PDA

View Full Version : Mathis cheerleader

CueroDad2006
11-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Can anyone update how that mathis cheerleader is doing today?
we are all praying for her.
If some have not hurd yet,there was a cheerleader from Mathis that fell face first and was airlifted during the game lastnight........Please give us an update if anyone out there has one

sotxrat
11-04-2006, 10:32 PM
We ate lunch in Mathis today and asked about her condition and no one had any news then. When I hear I will let everyone know.

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Channel 3 (ABC) said they would have update on her condition at 10PM news.

CueroDad2006
11-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Channel 3 (ABC) said they would have update on her condition at 10PM news.

thanks can you update us after the news?

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 11:03 PM
The news will be delayed until after the ou-TA7M game but will update if I'm not ill!!!!!

Boosty_Hondo
11-04-2006, 11:41 PM
she was released after an overnight stay at the hospital and she is suppose to be ok according to corpus news

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Channel 3 says she has been released from Driscoll Children's Hospital and should be okay. That's good news. Not sure what happended but they should look at those stunts where they are thrown into the air or can possibly fall far enough to really hurt themselves.

CueroDad2006
11-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Lets just say there was someone there for her.....We need to all say thanks.......

lepfan
11-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Channel 3 says she has been released from Driscoll Children's Hospital and should be okay. That's good news. Not sure what happended but they should look at those stunts where they are thrown into the air or can possibly fall far enough to really hurt themselves. I disagree with you. The stunts are part of the cheerleading. Would you want them to say tackling and blocking are too dangerous in football so we are going to play flag football only????? I don't think so. If you take away the stunts you take the heart of cheerleading for most. DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion only, it is not intended to offend or pi$$ anyone off....

I am glad to hear she is ok!!!! :)

TAMUGRAD
11-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Glad to hear she is going to be okay.
As the mother of a cheerleader I am also concerned about the stunts that they do.
We had a freshman cheerleader fall from a stunt two weeks ago.
She was taken for x-rays just as a precaution. She fell and hit the back of her head. Goose egg and a whip lash effect to the neck, but she is also okay.
My opinion is that these girls are performing stunts without proper training or coaching.
If schools are going to allow them to do the stunts then they need coaches and sponsors who know what they are doing and how to teach the stunt safely.

lepfan
11-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD

My opinion is that these girls are performing stunts without proper training or coaching.
If schools are going to allow them to do the stunts then they need coaches and sponsors who know what they are doing and how to teach the stunt safely. You hit the nail on the head with that comment!!!! :)