bulldogman06
11-05-2006, 03:16 PM
what is going on with him??? 10/25 for 83 yards and 3 interceptions??? wow

Boosty_Hondo
11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
welcoming him to the big leagues

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Tennessee probably isn't running the ball well. With rookie QB's you gotta protect them with the run. No matter who the QB is.

bulldogman06
11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Well Henry has 45 yards, not great, but the time of possession is heavily in favor of Jacksonville. Running isnt the problem, I think Jacksonvilles total defense is

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
he also has a fumble

wooden bear
11-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Tennessee probably isn't running the ball well. With rookie QB's you gotta protect them with the run. No matter who the QB is.

Yeah thats it it cant be that he just played bad.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I never said he played good. I'm just saying the Titans probably didn't do well protecting him.

wooden bear
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Give me a break. He had a crappy game just admit it. Get off of em buddy.

bulldogman06
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Henry and White had 92 yards rushing total, not too bad against Jacksonville. VY got sacked only once, and threw for 3 picks, had one fumble and had one touchdown with 2:40 left in the game. He played horrible today, just wasnt his day

Old Tiger
I'm not "on em." I made a genaral statement about rookies QBs.

I never said he had a good game or a crappy game. He didn't play well obviously.

Stownhorse
Originally posted by wooden bear
Give me a break. He had a crappy game just admit it. Get off of em buddy.

He had a crappy game.

coach
11-05-2006, 04:39 PM
not an nfl qb...great college but not nfl

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by coach
not an nfl qb...great college but not nfl blah:p

NDFootball
11-05-2006, 04:43 PM

As much as I'd like to agree with you...he's going to be very good :mad:

I can't believe I'm saying that.

Chris Hart
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
not an nfl qb...great college but not nfl Sad, but true. I wanted to see him do well, but knew deep down he wasn't going to be a good NFL QB. Maybe he will improve some over time...

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
As much as I'd like to agree with you...he's going to be very good :mad:

I can't believe I'm saying that. Now was it that hard? :D Just kidding

g$$
11-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I have often said VY will be a GOOD but not GREAT NFL qb in time. He simply does not throw the ball well enough (accuracy, decision-making, reading defenses, etc.) against NFL athletes or schemes. And as he gets older, his running skills will only diminish too.

One of the best college qbs ever. NFL is totally different game.

wooden bear
11-05-2006, 06:10 PM
How do you know how well he is reading a defense? I seriously doubt you can sit there and tell me every coverage the defense is in every play so how in the world would you know if he is doing it right?

b_smith07
11-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Will you guys ever get off of VY's back? If you wanna start saying stuff, look at other QB's people have said were going to be awesome in the NFL such as Alex Smith of the 49ers or Cade McNown of the Bears a few years back - they suck!! Vince is just a rookie, give him time to get used to the speed of the game and get comfortable with his offense and i guarantee he'll make Mike Vick look like a little-leaguer. Oh by the way your criticism of his throwing style, etc. is exactly what people said about him in Austin and he dang sure proved those vince-haters wrong.... Im just tired of ppl saying he cant make it in the NFL b/c i know he will

g$$
11-05-2006, 06:20 PM
No, I am not in film study everyday with him, but I do understand coverages as much as the next guy out there. I certainly do NOT know it all. I try to learn something all the time. And I listen to what NFL scouts, personnel men, & former NFL qbs have to say. That is their job & they have been there way more than you & me. Then I form my own opinions based on what I see.

Have you seen him play this year? Have you seen his indecision? Have you seen his Wunderlich scores? Have you looked at his passing #s in the NFL? He has never played in a pro style offense & it shows. Time will tell on his future success, but I think he will be good but never great. I don't doubt his athleticism or leadership abilities. Proof is in the pudding.

I have my opinion & you have yours. I hope the guy does well. VY is from the state & seems like a decent human being. He is doing a lot for his family, high school, & Houston community right now. That is admirable on his part.

Plus, how many become GREAT anyway? How many are franchise QBs? I did not say he would flop miserably.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
You've always hated on Vince. I do not know what you have against him. But it gets real old.

wooden bear
11-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Ive never liked him I just get sick of when people say things like this qb or that qb doesnt know how to read coverages when they dont know whats going on themselves. Maybe you do but a lot of people dont.

Emerson1
11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Ive never liked him I just get sick of when people say things like this qb or that qb doesnt know how to read coverages when they dont know whats going on themselves. Maybe you do but a lot of people dont.
People hear the analysist on ESPN saying it, so they try to pass it off as if they know what they are talking about themselves.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
You can't read a NFL defense by the camera angles shown on TV

Emerson1
11-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm curious to know, with VY's "bad" release motion, how many passes has he had knocked down this year?

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 06:32 PM
That's a good question...:thinking:

g$$
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
People hear the analysist on ESPN saying it, so they try to pass it off as if they know what they are talking about themselves.

That is my opinion, not something off tv. Those guys stand on their own. And I agree, tv angles are not coaches films. The tight shot on tv is basically worthless. But I do know what I SEE WITH MY EYES. I have a right to my opinion too. I think he will be a good NFL qb, but not great. How many truly are?

I am not hating on VY & never have. I have said repeatedly good things about his college career. I am also not saying he will be the best thing since Peyton Maning either. Try being objective & making your own decisions. If I am wrong in due time, then I will be the 1st to say so. Will you?

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That is my opinion, not something off tv. Those guys stand on their own. And I agree, tv angles are not coaches films. The tight shot on tv is basically worthless. But I do know what I SEE WITH MY EYES. I have a right to my opinion too. I think he will be a good NFL qb, but not great. How many truly are?
If those shots are worthless then how can you make an opinion without having decent shots?

g$$
11-05-2006, 06:45 PM
His release is not picture perfect - but being 6'5" negates most of that anyway. I question his mid-range accuracy & ability to put the ball in tight spots against NFL athletes & schemes. Arm strength is not an issue either. Arm strength & accuracy are 2 entirely different things. Ask Jeff George & others.

Like I said, proof is in the pudding. I am not Nostradamus, just a guy giving his opinion. I have nothing against him personally. Prove me wrong VY.

g$$
11-05-2006, 06:50 PM
NFL Films has the coaches tape. I have seen some of their shows (NFL Network, etc.). They break it down with the x's & o's. But to me, the #s tell the whole story. Passing is not a strength right now for him. Look at his stats & the basic offense they have him running right now. Can that even be argued?

Like I said, prove it VY & that answer will only come in time. I hope he does well & proves people wrong, including me.

How many become great anyway? Is something wrong with simply being good at the highest level in the world?

pirate4state
11-05-2006, 06:53 PM
not an nfl qb...great college but not nfl haha last I check that's exactly what he is...an nfl qb. Whether or not he will be a "great" nfl qb is yet to be determined, but if you need to hate then go ahead.

Phil C
11-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Did Tennessee win?

g$$
11-05-2006, 06:54 PM
You've always hated on Vince. I do not know what you have against him. But it gets real old.

No, what gets old is you sucking up to all things burnt orange. Take the blinders off. Do I criticize A&M? You better believe it, if it is justified. Objectivity is refreshing, tunnel vision is not.

g$$
11-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Phil C:

Tennessee lost 37-7 to Jacksonville.

VY had a tough day:
15-36 passing for 163 yds.
1 TD & 3 Int (1 returned for score)

No doubt better days lie ahead, but it may be a long road w/ a bad team around him too. He's young & raw as an NFL qb.

Titans have 11 draft picks this year & are $41 million under salary cap. They should get better quickly.

Hard to judge a rookie qb on a bad team...still think he will be a solid pro in the NFL. He's set for life though. Greatness - how many truly are?

bulldogman06
11-06-2006, 02:28 AM
I believe VY will be great, not with the team he has now though. Oh, and I am an Aggie, and I said he wont be good, he will be great. he just needs time

g$$
11-06-2006, 02:40 AM
There it is - 2 Ags disagree on VY's career path! VY is too talented to not be good. The question to be answered in time is how good? Will he improve as a passer enough to lead a team to the promised land? Will the team around him be good enough too? Winning in the NFL is as much about the coaches & management team as it is the players (draft, salary cap, free agents, etc.). Ask Arizona - that team is full of 1st round studs & can't win. Houston is starting over under Kubiak, etc.

Time will tell. I truly hope he does. But, college success does not automatically equate to NFL success, & vice versa. Tom Brady was a back-up at Michigan & split time. Look at him now. Only time will tell & no one is anything without a good team/coaches around him too.

g$$
11-06-2006, 04:10 AM

Dan Marino had virtually NO running game with Miami & he went to the Super Bowl his 2nd year against Washington. Usually you are right though. Marino was flat special throwing the football, & Miami had the Killer B's defense too. Washington won that Super Bowl behind John Riggins & the Hogs under Joe Gibbs.