PDA

View Full Version : Question about the new chat?

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Am I the only one who can't get in it?

Am I the only one still running Windows 98 on my computer?

I am wondering it that's the problem.

I have 3 computers running 98, tried upgrading to XP on the one I knew met all the specs...but kept getting a fatal error message.

I cannot rationlize buying a new computer just so I can chat! (Well, I say that, I tried putting a laptop on layaway at WalMart today, but it was on clearance, so they wouldn't let me....I didnt have the cash to buy it, so I had to forget that little idea).:(

It just depresses me to see all my friends in there and I can't get in....I just turn the computer off and go find something else to do now!!:weeping: :weeping:

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
You're still in there in my heart:inlove:

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
You're still in there in my heart:inlove:

Well...that's sweet Casey....but it just doesn't quite "do it" for me!!

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
There are alternatives:p

Boosty_Hondo
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
it is most likely windows 98 because most online software does not work on 98 because its such and out of date operating system sorry kel

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Maybe trying to upate to XP with the CD's would work. If not, try reloading 98, THEN upgrading to XP

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 11:31 PM
The new chat bites. I have to use Mozilla to get in. I don't want to use mozilla.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 11:35 PM
RM...try Mozilla!

Emerson1
11-04-2006, 11:36 PM
What was wrong with the old one anyways?

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Maybe trying to upate to XP with the CD's would work. If not, try reloading 98, THEN upgrading to XP

I have an XP CD, when I try to load it I get an error message.

The chat is such a big part of my life (sad to say) and I almost feel like I am being punished because I can't afford to just go out and buy a new system to keep up.

It almost makes me not wanna be here (which I haven't much at all the past few days.....I can see who all is in the chat, and I feel so left out that I just sign off).

I know that sounds pathetic, but that is exactly how I feel!!:(

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What was wrong with the old one anyways?

Don't really know...almost everyone I have talked to likes the old one better!

Emerson1
11-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Atleast it was free.

Boosty_Hondo
11-04-2006, 11:45 PM
i like the new one better probably becaue i like more technological stuff

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 11:46 PM
RM...try using internet explorer to log on

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 11:53 PM
RM...try using internet explorer to log on

I have used the AOL browser, Internet Explorer and Mozilla!

pirate4state
11-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have used the AOL browser, Internet Explorer and Mozilla! Get on YIM!! :)

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Get on YIM!! :)

Yes Ma'am!!:D

wimbo_pro
11-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Ranger Mom...well, as a show of support, I will not go into chat until you can return. It's my way to protest this travesty of chat justice. It might not be much, but if we ALL did this, then when you get it fixed and went to chat, there wouldnt be anyone there. That'll show them!!!

Ranger Mom
11-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Ranger Mom...well, as a show of support, I will not go into chat until you can return. It's my way to protest this travesty of chat justice. It might not be much, but if we ALL did this, then when you get it fixed and went to chat, there wouldnt be anyone there. That'll show them!!!

That is very sweet gesture, but I don't want you to do that. It's not any of yalls fault that I'm in the stone age still!!:D

Yall just keep on....I will get back there someday!!

Administrator
11-05-2006, 12:53 AM
I am currently working w/ the Developers of the chatroom about the problems some are experiencing, they say a 'fix' should be out before 2AM Central Time that should solve the problems some are experiencing. I am unable to join the chat room either, so don't feel bad Kellye, lol ;)

I've read that it has been loading extremely slowly for a lot of folks? Is this still happening? Give me some details on how everyone's experience is going w/ the LOADING of the new chat room, NOT what you 'like/dislike' of it. The chat upgrade was done automatically by the company we use for the chat room, and there is no way to get back to the old version. I didn't even know it was done until I just now started reading all about it in an email update from Raidersoft I received a few days ago, that I just now read, lol.

EDIT: as a matter of fact, I just now tried to get in, and they must have already fixed it, so try again :)

TAMUGRAD
11-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I just got in but had to go through Mozilla.
Couldn't get there by logging in through internet explorer.

TAMUGRAD
11-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Yes, it must be fixed now. I got in through internet explorer this time.

Ranger Mom
11-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Administrator
I am currently working w/ the Developers of the chatroom about the problems some are experiencing, they say a 'fix' should be out before 2AM Central Time that should solve the problems some are experiencing. I am unable to join the chat room either, so don't feel bad Kellye, lol ;)

I've read that it has been loading extremely slowly for a lot of folks? Is this still happening? Give me some details on how everyone's experience is going w/ the LOADING of the new chat room, NOT what you 'like/dislike' of it. The chat upgrade was done automatically by the company we use for the chat room, and there is no way to get back to the old version. I didn't even know it was done until I just now started reading all about it in an email update from Raidersoft I received a few days ago, that I just now read, lol.

EDIT: as a matter of fact, I just now tried to get in, and they must have already fixed it, so try again :)

I still wasn't able to get in. It kept telling me to I had to "install a missing plugin"....when I would tell it to get it, it would download the latest java version and then I would be told the installation failed.

I finally found a page where you could get previous versions of java.

The latest is java 5, update 9....I downloaded java 5, update 6.

I still can't get in on the AOL browser or Internet Explorer.....but the chat loaded right up on Mozilla...which is fine with me because that is what I normally use anyway.

SO.....it all ended up good!!:D :D

luvhoops34
11-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm so glad for you RM!!! :D

Mean Green Fan
11-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I have Windows XP and I can get in the chat room but the chat room never loads...Its just a blank white screen.:eek:

pirate4state
11-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I still wasn't able to get in. It kept telling me to I had to "install a missing plugin"....when I would tell it to get it, it would download the latest java version and then I would be told the installation failed.

I finally found a page where you could get previous versions of java.

The latest is java 5, update 9....I downloaded java 5, update 6.

I still can't get in on the AOL browser or Internet Explorer.....but the chat loaded right up on Mozilla...which is fine with me because that is what I normally use anyway.

SO.....it all ended up good!!:D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Chat resumes as normal tonight! ;) :D

YAY!!!

carter08
11-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Or right now :D

wimbo_pro
11-05-2006, 12:41 PM
RM is in!!! She's in!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Mean Green Fan
I have Windows XP and I can get in the chat room but the chat room never loads...Its just a blank white screen.:eek:
Do you have Java?