PDA

View Full Version : Elgin???

StrykerRtownDE99
09-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Has anyone played or even know anything about Elgin.....of what kind of team they have... and good game to Bellville and what happend to #11 the linebacker is he going to get to play??

cl23
09-11-2002, 10:06 PM
All I know is that Elgin is glad to be in 24-AAA rather than 18-AAA. Wen they made the playoffs in 18-AAA two years ago- they sure were scared of Gatesville. From what I've heard this year as with most years- they have speed. But I think if you play a physical game with them- knock around some of those speedsters- they have trouble reaching that next gear. Play physical...let 'em know you came to play...then their mindset will be gone..Good luck.

Fly Boy
09-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Doesn't that Playing Physical Thing go for any football team? I don't think coaches go out and tell thier kids not to play phyiscal. I will tell you one thing about Elgin the coaching staff will have them ready to take the field with anyone. Lock is a great coach & motivator, his kids will be ready to play & yes,they will play phyiscal.

Lombardi
09-12-2002, 10:14 AM
I saw Elgin play twice in 2000 and they were pretty physical themselves. I remember that they were very small up front. As for as being scared of Gatesville in 2000, a whole lot of people didn't have success against the state champs.
Originally posted by cl23:
All I know is that Elgin is glad to be in 24-AAA rather than 18-AAA. Wen they made the playoffs in 18-AAA two years ago- they sure were scared of Gatesville. From what I've heard this year as with most years- they have speed. But I think if you play a physical game with them- knock around some of those speedsters- they have trouble reaching that next gear. Play physical...let 'em know you came to play...then their mindset will be gone..Good luck.

cl23
09-12-2002, 12:08 PM
When I say physical football- I mean make sure the QB,RB, WR and other skill players take a hit every play. Stand them up at the line and have the LBs make another hit. I'm not talking dirty tackling, just hard nosed football and wearing down the other team. Next play they will be tiptoeing rather than running. Especially if they play defense as well (double team the great LB's and pancake them every play). You listen to the NFL games on Sunday and they count the number of knock downs, pressures, and sacks on the QB. In high school..I think these take a lot more out of the player (physically by using more energy and mentally about second guessing your line). And Lombardi- I heard it straight from the horses mouth that Elgin was scared.

2001GiddingsLB
09-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Elgin and playing physical just don't mix they have the talent and the want to but they don't have the size. Every team tries hard but when you only have one or two guys with decent size to make a hit it doesn't matter how hard you try if you can't make the other guy feel it it isn't playing physical. I played Elgin in 2000 and 2001 and they played really hard ball but they didn't have the big boys to really put a knocking on someone. So I think it will be the same as usual Elgin will play tough but not physical give em 1 or 2 more years though I think they have a good club coming up.