the 2 major polls do affect the BCS along with the computers. Harris & USA Today/ Coaches Polls are the 2 used for the BCS (AP dropped out this year). Read below:

I clearly stated in 2 posts above that MARGIN OF ViCTORY (MOV) is NOT included any longer in the BCS. Was that diatribe intended for me or did you not read what I posted? Basement? Star Trek? Enlighten me...

posted by g$$:
"Margin of victory was eliminated altogether (but it may have some indirect bearing as you said on the polls).
SOS is factored into the computer rankings. MOV is no longer included."

Since the polls make up 2/3 of the BCS, sure the human element is involved. The other 1/3 is the computer averages. So 2 polls + 6 computers = BCS Rankings for D1-A college football.

The only way MOV could indirectly affect the rankings would be in the polls thru the human element & perception. Not as likely as before though, but could if ranked team A barely beats very weak unranked team B, etc. in the polls. It seems pretty much that winners hold their spots, esp. in conference play, but not always.

The BCS people are trying to narrow it down to the 2 polls & 6 computers from what I can tell. You don't get style points for blowouts either. And SOS is only factored into the computers, not a stand alone element anymore. Hope that helps.