20. Crockett (6-3)
21. Silsbee (7-2)
22. Snyder (6-3)
23. Midland Greenwood (8-1)
24. Diboll (7-2)
25. Brownsboro (7-2)

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Uh oh, Sweeny at 16 would ya looky there...

Ingleside at 11?

Hondo at 9?

Wimberly at 6?

Cuero at 2?

The top 11 have 4 Region 4 teams... that is showing your love for Region 4 teams and I think you need to stop...

this poll is crap...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2006, 03:07 PM
No love for PI they beat a good Rio Hondo team. Did anybody see Fox scoreboard show? The Rio hondo rb on a run jumps over the PI defender who was in position to make the tackle and grasp nothing but air as he goes over him and just keeps on running for a TD.

Adidas410s
11-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Uh oh, Sweeny at 16 would ya looky there...

Ingleside at 11?

Hondo at 9?

Wimberly at 6?

Cuero at 2?

The top 11 have 4 Region 4 teams... that is showing your love for Region 4 teams and I think you need to stop...

this poll is crap...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 06:22 PM
There are really only 2 teams from Region 4 that should be in the top 20.

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 06:23 PM
We all know if it wasn't for Region III teams beating up on each other then there would be more highly ranked teams from the Region.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 06:25 PM
True Tiger...Region 3 is incredibly packed with talent.

GOFOR2
11-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
There are really only 2 teams from Region 4 that should be in the top 20. wow

Boosty_Hondo
11-04-2006, 08:54 PM

lol let me guess u think wimberly an cuero?? not surprising no love for hondo thanks for the love matt

footballgal
11-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
No love for PI they beat a good Rio Hondo team. Did anybody see Fox scoreboard show? The Rio hondo rb on a run jumps over the PI defender who was in position to make the tackle and grasp nothing but air as he goes over him and just keeps on running for a TD.

I saw that it was great, but it was a 5A team, not RH & PI. They just showed the scoreboard with our score and said a few words about the Tarpons and then they showed this clip. I think that's why it appeared to be them, plus the other teams were wearing the same colors as our teams. However are 6'2 DE, RJ Villarreal, did hurdle a Zapata OL, in pursuit of the QB. It looked awesome too. :D

bandera7
11-04-2006, 10:16 PM

Are you kidding me Wimbo? Cuero, Wimberley, Hondo, and Ingleside all deserve their ranking...Region 4 will produce the state champ again this year.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Boosty, dont get me wrong, I have lots of respect for Hondo and what they have accomplished over the years. Hondo is one of the very few Hill Country teams to be on the top 25 all-time winning % teams in Texas. I respect that...however...

Looking at this year, and looking at the data in front of me (obviously I can't watch many games other than our own), its safe for me to say Region IV is weak as compared to Region III. Looking into just R4, Hondo has had a much weaker-than-average schedule as compared to others in the top 20...MUCH weaker according to Massey. This is what I base my comment on, nothing to do with disrespect.

wimbo_pro
11-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Bandera...I agree with you about R4 having a great shot at producing a State Champ this year, but where did you come up with Ingleside in that list??? WOW...talk about a longshot!

Gobbla2001
11-05-2006, 11:35 AM

Looking at this year, and looking at the data in front of me (obviously I can't watch many games other than our own), its safe for me to say Region IV is weak as compared to Region III. Looking into just R4, Hondo has had a much weaker-than-average schedule as compared to others in the top 20...MUCH weaker according to Massey. This is what I base my comment on, nothing to do with disrespect.

I'd say Region IV is weak this year... but hell, a lot of teams have won or gotten to state playing not-so-tough schedules...

Region IV has been considered weak for a while, yet the lats 9 or so years have produced more state-finalists than Region 3, considered by most of us as the toughest Region...

Most people's reasons why are that the Region 3 teams are so beat up from playing their tough schedules that when they play a Region IV team in the semi's, the Region IV team wins because they're healthy etc...

Yet before those semi-final games the talk is that the Region 3 team will win because they are more battle tested...

I don't know what to believe anymore

:confused:

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Everything's cyclical. The past two years have been boon years for R3, and it seems like everyone's comparing R4 to R3 right now.

As it stands, R3 is twice as good, top to bottom, as any region out there. I think the cream of R4 could compete with the cream of R3, but the dropoff in R4 comes a lot quicker than it does in R3.

On that note, the dropoff after about the top 12 teams is pretty noticeable. There's absolutely no reason Ingleside shouldn't be top 25.

westtxfballfan
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Monahans is easily one of the 25 best 3A teams in the state.

bandera7
11-05-2006, 01:03 PM
I agree, Ingleside should be in the top 25. And the drop-off does come sooner to R4. But, Cuero, Wimberley, Hondo, they can compete with any team anywhere. Its just the teams that are ranked, they do deserve that ranking.

Uncle Buck
11-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Region 3..........Wharton or Needville could be staying at Home this Year.

Region 4..........Palacios with two District Wins could be in the playoffs.

You tell me how that Figures.

Gobbla2001
11-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Buck
Region 3..........Wharton or Needville could be staying at Home this Year.

Region 4..........Palacios with two District Wins could be in the playoffs.

You tell me how that Figures.

I think we already know what that figures... if you would have read, we all pretty much agree that Region 4 is weak this year...

And Wharton would be staying at home because they got all thuggy against Sweeny and blew it from what I hear...

sweetwater07
11-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Are you kidding me Wimbo? Cuero, Wimberley, Hondo, and Ingleside all deserve their ranking...Region 4 will produce the state champ again this year.

whatever you say...region 3 or region 1:D :D

sweetwater07
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan

negative there ghost rider

Stownhorse
11-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
negative there ghost rider

I second the "negative there ghost rider"

sweetwater07
11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I second the "negative there ghost rider"

monahans isn't anywhere near the top 25 in 3A.....they lost to a sorry graham..hahahahaha

Texasfootball2
11-06-2006, 01:15 PM

Are you Kidding me! maybe the top 40.

The only that thing that is an absolute given is that Region 1 vs. Region 2 in the semi's and Region 3 vs. Region 4 in the other semi's and winners play for the title. So to say that region 4 will produce another champion this year is not to far fetched. A region 4 team will only have a two game winning streak in order to produce that champion and they'll have two chances at that, D1 and D2.

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Three straight wins. Sinton should be top 25.:inlove:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Three straight wins. Sinton should be top 25.:inlove:

Shouldn't you be at work?

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Shouldn't you be at work?
I have Mondays off.

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2006, 04:05 PM
What's Wylie doing ranked ahead of Sweetwater???

Oh wait!!! nevermind.:doh:

:( :( :(

Stownhorse
11-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What's Wylie doing ranked ahead of Sweetwater???

Oh wait!!! nevermind.:doh:

:( :( :(

ahhhhh hahahaha

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 07:45 PM
If Region III teams didn't beat each other up during the playoffs then they would produce more state champions. It's just so darn competitive.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
If Region III teams didn't beat each other up during the playoffs then they would produce more state champions. It's just so darn competitive.

if cowboys would had block, the FG would had been good

loboes86
11-06-2006, 08:50 PM
monahans isn't anywhere near the top 25 in 3A.....they lost to a sorry graham..hahahahaha Yeah if I'm not mistaken Snyder lost to us.

wimbo_pro
11-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Are you Kidding me! maybe the top 40.

The only that thing that is an absolute given is that Region 1 vs. Region 2 in the semi's and Region 3 vs. Region 4 in the other semi's and winners play for the title. So to say that region 4 will produce another champion this year is not to far fetched. A region 4 team will only have a two game winning streak in order to produce that champion and they'll have two chances at that, D1 and D2.

I dont understand the region 4 "two game winning streak" comment....unless you mean the 3 best teams in D2 (Cuero, Wimberley and Hondo) dont play anyone until the State Semi Finals. As it looks now, week 3 will probably see Cuero vs. Wimberley. Week 4 will probably see winner of this game vs. Hondo, then Week 5 will see the Region 3 champ. Then of course, Week 6 and the Finals. So, it would really be a FOUR game winning streak, right?

bandera7
11-06-2006, 10:17 PM
those two games, the Wimberley-Cuero and then winner vs. Hondo will be some great games to be at. I know they will be close, however, I see Cuero taking both. Nothing against Wimberley or Hondo, both great teams, but Cuero just has so much speed...Wimberley is fast as a team as well, but Cuero...you cant explain it.

Stownhorse
11-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Yeah if I'm not mistaken Snyder lost to us.

If im not mistaken that was a close game.

sweetwater07
11-06-2006, 11:12 PM

who cares..Snyder is sorry:D

DaHop72
11-06-2006, 11:14 PM
who cares..Snyder is sorry:D We shall see, we shall see.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

westtxfballfan
11-06-2006, 11:50 PM
If im not mistaken that was a close game.

It was close, but no fluke. Monahans outgained Snyder about 2 to 1 and moved up and down the field much easier than the Tigers (without their starting RB Roberson no less), yet the Tigers are ranked with three losses. Monahans has one bad game and they don't get ranked? Monahans also outscrimmaged Abilene Wylie 3-1. (You've heard of them, right?) I understand Snyder and Wylie have improved since then, but so are the Loboes. All I said was they're one of the 25 best. I'm not saying they are top 10 or even top 15 material, but Monahans should fit into this poll around 18 to 22 IMO. No biggie, though. No BCS in high school, so all of our opinions and polls mean jack; that's what the playoffs are for.

sweetwater07
11-07-2006, 12:19 AM
It was close, but no fluke. Monahans outgained Snyder about 2 to 1 and moved up and down the field much easier than the Tigers (without their starting RB Roberson no less), yet the Tigers are ranked with three losses. Monahans has one bad game and they don't get ranked? Monahans also outscrimmaged Abilene Wylie 3-1. (You've heard of them, right?) I understand Snyder and Wylie have improved since then, but so are the Loboes. All I said was they're one of the 25 best. I'm not saying they are top 10 or even top 15 material, but Monahans should fit into this poll around 18 to 22 IMO. No biggie, though. No BCS in high school, so all of our opinions and polls mean jack; that's what the playoffs are for.

the only poll that matters is the one in Dec. i concur..but Monahans plays a sorry far west Texas schedule...i wouldn't expect any argument that far far west Texas harbors zero competition....same goes for hondo and rio hondo..they look good on paper but they are racking up stats against teams that are the caliber of normal j.v. teams..i'll give you decent credit but don't ask for top 25.thats a little over the line......but then again..im the infamous 07' that "terribly" represents Sweetwater...so my opinion is about of the same importance of a dog passing a peach pit....

DaHop72
11-07-2006, 12:21 AM
but then again..im the infamous 07' that "terribly" represents Sweetwater...so my opinion is about of the same importance of a dog passing a peach pit.... :thumbsup: So the story goes.:devil:

Stownhorse
11-07-2006, 12:23 AM

It looked like graham drove up and down the field on yall.....I didnt see the Monahans that I had heard about that night..

sweetwater07
11-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thumbsup: So the story goes.:devil:

thanks Dahop...figured you would be liying in wait...like that of a person with no life to jump on a teenager and try to bring him down......so now that you got it out..feel better??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

westtxfballfan
11-07-2006, 12:34 AM
It looked like graham drove up and down the field on yall.....I didnt see the Monahans that I had heard about that night..

I agree. If that's the only game you've seen, then I can understand your view. But everyone has a bad night. Here's what the Odessa paper and the coach said after that game:

In their first four games the Monahans Loboes have come out flat and unemotional.
Last week was no different except in the final score when Monahans had its dream of an undefeated regular season end 14-7 at the hands of the Graham Steers.
“I think we got caught up in the thinking that the wins will just happen,” Loboes head coach Mickey Owens said. “The last couple of weeks we got the big play to jumpstart us and we didn’t get that this time.
“We just didn’t have a lot of emotion.”

They played flat, and solid team will beat you if you don't come to play. As for a weak schedule, Monahans scrimmaged Greenwood and Wylie, then played Snyder, Midland Christian, Andrews and Graham. Beyond that we can't control the district we play in.

Texasfootball2
11-07-2006, 11:02 AM
I dont understand the region 4 "two game winning streak" comment....unless you mean the 3 best teams in D2 (Cuero, Wimberley and Hondo) dont play anyone until the State Semi Finals. As it looks now, week 3 will probably see Cuero vs. Wimberley. Week 4 will probably see winner of this game vs. Hondo, then Week 5 will see the Region 3 champ. Then of course, Week 6 and the Finals. So, it would really be a FOUR game winning streak, right?

Wimbo-pro, I wasn't in anyway busting on region 4. Personally I agree that it will be the toughest region to win. I was commenting on the statement made that "region 4 will produce another champion," and that who ever wins region 4 will only have to play "2" games outside thier region to win the title, along with everyone else. If you want to get technical about it, who ever wins the D2 championship will have to have a 6 game winning streak.

DaHop72
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
thanks Dahop...figured you would be liying in wait...like that of a person with no life to jump on a teenager and try to bring him down......so now that you got it out..feel better??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Your words not mine, just being agreeable.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mrescape43
11-07-2006, 07:50 PM

I can't wait for the rematch in round 2. Results will be very different.

mrescape43
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM

If not for the missed call on apparent touchdown for Snyder the game would have ended much differently. I have talked to many players on team who have watched film and all have told me that it was a touchdown and officials missed it.

It was a fluke as about 1/2 of defensive starters have been replaced since that terrible game. Rematch in round 2 will be much different.

Butkus
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I can't wait for the rematch in round 2. Results will be very different. Careful what cha ask fur.:devil:

loboes86
11-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I can't wait for the rematch in round 2. Results will be very different. Your right results could very well be different this time and if they are we'll be here to congradulate you folks how about you guys? And by the way you guys keep bringing up about or weak district ,who in ya'lls district with the exception of Greenwood is such a power house ? Andrews? Lamesa? Snyders district is almost as weak as ours we just have three more teams in ours. In my humble opinion.:)

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Your right results could very well be different this time and if they are we'll be here to congradulate you folks how about you guys? And by the way you guys keep bringing up about or weak district ,who in ya'lls district with the exception of Greenwood is such a power house ? Andrews? Lamesa? Snyders district is almost as weak as ours we just have three more teams in ours. In my humble opinion.:)

No need to get defensive. I'm pretty sure that no one from Snyder said anything about your district.

loboes86
11-07-2006, 11:28 PM
the only poll that matters is the one in Dec. i concur..but Monahans plays a sorry far west Texas schedule...i wouldn't expect any argument that far far west Texas harbors zero competition....same goes for hondo and rio hondo..they look good on paper but they are racking up stats against teams that are the caliber of normal j.v. teams..i'll give you decent credit but don't ask for top 25.thats a little over the line......but then again..im the infamous 07' that "terribly" represents Sweetwater...so my opinion is about of the same importance of a dog passing a peach pit.... Your correct no one from Snyder said anything about our sorry west Texas schedule yet. I realy wasn't being defensive just making a observation.

Black_Magic
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Careful what cha ask fur.:devil: or Pray for;) ant that right Butkus. Who would Pray for a Rematch?;) Some crazy fella I guess.:D or someone who want to set things straight again.

mustang04
11-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
or Pray for;) ant that right Butkus. Who would Pray for a Rematch?;) Some crazy fella I guess.:D or someone who want to set things straight again.

i want a rematch with that midget that i let beat me up the other day....i woulda felt bad killing him, but now he has a HUUUGE head...shoulda punted him when i had the chance

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 09:59 PM
thanks Dahop...figured you would be liying in wait...like that of a person with no life to jump on a teenager and try to bring him down......so now that you got it out..feel better??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You're kidding right? Since you are full of *ack ack * wisdom can you tell me where this little "peach" came from?

the only poll that matters is the one in Dec.
lol
There are NO POLLS in December you fool! Yes, I know what you meant but how cliche can you get without actually taking that peach and shoving it where the sun don't shine?:hand: :eek:
Are you a teenager? Really? We never would have known that unless you keep telling us how you love the taste of your own "baby-powdered" insoles.:doh:

sweetwater07
11-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You're kidding right? Since you are full of *ack ack * wisdom can you tell me where this little "peach" came from?

lol
There are NO POLLS in December you fool! Yes, I know what you meant but how cliche can you get without actually taking that peach and shoving it where the sun don't shine?:hand: :eek:
Are you a teenager? Really? We never would have known that unless you keep telling us how you love the taste of your own "baby-powdered" insoles.:doh:

ouch man..take it easy..i meant the final poll after state has been played and Dahop and me are cool..throwing crap back at him like he throws it at me.....

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 10:36 PM
ouch man..take it easy..i meant the final poll after state has been played and Dahop and me are cool..throwing crap back at him like he throws it at me.....
Look, all those cliches give me cliche-fever.
lol when has Dahop thrown "crap" at you?
He's good as gold in his opinion and never uses cliche(I hate that French word) when he can avoid it.

TacklingDummy
11-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Come on guys, the playoffs are the playoffs and anyone can win any given night. Sure, no one knows about some teams, for example Graham, who struggled early in the season with adversity that would kill other teams to go to an 0-10 season but are now going to play for a district championship against Burk because of the pure heart and love of the game. But just watch out for Graham to cause plenty of football players to cry when they look past playing the Steers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Harris poll has Bellville at #9 two up from last week, after a loss.

WTF-82
11-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Snyder you dont want none of Monahans. If you think results will be different than you better bring it super tigers no excuses.

because the Loboes will bring it they are a great football team getting better and healthier cant wait till a rematch with Sweetwater bam When the two best football programs in west texas collide again.

No offense Wylie you are one of the best also if not the best program overall. Much respect for Wylie also.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2006, 02:23 AM
Any loses in the top 15?

DaHop72
11-11-2006, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Snyder you dont want none of Monahans. If you think results will be different than you better bring it super tigers no excuses.

because the Loboes will bring it they are a great football team getting better and healthier cant wait till a rematch with Sweetwater bam When the two best football programs in west texas collide again.

No offense Wylie you are one of the best also if not the best program overall. Much respect for Wylie also. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: