PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Posters...

CHS_Grad '85
12-16-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm not going into all the rumors I've heard... but I do know for a fact that a school board meeting will be held on Wednesday 12/17/03 to discuss the future of the high school athletic program (in particular, baseball & football)... if at all possible - try to attend... this will be interesting...

Old Cardinal
12-16-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't know much about the programs you are discussing, but you better try to keep Wendy Wiess as your Softball Coach. I look for some big schools to be making her some very attractive offers. She appears to have the enthusiam and knowledge to make things happen!

LiquidAlloyedSteel
12-16-2003, 11:03 PM
I read in the newspaper that this was the first time in 10 years all 3 fall sports were in the playoffs or pass district. What's the problem? Sounds like jealousy again! Good luck to the successful programs and the coaches! State semi-finals in Volleyball, regional qualifiers in Cross Country, and Bi- District Playoffs in football. WE NEED A SCHOOL BOARD MEETING!!! Grow up!

CHS_Grad '85
12-17-2003, 09:26 AM
I have to agree liquidalloy... this program looks very promising and I think it's due in part with the positive direction of the current coaching staff... I'd like to see some supporters at this meeting but during this busy time of the year - I'm not sure it's going to happen...

CHS_Grad '85
12-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Well last nights meeting was interesting... a group of parents stood before the school board and called the boys athletic program "mediocore at best"...

I for one have to disagree... I have watched these young men go from the "me" attitude to the "team" concept and it shows in the way they perform on & off the field/court... as I looked around the room at these parents, one thing stood out... they are the reason the coach has to deprogram this attitude in the first place... I just hope the school board is able to see what the real motive of these 30+ 'concerned tax-payers & voters' is... these same people don't realize, the girls programs work because the coaches are allowed to do their job without interruption and the young ladies have a clear understanding of what it takes to be a team... we'll get there folks... just give it a little more time...

Just my two cents... Happy Holidays to all!

HornetMom
12-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Have to agree with CHS_Grad'85. I have and will continue to support the current athletic program at CISD.

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 03:54 PM
GET A GRIP CALDWELL, YOU HAVE A GREAT THING GOING ON...

Geez, maybe that's the problem... Every time the program begins to rise, there are a few parents there to shoot it down...