PDA

View Full Version : I know I sound like a broken record....

Ranger Mom
07-27-2003, 03:55 PM
but, are the Region I Pre-Season rankings going to be up before the season starts??

Chief Woodman
07-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Greenwood is #1 until dethroned. I hope Decatur gets the chance. Will mean we both made it to the region finals. Good luck

wildstangs
07-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Chief Woodman:
Greenwood is #1 until dethroned. I hope Decatur gets the chance. Will mean we both made it to the region finals. Good luckWhy is Greenwood number one, why not Everman?

lobo12
07-27-2003, 09:07 PM
im with wildstangs. why not everman. they have won state twice and until they are dethroned

sinton66
07-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Greenwood would be Div2, Everman Div1.

Ranger Mom
07-27-2003, 09:22 PM
I really don't even care about that. I just like to see who is where, and who (if there is one) is the dark horse, etc.

I have never really paid those close attention to the other Region Pages, but bearcat always seemed to have good write ups on the different teams.

Chief Woodman
07-27-2003, 10:35 PM
My bad!...was thinking DIV II only. Thanks Sinton!

audasmom7
07-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Everyone always ass---umes we are talking wink D1... nope nope

rholl
07-28-2003, 10:39 AM
rankings up!

Ranger Mom
07-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Thank you!!!

It looks like the 1-3A through 4-3A region pages have also been updated!!

Chief Woodman
07-28-2003, 11:45 AM
whoever wrote that preview of Region 1 is in MHO a bit off of his talent estimate. Decatur a flash in the pan? The same logic you used to say one of the higher ranked teams would stay good- all skill O positons returning....applies even more to Decatur...Dane/McKinney/Louge/Christian/Spence. The coaches in our district and the coaches of Greenwood and Sweetwater will Tell ya if ya ask that while they are not scared of us....they each know Decatur is a handfull for anyone of them. Decatur rode the backs of a very good young QB (Dane, jr this year) and a JR Running back (McKinney, SR this year), ....with playoff experience and with an improved recieving corp. You will see.........

sinton66
07-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Remember Chief, this is just one opinion. The writer has a right to his own opinion , right or wrong.

Jacket2000
07-28-2003, 01:15 PM
Chief Woodman:
whoever wrote that preview of Region 1 is in MHO a bit off of his talent estimate. Decatur a flash in the pan? The same logic you used to say one of the higher ranked teams would stay good- all skill O positons returning....applies even more to Decatur...Dane/McKinney/Louge/Christian/Spence. The coaches in our district and the coaches of Greenwood and Sweetwater will Tell ya if ya ask that while they are not scared of us....they each know Decatur is a handfull for anyone of them. Decatur rode the backs of a very good young QB (Dane, jr this year) and a JR Running back (McKinney, SR this year), ....with playoff experience and with an improved recieving corp. You will see.........Isn't that the same thing that people said about Bridgeport last season?
J2K

slpybear the bullfan
07-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, people said some of the same things about Bridgeport. We here in Bull country tended to think the offense could work wonders... and overlooked a defense that lost waaayy too many players. And football DOES require a great offense to win games and a great defense to win championships.

Don't overlook Decatur this year. They a hot offense returning and their defense is not shabby.

And this is coming out of a Die Hard Bull's mouth. UGhh.