wooden bear
11-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Aggie Jon Score on 60 yard td run

kaorder1999
11-04-2006, 08:31 PM
big holding penalty on Aggies

gobbler grad
11-04-2006, 08:36 PM
that hurt them...really needed to tie it up on that series...defense needs to step it up now...:thinking:

kaorder1999
11-04-2006, 08:36 PM
7-3 Sooners

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 08:39 PM
A&M is having trouble with this Oklahoma run game

wooden bear
11-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
A&M is having trouble with this Oklahoma run game

Yeah id say so

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Touchdown Paul Thompson

Being reviewed

kaorder1999
11-04-2006, 09:21 PM
had company....sorry for no reports

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Aggie linebackers looking bad!!!!

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 10:40 PM
2 turn-overs and nothing to show for it but 2 punts after the offense goes backwards for 3 plays. That's piss poor.

lepfan
11-04-2006, 10:41 PM
But, I like it ;) :)

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 10:49 PM
shhhhhhhhh!!! We don't want the opinion of an KANSAN! lol :p

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Unbelieveable!!!!!

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 11:01 PM
This game is turning into a good'n

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Entertaining yes - good no. Not particularly well played by EITHER team (just my opinion!).

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 11:23 PM
That's ball game

The "12th Man" hurt the aggies :D

lepfan
11-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Their 12th man got 'em in trouble....PUN intended!!! :D

wooden bear
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Entertaining yes - good no. Not particularly well played by EITHER team (just my opinion!).

How do you figure that?

lepfan
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
shhhhhhhhh!!! We don't want the opinion of an KANSAN! lol :p LOL It looks as though I might get to be leaving Kansas SOON!!!!! Not to Texas, but close!

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I'll start the second guessing. What was Fran thinking on that 3rd down and goal running the pass play? Javorskie should have had 2 shots at the end zone. OK everyone, the first shot has been fired so fire at will.

OnceABucJr
11-04-2006, 11:26 PM
So you think it was played well?

strosfan
11-04-2006, 11:27 PM
OU still got the first down even if there wouldn't have been the 12 men on the field penalty. Very good game though hopefully A&M still can go to a bowl game.

JR2004
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Nothing like watching a couple of average teams duke it out for 3rd place in the conference. I'll give Stoops credit though. He's got guts going for it in that spot.

Chris Hart
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I'll start the second guessing. What was Fran thinking on that 3rd down and goal running the pass play? Javorskie should have had 2 shots at the end zone. OK everyone, the first shot has been fired so fire at will. That lost the game for them IMO. I agree you have to give it to Javorskie twice if need be and you score 7 and tie it up. Then, to top it off, Fran goes for another FG on the next posession when he should have went for it on fourth down. The reality of not having any receivers to get seperation by the Aggies really showed today and probably will against Nebraska and UT as well. The Aggie defense played well enough to win, but coaching got them...

eagles_victory
11-05-2006, 12:42 AM
it was a good contest a hard faught contest by two teams....

yoemenkracker30
11-05-2006, 01:14 AM
I'll start the second guessing. What was Fran thinking on that 3rd down and goal running the pass play? Javorskie should have had 2 shots at the end zone. OK everyone, the first shot has been fired so fire at will.

what was fran thinking even throwing the ball from the 3rd quarter on? mcgee couldnt find an open guy to save his life, every pass play was just mcgee drop back, get out of the pocket and throw the ball away. find some kind of the run game and stay with it.

bulldogman06
11-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Nothing like watching a couple of average teams duke it out for 3rd place in the conference. I'll give Stoops credit though. He's got guts going for it in that spot.

PLEASE GOD LET US WIN OUT AFTER THIS! that way I can throw this in your face....:D haha

g$$
11-05-2006, 02:47 AM
My feelings on Fran are well-known, & tonight did not help anything. How in the world can you not run the best short yardage back in the country on the goal line twice at home with a chance to tie the game? Or bootleg off that since they would stack the middle for Lane? The worst case scenario has OU backed up on the goal line with 6+ minutes to go & over 85K fans making life very hard for you (if fail to score). A&M threw for barely 60 yds. on the night & they went play action on 3rd down. To me it was 4 down territory. Play to win Fran. Stoops sure did & he left with a W after all the stuff that has gone wrong for OU this year. Fran played scared & Stoops played to win, period.

Lane had 13 carries (62 yds.) for the game, & Goodson 10 (127 yds.). Huh? I saddle the big boy up & ride him. Goodson needs more touches too. I am all for balance, but not for the sake of ignoring your strengths. I agree the receivers have trouble getting separation, but Martellus Bennett is way under utilized. He is a player & should be more of a focus offensively.

McGee had a tough game (route progression?), the A&M defense made some good adjustments, Fran's play-calling stunk, forced 2 turnovers & got nothing, the crowd & atmosphere were great, etc.; yet A&M proved they are close yet so far from being able to beat the elite teams in the country. Game was a microcosm of the program to me. A&M should be better & the fans/alumni should demand more.

Fran's record vs. Texas, OU, Tech, & Nebraska = 1-12 overall. He could easily be 1-14 by the end of the month. That is unacceptable & he needs to go. Don't think it will happen though because it will take about $10 million.

Don't be fooled by the 8-2 record; it could easily be 5-5 or 4-6 or 6-4. I know, that's football, yada yada yada. Fran & staff are not big game coaches & I don't think ever will be the answer. Disappointing to say the least for this Aggie grad, but not unexpected.

bulldogman06
11-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I agree, I can see taking one of those field goals, but two in a row, and one with 3:28 left to be down only one? I have no clue what he was thinking.... Gotta give our D props in the second half though, they played great.

g$$
11-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Playing scared that's what. Welcome to Fran's world. That was 4 down territory with a chance to gain momentum at home with 6 minutes to go & then try to win the game. Poor coaching IMO & used his timeouts to do it too.

Fran needs to go, but unfortunately we are stuck with him unless someone has $10 million to buy him out.

Macarthur
11-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by g$$
My feelings on Fran are well-known, & tonight did not help anything. How in the world can you not run the best short yardage back in the country on the goal line twice at home with a chance to tie the game? Or bootleg off that since they would stack the middle for Lane? The worst case scenario has OU backed up on the goal line with 6+ minutes to go & over 85K fans making life very hard for you (if fail to score). A&M threw for barely 60 yds. on the night & they went play action on 3rd down. To me it was 4 down territory. Play to win Fran. Stoops sure did & he left with a W after all the stuff that has gone wrong for OU this year. Fran played scared & Stoops played to win, period.

Lane had 13 carries (62 yds.) for the game, & Goodson 10 (127 yds.). Huh? I saddle the big boy up & ride him. Goodson needs more touches too. I am all for balance, but not for the sake of ignoring your strengths. I agree the receivers have trouble getting separation, but Martellus Bennett is way under utilized. He is a player & should be more of a focus offensively.

McGee had a tough game (route progression?), the A&M defense made some good adjustments, Fran's play-calling stunk, forced 2 turnovers & got nothing, the crowd & atmosphere were great, etc.; yet A&M proved they are close yet so far from being able to beat the elite teams in the country. Game was a microcosm of the program to me. A&M should be better & the fans/alumni should demand more.

Fran's record vs. Texas, OU, Tech, & Nebraska = 1-12 overall. He could easily be 1-14 by the end of the month. That is unacceptable & he needs to go. Don't think it will happen though because it will take about $10 million.

Don't be fooled by the 8-2 record; it could easily be 5-5 or 4-6 or 6-4. I know, that's football, yada yada yada. Fran & staff are not big game coaches & I don't think ever will be the answer. Disappointing to say the least for this Aggie grad, but not unexpected.

i've been a fran fan for some time, but i can't argue with anything you say. very disappointing loss.

tech and ou are the weakest they have been in years and both were home losses. :(

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I don't have a problem going for two FGs. I think that was a good call. But I do have a problem with the play call on 3rd and 2, putting them in a position to HAVE to go for one of those FGs.

Just Watching
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
We OU folks were, of course, pleased to see the field goal team trot out. We were thinking the big boy would get two shots. Even if he didn't get in, OU would have been backed up inside the 2, probably, and would be forced to punt against the wind.
On the other side, Allen Patrick has stepped it up a lot. He hits the holes quicker than AD,a nd the line doesn't have to maintain blocks as long.
I don't believe these are two mediocre teams as someone posted earlier. We'll know more about that by the end of the season.
Love going to Kyle Field. It was a beautiful night, the stadium and atmosphere were awesome.

whtfbplaya
11-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$

About as nice as it could be said.:foul:

g$$
11-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't have a problem going for two FGs. I think that was a good call. But I do have a problem with the play call on 3rd and 2, putting them in a position to HAVE to go for one of those FGs.

The 2nd FG was a no-brainer, but I have a big problem with the 1st FG in the 4th quarter. And the 3rd & 2 call was brutal. I said my thoughts above, but Fran is not the answer. Surely it is clearly evident now.

Think like a recruit for a minute: watch how Fran coached, & watch how Stoops coached in the game. Who would you want to play for & who gives you the best chance for success? I think we all know that answer.