PDA

View Full Version : Reversal of ruling on the field

11TARPON
11-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Last night the PI Tarpons were playing at Rio Hondo for the District title and after the play was whistled dead one of the RH players who was over our running back, with both hands thumps our running back's chest to the ground and the official quickly throws the flag and ruling on the field was unsportsman-like conduct and the RH player was ejected. As the next play was about to begin the RH coach calls the official over and then the player was put back in the game. Needless to say the PI crowd didn't like the reversal and started booing the officials. Has anyone experience a reversal like that? I don't think that officiating crew should be allowed to call a game in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 10:32 AM
:foul:

Phil C
11-04-2006, 10:33 AM
I think the coaches can scratch that crew if they want to.

VAMike
11-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Seems pretty harsh doesn't it??? You want them banned from the playoffs and you probably do not even know all the facts about what happened????

I did not see the play but it is hard for me to justify an ejection for a "simple" shove after a play. That happens alot and many times does not even draw a flag, much less an ejection.

FYI - The correct foul would have been dead ball personal foul, not unsportsmanlike conduct. That extracurricular stuff is supposed to be a personal foul unloess it is just taunting in which case it is unsportsmanlike conduct.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 12:04 PM
I think if he would have done it twice maybe he would have been ejected, maybe that's why it was overruled...

Now what I did see in Cuero's last game was a fumble, and either recovered or they didn't... the signal was a first down for Cuero... they spotted the ball and Cuero came up to run the play, then the officials called a time out, went and talked to the Yoakum coach and then gave the ball to Yoakum... that was weird, I was unaware of there being a review in high school...

VAMike
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
A play or ruling is always subject to "review". It is just that "review" in HS does not include video or camera images. The crew can get information from each other and sometimes even from a coach that can make them change their ruling. Hard to say what happened in the Cuero = Yoakum game without more info.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
A play or ruling is always subject to "review". It is just that "review" in HS does not include video or camera images. The crew can get information from each other and sometimes even from a coach that can make them change their ruling. Hard to say what happened in the Cuero = Yoakum game without more info.

yah, that's why I said Cuero either recovered it or didn't because I couldn't see it... I have just never seen the ball spotted and the team lining up to get it started and then reversing the call... if they did that I'm sure they got it right... was just weird to see...

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yah, that's why I said Cuero either recovered it or didn't because I couldn't see it... I have just never seen the ball spotted and the team lining up to get it started and then reversing the call... if they did that I'm sure they got it right... was just weird to see...

This is exactly what happened to La Grange in the Giddings game down 8 with 3 minutes left on the Buffs 16 yardline. Folks in La Grange are still scratching their heads over that one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
This is exactly what happened to La Grange in the Giddings game down 8 with 3 minutes left on the Buffs 16 yardline. Folks in La Grange are still scratching their heads over that one.

I am with you on this one, I heard about the play yall had that could have maybe given LG the win, we had some very intersting calls that went against Bellville. The crowd let the crew know several times what they thought the calls. Both games were in Giddings.

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I am with you on this one, I heard about the play yall had that could have maybe given LG the win, we had some very intersting calls that went against Bellville. The crowd let the crew know several times what they thought the calls. Both games were in Giddings.

So what's the poop? Giddings as great as advertised or are they just pretty good?

I'm thinking they're great and La Grange and Bellville have the teams to compete... but that's just me...

I wanna know how they lookededed...