PDA

View Full Version : Cameron 50, Rockdale 12

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Final

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Rockdale's season has came to an end. The Tigers went 2-8 this year, and as many of you know, I have supported these guys until the very end, no matter what. I can't say how proud I am of them for playing with everything they had game in and game out. Their backs were against the wall most of the year, playing against competition that was simply better than they were. That's not a knock on the guys though, they shouldn't have had a chance against many of the teams they played, and you know what, they played the majority of them close. They played with more heart and passion than any team that I have seen before and has set an example of how every team should play. The coaches did the best with what they had and I see a bright future ahead for Rockdale with this staff, regardless of some of our disagreements tonight. Good season Tigers, I'm proud of all of you. Thanks for the memories, seniors.

Bearkat
11-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Great job Yoemen!!! Another year in Cameron, for the bell.

infamous
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM
HOW did that happen???? seriously....

Milk That Cow
11-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Big Blue,

Again, I must say that freshman quarterback of Rockdale can launch the football...

I thought Cameron was overrated by what the preseason prognosticators said they would sweep through the district...

Do they have a chance against Liberty Hill?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Big Blue,

Again, I must say that freshman quarterback of Rockdale can launch the football...

I thought Cameron was overrated by what the preseason prognosticators said they would sweep through the district...

Do they have a chance against Liberty Hill?

True, he can launch the ball, but in all honesty, there was no reason for him to be playing at all last night. They put him in with 9:00 to go in the 4th, with Rockdale down 50-12, and benched a senior in the last game of his life..... :mad:

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
True, he can launch the ball, but in all honesty, there was no reason for him to be playing at all last night. They put him in with 9:00 to go in the 4th, with Rockdale down 50-12, and benched a senior in the last game of his life..... :mad: Gotta get ready for next year knowing the season was over. It was actually a smart move.

Dogman_1969
11-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I just wanted to say to the Tigers of 2006, you guys played with a lot of heart and pride all year. Hold your heads up high and be proud of the bonds you made and memories you will have the rest of your lives.

Especially to the guys that started out as little Aggies (#59 & #35) back in the Third and Fourth grades, you guys were special kids and you have turned into great young men. Thanks for the memories....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Gotta get ready for next year knowing the season was over. It was actually a smart move.

How would you have felt if the coaches gave up on you and everything that you had put into it on the last game of the season and put you on the sidelines and got ready for "next year"? That's crap, the boy has all offseason to work for next year. You don't thank all the hard work that a senior put into it, all of the blood, sweat, and tears, by saying thanks, since this is your last game, I'm going to put you on the sidelines and start building for next year. This is the culmination of that senior's hard work, and he doesn't even get to finish it out all the way through.

infamous
11-04-2006, 11:56 AM
cameron and liberty hill?

that's like Everyteam Vs. Smithville

c'mon

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by infamous
cameron and liberty hill?

that's like Everyteam Vs. Smithville

c'mon lol

infamous
11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
it's true...that game has got to be good to watch.

I mean Hutto waxed on, waxed off on Cameron...although Rockdale didn't bring Cameron down--I'm pretty sure Liberty Hill can wipe off the winning smile they have on their faces

and when this happens I will Lolz...everywhere...

theyoefnshow
11-04-2006, 12:29 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-AH!!!

Hutto is sooooo 3 weeks ago lol
win or lose I got fifty bucks that says we score more thab 13 (hutto!) and we don't have 9 turnovers!

infamous
11-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-AH!!!

Hutto is sooooo 3 weeks ago lol
win or lose I got fifty bucks that says we score more thab 13 (hutto!) and we don't have 9 turnovers!

girl please
I bet you double that

87 TIGER
11-05-2006, 11:59 AM
How would you have felt if the coaches gave up on you and everything that you had put into it on the last game of the season and put you on the sidelines and got ready for "next year"? That's crap, the boy has all offseason to work for next year. You don't thank all the hard work that a senior put into it, all of the blood, sweat, and tears, by saying thanks, since this is your last game, I'm going to put you on the sidelines and start building for next year. This is the culmination of that senior's hard work, and he doesn't even get to finish it out all the way through. Nothing against the seniors they did the best they could but they had 9 3/4 games to get it done . What about an underclassman who has put in the same blood, sweat & tears ?Maybe let them get a little experience
Do you really think these seniors wanted to finish to me it looked like they gave up in the 2nd quarter. You gotta do something to make a change when your down by 38 it was already over for the seniors and the Tigers. As always had a great time following the Tigers sure wanted more W's tho, better luck next year

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Nothing against the seniors they did the best they could but they had 9 3/4 games to get it done . What about an underclassman who has put in the same blood, sweat & tears ?Maybe let them get a little experience
Do you really think these seniors wanted to finish to me it looked like they gave up in the 2nd quarter. You gotta do something to make a change when your down by 38 it was already over for the seniors and the Tigers. As always had a great time following the Tigers sure wanted more W's tho, better luck next year

I know how much was put into by the senior who was benched. He spent much time right beside me in the same weight room putting more into than a lot of people on that football team can say. I was there every morning, I saw who was there and who wasn't. It's easy for you to make that argument based on the information that you have. When a man does everything that the coaches ask for them and they are still down, why should he be punished by having to sit on the bench in the last football game of his life? When the players do everything that the coaches ask them to the best of their abilities, then how is it their fault whenever they are down? I'm not saying it is the coach's fault, either, maybe the other team is simply better. Why sit them down and start getting ready for next year whenever the time is now? That was their night, the underclassmen still had games left to play, they didn't. They have the entire offseason to start getting ready for next year, let the seniors relish in the moment and remember their last football game by being out on the field. Letting the seniors play the entire game when it was out of reach should have been the coach's thank you to the seniors for all of their work. All those years of football should have came to an end when the clock read 00:00, not when the coach pulled them out and sat them on the bench in preparation for next year.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
One of the players told me that most of them gave up at halftime. If you are down 50-12 with 9 minutes left what more can you play for? The pride factor is kind of out of the question. I don't see how you can play with pride while getting blown out. I'll give it to the senior class they played their hearts out all year. You have to have experience for next year. You should know how experience helps on varsity.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
One of the players told me that most of them gave up at halftime

That may be the case, and that may not, but when you see all of the seniors walking off the field with tears in their eyes, it makes me believe that it may not be the case.

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Read the re-vised post above

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Read the re-vised post above

I don't think that the pride factor should ever be out of the window, and they have a lot to play for, mainly the fact that these are the last memories that they were ever going to be able to make playing football, and that is plenty to play for. The senior earned his right to play every down of that game with all of the work that he put into it, and when the game was out of reach, it should have not been a question that all seniors should have played, it is something that they earned by sticking it out all that time, being good teammates, and working hard and doing everything that was asked of them. There were some seniors who rarely saw the field during the season, and they stuck it out and were loyal to their team, and I think the coaches should have been loyal to them and let them have playing time one their last opportunity to play.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't think that the pride factor should ever be out of the window, and they have a lot to play for, mainly the fact that these are the last memories that they were ever going to be able to make playing football, and that is plenty to play for. The senior earned his right to play every down of that game with all of the work that he put into it, and when the game was out of reach, it should have not been a question that all seniors should have played, it is something that they earned by sticking it out all that time, being good teammates, and working hard and doing everything that was asked of them. There were some seniors who rarely saw the field during the season, and they stuck it out and were loyal to their team, and I think the coaches should have been loyal to them and let them have playing time on their last opportunity to play.