View Full Version : Wharton 56- Columbus 28

BU97
11-04-2006, 02:25 AM
nm

gato 76
11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by BU97
nm

I KNOW EVEN WITH THIS WIN YOU GUYS HAVE TO WIN NEXT WEEK AGAINST NEEDVILLE TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS,I HEARD THE TEAM THAT YOU'LL PLAY WILL BE GIDDING.DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE THAT GAME MIGHT BE PLAYED?

WOS1
11-04-2006, 12:11 PM
What is Wharton's record?

fireman1
11-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
What is Wharton's record?

6-1 in district

Crow22
11-04-2006, 01:21 PM
If Wharton could've controlled themselves after one of their late touchdowns vs Sweeny and not gotten a celebration penalty, they'd be undefeated in district.

But..........its Wharton.......

tigerpride_08
11-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
If Wharton could've controlled themselves after one of their late touchdowns vs Sweeny and not gotten a celebration penalty, they'd be undefeated in district.

what's that suppose to mean?

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
what's that suppose to mean?

it means you're supposed to laugh :D

tigerpride_08
11-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
it means you're supposed to laugh :D

well that flag wasn't the thing that made us lose...that's the emotions of the game...

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 02:53 PM
well that flag wasn't the thing that made us lose...that's the emotions of the game...

and a team that controls their emotions wins...

actually I do not know what 'really' happened, but yah, if you let your emotions go in the clutch, that's just like dropping a touchdown pass...

composure...

tigerpride_08
11-04-2006, 02:55 PM
and a team that controls their emotions wins...

actually I do not know what 'really' happened, but yah, if you let your emotions go in the clutch, that's just like dropping a touchdown pass...

composure...

we were in a situation to win...but stuff like that is apart of the game...

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 02:55 PM
we were in a situation to win...but stuff like that is apart of the game...

doesn't have to be...

tigerpride_08
11-04-2006, 02:58 PM
doesn't have to be...

of course it doesn't have to be but some people are gonna react how they feel and people can't control that if they don't know when it's gonna happen...

Gobbla2001
11-04-2006, 02:59 PM
of course it doesn't have to be but some people are gonna react how they feel and people can't control that if they don't know when it's gonna happen...

well hell, atleast if I get caught up in something like that I know I can shoot someone and you'll be on my side :thumbsup:

BU97
11-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
I KNOW EVEN WITH THIS WIN YOU GUYS HAVE TO WIN NEXT WEEK AGAINST NEEDVILLE .DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE THAT GAME MIGHT BE PLAYED?

We actually could lose by 5 and still go. I know that Giddings called the office the other day, dont know if they talked or not. We are pretty much at their mercy since they have clinched and we have not. Some stadiums will not let you on the list until unless you are in for sure.

Some thoughts off the top of MY head: Brenham, Rosenberg (wishfull thinking), College Station ** Like I said that is just what I have come up with so dont put any stock in that.

BU97
11-04-2006, 03:12 PM

Whatever, we were going for 2 there anyway and the play would have worked from the 18 as well as the 3 if we did it right (which we didnt). But hey, we are Wharton. I bet there are alot of people who would want #9 on their team, not you obviously.

gato 76
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
We actually could lose by 5 and still go. I know that Giddings called the office the other day, dont know if they talked or not. We are pretty much at their mercy since they have clinched and we have not. Some stadiums will not let you on the list until unless you are in for sure.

Some thoughts off the top of MY head: Brenham, Rosenberg (wishfull thinking), College Station ** Like I said that is just what I have come up with so dont put any stock in that.

Wonder if they would flip a coin,winner plays at home.A playoff game in Wharton vs Gidding would have the stands overflowing.I don't know if that has ever happened,wharton in the playoffs and playing at home.Just a thought,good luck to the Wharton Tigers in your playoff game.

tigerpride_08
11-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Wonder if they would flip a coin,winner plays at home.A playoff game in Wharton vs Gidding would have the stands overflowing.I don't know if that has ever happened,wharton in the playoffs and playing at home.Just a thought,good luck to the Wharton Tigers in your playoff game.

im sure the seniors would like to play at Tiger Stadium one more time...:)

scrub c
11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
good job wharton,

good luck vs needleville...

(hint...use your speed)

maestro
11-04-2006, 08:42 PM
playoff game in wharton??

THAT would not even fill our stands...

we have a wine and cheese crowd......

Crow22
11-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Whatever, we were going for 2 there anyway and the play would have worked from the 18 as well as the 3 if we did it right (which we didnt). But hey, we are Wharton. I bet there are alot of people who would want #9 on their team, not you obviously.

Oh, I would LOVE to have #9 on my team....and #3......and #5......and several others....

Just stating the fact that all you guys woulda had to do was kick the extra point and Carder would never have gotten to kick his 42 yarder.

Emotions killed ya'll....

tigerpride_08
11-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh, I would LOVE to have #9 on my team....and #3......and #5......and several others....

Just stating the fact that all you guys woulda had to do was kick the extra point and Carder would never have gotten to kick his 42 yarder.

i still don't understand why people don't get emotions are apart of the game...yes we got a flag but that wasn't the difference of the game...

fireman1
11-05-2006, 12:28 PM

I get what you are saying but for those who were at the game seen that it was not the emotions that killed us there were some questionable calls that gave Sweeny the ball but that was on the 27th thats old news. Great game Tigers with 497 yds on the 2nd team defense in district

maestro
11-05-2006, 12:29 PM
tiger 08...

it was a huge part of the game.....

composure.....composure........

i think that whs football playa says...

when you get into the endzone....act like you've been there before...

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2006, 12:40 PM
i still don't understand why people don't get emotions are apart of the game...yes we got a flag but that wasn't the difference of the game...
I understand that there are emotions in every game....it's how a player handles those emotions on the field that might make a difference.

whtfbplaya
11-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I understand that there are emotions in every game....it's how a player handles those emotions on the field that might make a difference.

Well said.