PDA

View Full Version : Gateville & China Spring both go down tonight

theyoefnshow
11-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Gatesville fell to Robinson & China Spring lost to Waco Connaly....I think that should be considered an upset but it pretty much solidifies La Vega (who beat Lorena) Robinson & Gatesville as the playoff reps from that district.

JR2004
11-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I think that makes the Gatesville-China Spring game a big one next week. Gatesville is really struggling it seems without having David Wasserman out there for the last two weeks. The winner of that one should finish in 3rd place.

theyoefnshow
11-04-2006, 12:36 AM
didn't know Wasserman was out....that explains alot......
What is CS excuse though????

LHPfactory
11-04-2006, 01:03 AM
is wasserman #21 ?, cause he was the best player on the team when we played them early this season...

Swarm 51
11-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
didn't know Wasserman was out....that explains alot......
What is CS excuse though????

China Spring lost their go-to wide receiver, Hicks, two weeks ago to a torn ACL. And, they have struggled defensively. As for the Gatesville/Robinson game. Two evenly matched teams, or supposed to have been. G'ville took the opening kickoff and literally crammed the ball down Robinson's throats keeping it on the ground getting 8 to 10 yards a carry for their first TD. They made it look so easy. But, after that it seems some of the Hornet players lost their intensity and focus. It was if those few players were thinking, "okay, that was easy, so now we can slack up." Once that happened, they never re-grouped. I will always support the team, but am not a happy Hornet camper with some of the team members at this moment.