PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale 16 Glen Rose 13 (2OT)

bleedgreen
11-04-2006, 12:20 AM
There is now a 3-way tie for first in district 12-3A.
Glen Rose vs West 21-13
West vs Kennedale 13-10
Kennedale vs Glen Rose 16-13
For district, how is 1st, 2nd and 3rd place decided?
I know Kennedale will play Roosevelt in D1 1st round.
What about the others?
Will Glen Rose play Madison and Lake Worth play West?

JR2004
11-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Congratulations on rebounding to beat Glen Rose tonight!

Going by the head-to-head match-ups, I would think that West will be the runner-up in the DII bracket so that should be Madison's opponent. Glen Rose should still go in as the the 1 seed in the DII bracket and draw Lake Worth. That's just how I would interpret the district. Anyone else see something different?

dogdad
11-04-2006, 01:40 AM
bleedgreen, I hope we see you again in the 2nd round RC vs. Kennedale part III

marlin fan
11-04-2006, 01:46 AM
o0o0o sounds like this was a battle of the bands and football team!!!

bleedgreen
11-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Anything can happen in the playoffs. There is no way that Kennedale can look past Dallas Roosevelt. This is a school in my opinion that is underrated and not getting any respect. Guess what? They are out to prove that they are legitimate contenders and their going to prove it when they play Kennedale.

DogDad, I wouldn't worry about Kennedale. I would worry about Roosevelt.....but if we do meet again, I'm sure RC would like to have a little payback. Good luck to Royce City.

OldNavy
11-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Dogdad, I thinking a rematch with Kennedale would be great fun, but both schools better concentrate on their first opponent.
Bleedgreen has made the case for Roosevelt and I will tell you that Prosper better not be overlooked. They have a solid football team with size and some speed. It will take a 4 quarter effort against them. They can grind it out on the ground with two good backs and the QB can run when needed. They don't throw a lot but seem to be effective when they do. They are very physical.

I think RC should win this but don't over look them, they will play tough.

JR2004
11-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
Anything can happen in the playoffs. There is no way that Kennedale can look past Dallas Roosevelt. This is a school in my opinion that is underrated and not getting any respect. Guess what? They are out to prove that they are legitimate contenders and their going to prove it when they play Kennedale.

DogDad, I wouldn't worry about Kennedale. I would worry about Roosevelt.....but if we do meet again, I'm sure RC would like to have a little payback. Good luck to Royce City.

Velt is getting overlooked. Their defense played pretty good this past week against Madison and that front four is very physical. They've also got one of the taller secondary units I've seen in a good while. It's hard to beat those guys deep due to their speed and size.

Matthew328
11-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Roosevelt-Kennedale may be a shootout...they will test Kennedale's secondary...

Matthew328
11-05-2006, 02:11 PM
anyone know where this one will be?? I am hoping for a possible Thursday game at the Gopher Bowl!

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Roosevelt-Kennedale may be a shootout...they will test Kennedale's secondary...
and Kennedale will test Roosevelts discipline up front with their smash mouth

JR2004
11-05-2006, 02:14 PM
anyone know where this one will be?? I am hoping for a possible Thursday game at the Gopher Bowl! '

I'd like to see it played at Kincaide. :)

Matthew328
11-05-2006, 02:15 PM
very true...I expect Kennedale to rack up the rushing yards with that Wing-T offense...great contrast in styles which is what can make the playoffs so great!!

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
'

I'd like to see it played at Kincaide. :)
dont think Kennedale will agree to play it at a DISD stadium

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 02:16 PM
very true...I expect Kennedale to rack up the rushing yards with that Wing-T offense...great contrast in styles which is what can make the playoffs so great!!

and can really shorten the game as well. That is the big advantage of running the wing T

Matthew328
11-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Kennedale would be crazy to play at Kincaide even though its a great stadium..

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 02:18 PM
After we beat Glen Rose in Week 0 I could tell they would be decent this year. Im glad they are going to be in the playoffs

JR2004
11-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah it's a great place to watch football at. I'm more than certain that the boys downtown are going to push Roosevelt to get a coin flip to get the game there.

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 02:21 PM
thats fine and if the two teams meet again next year Glen Rose will make them play in Glen Rose

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 02:23 PM
thats the dangerous part about coin flips

Matthew328
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
actually Glen Rose will be taking on Lake Worth....West and Madison will be the likley other matchup for D2....I think Waxahachie is a perfect spot for that game....

If they go home and home West would likely select Waco as their home field....I could see Roosevelt possibly going for a flip but if I was Madison I'd really push to play West in Waxahachie...

Glen Rose and Lake Worth were talking about playing either in Burleson, or at the new Mansfield stadium from what I heard

JR2004
11-05-2006, 04:05 PM
actually Glen Rose will be taking on Lake Worth....West and Madison will be the likley other matchup for D2....I think Waxahachie is a perfect spot for that game....

If they go home and home West would likely select Waco as their home field....I could see Roosevelt possibly going for a flip but if I was Madison I'd really push to play West in Waxahachie...

Glen Rose and Lake Worth were talking about playing either in Burleson, or at the new Mansfield stadium from what I heard

I'd love for the game to be played in Waxahachie. I really enjoyed playing my home games in college over at Lumpkin Stadium. It'd be nice to get to go back down there and watch a game from the stands. However I think Madison might do a home and home flip. Madison played their first round game last year at Van Alstyne.

Matthew328
11-05-2006, 04:23 PM
That's real risky....West is MUCH better than Van Alstyne was last year....I would not want to lose that flip and have to go all the way down to West or Waco...that is a game Madison could lose...

JR2004
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
That's real risky....West is MUCH better than Van Alstyne was last year....I would not want to lose that flip and have to go all the way down to West or Waco...that is a game Madison could lose...

I wouldn't have a problem if they flip home and home. Waxahachie would be a good meeting point, but the way DISD looks at these things, they'd rather have a chance to get as many games as possible at Kincaide. I'd rather not make the trip down to the Hilton, but if we do that's fine. Where they play won't have much of an effect on Madison. They'll get their fair share of penalties whether the game is in West or in Dallas.

kaorder1999
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
remember if you flip home for home and win the flip then if you meet that team the next year in the playoffs then it automatically thier choce where to play. Isnt that correct?

JR2004
11-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
remember if you flip home for home and win the flip then if you meet that team the next year in the playoffs then it automatically thier choce where to play. Isnt that correct?

Correct