PDA

View Full Version : District 6-3A

GreenMonster
11-03-2006, 11:51 PM
This district is a train wreck right now.

Burkburnett is 2-1 with one game remaining against Graham
WF Hirschi is 2-2 with a bye next week
Graham is 2-1 and host Burkburnett next week
Vernon is 1-2 and travel to Iowa Park in week 10
Iowa Park is 1-2 and host Vernon

With only one week left there is not one play-off spot sewn up and not one team has been completely eliminated from the play-off picture. Crazy.

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 12:14 AM
It will be fun to watch how this district pans out!!

VERNONLION#1
11-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
This district is a train wreck right now.

Burkburnett is 2-1 with one game remaining against Graham
WF Hirschi is 2-2 with a bye next week
Graham is 2-1 and host Burkburnett next week
Vernon is 1-2 and travel to Iowa Park in week 10
Iowa Park is 1-2 and host Vernon

With only one week left there is not one play-off spot sewn up and not one team has been completely eliminated from the play-off picture. Crazy.

Greenmonster,
I dont see Vernon making it to the playoffs. I watched our offense stink up the field 3 weeks in a row now. You dont score many points you dont win. We had our opportunities but could'nt do it. I guess we will see you next week.

westcoast54
11-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
Greenmonster,
I dont see Vernon making it to the playoffs. I watched our offense stink up the field 3 weeks in a row now. You dont score many points you dont win. We had our opportunities but could'nt do it. I guess we will see you next week.

Yes there is.........The Hirschi Huskies are in. It's on the front page of the Sports Section of the Wichita Falls Paper.

VWG
11-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Yes there is.........The Hirschi Huskies are in. It's on the front page of the Sports Section of the Wichita Falls Paper.

How can the Huskies be in? They're only 2-2 in district. You're going to have three teams end up 2-2 after next week. One is Hirschi.... and then two of the remaining 4 teams.

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 11:35 AM

Hirschi has to have help, I don't care what that moron Nick Gholson puts in his paper.

VWG
11-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Hirschi has to have help, I don't care what that moron Nick Gholson puts in his paper.

Do you know how the tiebreakers will go? This thing will be jacked up coming into the last week. Burk beat IP and Vernon, but lost to Hirschi. Hirschi beat Burk and Graham, but lost to Vernon and IP. IP lost to Burk and Graham, but beat Hirschi.
Vernon lost to Burk and Graham, but beat Hirschi...... and Graham lost to Hirschi and has beaten IP and Vernon.
I know that the Burk game winner is in... that is for the district title. (Burk vs. Graham)
Hirschi is done at 2-2 and awaits results from next week.
IP and Vernon play and both teams are 1-2.
I think Burk has the best shot even if they lose because they beat both IP and Vernon. If Graham wins, and Burk loses... won't Burk still make the playoffs?
This is really interesting. Could this be the most competitive district in the state? It's gotta be in Region I.

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by VWG
How can the Huskies be in? They're only 2-2 in district. You're going to have three teams end up 2-2 after next week. One is Hirschi.... and then two of the remaining 4 teams.

After giving this a ton of thought, I still am not sure how all the scenarios could work out. I know that there is a point system that this district uses to break ties and there will be a 3 way tie for second.

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Burk/Graham winner is in, period.
IP/Vernon loser is out, period.

I'm going to try to get all the scores together for every district game so we can see what the +/- is for every team.

westcoast54
11-04-2006, 03:13 PM
After giving this a ton of thought, I still am not sure how all the scenarios could work out. I know that there is a point system that this district uses to break ties and there will be a 3 way tie for second.

Point system for a three way tie only helps one team. Then it goes head to head.

westcoast54
11-04-2006, 03:17 PM

Those morons at the paper know the district tie breaker, evidently you don't.

Adidas410s
11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Point system for a three way tie only helps one team. Then it goes head to head.

are you sure on this? I always thought that in a point system that it would rank the teams by positive points and (in this case) the top team would be the 2nd playoff team and the next team in the points would be the 3rd playoff team.

westcoast54
11-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Positive, read the district minutes last night.

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 03:27 PM

You very well may be right on that but I don't see how. Head to head is the first tie breaker. In the case of a 3 way tie head to head doesn't work. I just don't see why it would only help one team and the 2 remaining teams using head to head to determine which one goes. Someone is not getting rewarded for beating the team that won out on the points sytem tiebreaker. Doesn't make sense to only use the point system to break the 3 way and then use a seperate tie breaker to determine the 3rd place team. Like I said, you may be right it just doesn't seem to make much sense. By the way, I don't appreciate your personal attack. I haven't done or said anything to offend anyone much less you specifically. If you don't like me then kiss my big white ass and keep your comments to yourself.

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Positive, read the district minutes last night.

Looks like you have information not available to the general public, Coach.

westcoast54
11-04-2006, 03:55 PM
You very well may be right on that but I don't see how. Head to head is the first tie breaker. In the case of a 3 way tie head to head doesn't work. I just don't see why it would only help one team and the 2 remaining teams using head to head to determine which one goes. Someone is not getting rewarded for beating the team that won out on the points sytem tiebreaker. Doesn't make sense to only use the point system to break the 3 way and then use a seperate tie breaker to determine the 3rd place team. Like I said, you may be right it just doesn't seem to make much sense. By the way, I don't appreciate your personal attack. I haven't done or said anything to offend anyone much less you specifically. If you don't like me then kiss my big white ass and keep your comments to yourself.

I'm sorry. Not alot of sleep the past few weeks.

RMAC
11-04-2006, 03:56 PM
If Burk could have not been such tool chests, this wouldn't even be a problem. Oh well, what was the score anyways?

Adidas410s
11-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
If Burk could have not been such tool chests, this wouldn't even be a problem. Oh well, what was the score anyways?

Hirschi won 7-0