PDA

View Full Version : Giddings 28 Bellville 14 Half

ILS1
11-03-2006, 09:37 PM
NM

EAGLETOWN
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Go Buffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lepfan
11-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I just got off the phone with a friend...it was VERY noisy and the score was Giddings 35 Bville 21 in the 4th.....

EAGLETOWN
11-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Any more updates on this one?

strosfan
11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
giddings 35
bellville 28

final

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Sounds like this was a real exciting game. Close as most expected. The Buffs are something, knocking off so many class teams so far. Who else in 3a can match that? Not many, or any really. Hats off to Bellville to hang all the way with this great team. Take it out on Caldwell, pleeeeeeze!!!:eek:

chaingang
11-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Sounds like this was a real exciting game. Close as most expected. The Buffs are something, knocking off so many class teams so far. Who else in 3a can match that? Not many, or any really. Hats off to Bellville to hang all the way with this great team. Take it out on Caldwell, pleeeeeeze!!!:eek:

I got a little ole team here in Southeast Texas that can match you. You might remember us...........West Orange-Stark.:cool:

See you soon:kiss:

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
I got a little ole team here in Southeast Texas that can match you. You might remember us...........West Orange-Stark.:cool:

I'm from La Grange but yeah yall are goood! Too bad these two teams meet in round two. Both would go deep otherwise. Hope the Leps make the bottom division in R3.

EAGLETOWN
11-04-2006, 01:23 AM

:clap: Oh and I can't wait. :clap:

:p Smack with ya in a few weeks Chain!! :p

Darren
11-04-2006, 02:06 AM

What ever bring on west orange. thay can't win again. They are full of it if they think that they can.

setxsports
11-04-2006, 02:28 AM
:clap: Whatever. WOS has a better defense than last year.

EAGLETOWN
11-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Here we go already! :helpme:

Can't this wait till game week! :hand:

Please hold off I can only stand so much of RAH, RAH, RAH, WOS:cheerl:

Or maybe it's BLAH, BLAH, BLAH WOS. :D

It is just a matter of opinion on WOS's D being better than last year. :rolleyes:

In that case well then Giddings offense is better than last year and their D is better to.... so there! :hand:

Bull's-eye
11-04-2006, 03:40 AM
Congratulations to Giddings! Game lived up to the DQ game of the week, looking like two heavyweights slugging it out back in forth. Bellville led early 7-0 and then 14-7. Giddings roared back with 3 TD's to take a 28-14 halftime lead. Bellville then scored, cutting the lead to 28-21. Giddings answered with a huge 4th and 2 TD run to go up 35-21. Bellville came right back to score with about 2-1/2 minutes remaining to make the score 35-28. Bellville recovered the onside kick, but was flagged for being offsides. Giddings recovered the next kick, but was forced to punt. Bellville started at their 19 yard line, hit a long pass around midfield and had about 2 seconds for another play. Bellville couldn't get off the play as the Refs started the clock before the chains were even set and the game ended. Most of the Bellville fans remained in their seats, feeling their team deserved another play.

Congratulations to Bellville and their coaches. They kept fighting and never gave up. They proved they are good enought to play with one of the state's top teams. The district championship may be lost, but remember the DI playoffs could bring a greater reward.

halfnhalf
11-04-2006, 03:56 AM

heard they're pretty studly, but thas just me

big daddy russ
11-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
...Bellville started at their 19 yard line, hit a long pass around midfield and had about 2 seconds for another play. Bellville couldn't get off the play as the Refs started the clock before the chains were even set and the game ended. Most of the Bellville fans remained in their seats, feeling their team deserved another play...
Horrible timekeeper. The first incomplete of the drive, an extra second and a half ticked off. Second play, another extra second. On the last play, there were 1.1 seconds to play and he got the snap off before time expired, but the refs whistled it dead anyways. Horrible call. Bellville was robbed of one, last chance.

We were standing along the fence opposite of the scoreboard, so we got to see everything go down. Controversial finish. Bellville fans have every right to be upset.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Horrible timekeeper. The first incomplete of the drive, an extra second and a half ticked off. Second play, another extra second. On the last play, there were 1.1 seconds to play and he got the snap off before time expired, but the refs whistled it dead anyways. Horrible call. Bellville was robbed of one, last chance.

We were standing along the fence opposite of the scoreboard, so we got to see everything go down. Controversial finish. Bellville fans have every right to be upset.

Big Daddy russ, what did you think about the other calls made that went against Bellville?

Bull19
11-04-2006, 08:35 AM
CONGRATS TO THE BUFFS ON THEIR WIN. BELLVILLE PLAYED A TOUGH GAME THEY JUST COULDNT GET THE PIECES TO FALL INTO PLACE. ALTHOUGH THEIR WERE SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS YOU CANT SAY THAT THAT COST US THE GAME. THEIR WAS ONE BIG DROPPED PASS AND ONE FALL START THAT REALLY HURT US IN THE FIRST QUARTER. HOWEVER THE EVENTS THAT OCCURED IN THE FINAL SECONDS ARE UNACCEPTABLE. NON-THE-LESS BELLVILLE LOST AND GIDDINGS WON, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

COMMENTING ON WEST ORANGE. GIDDINGS WONT MAKE IT PAST ROUND TWO. THEY ARE GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD. IF YOU SHUT DOWN FITZHENERY YOU WIN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEIR DEFENSE WAS NOT THAT IMPRESSIVE IMO. WEST ORANGE SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM BEATING GIDDINGS.

P.S. I SURE AM HUNGRY ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME HOME COOKIN?

wedo
11-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

Doesn't Giddings have to get by Wharton in the first roung??

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Congrates to Giddings for a big win and the District title. Bellville definately was in this game to the end. D23 is one tough district.

To Bellville. How did Giddings score? Was it long runs or long sustained drives? They beat the Leps on two huge runs, one 90 yards by Fitzhenry and another 45 yarder by the big guy Jarmon. Buffs are very explosive.

Now the Bulls need to hold it together for one more tough game against Caldwell. The Hornets are very explosive too and can put up points fast, mostly on the ground. I think Bellville's defense will do a good job holding the Hornets ground game as long as they stay sharp. Caldwell can help themselves make the playoffs by beating Bellville forcing a three way tie for second at 3-2. This is something folks out here in Leopard territory don't want to see happen. Good luck next week and don't think about what might have been in Giddings, just win the next game.:)

Bull19
11-04-2006, 09:19 AM
FITZEHENRY HAD ONE 96 YARD TD RUN. THAT WAS WIN THE MOMENTUM CHANGED IN MY OPINION. HE ALSO HAD ANOTHER BIG PLAY TD RUN. HE'S VERY EXPLOSIVE.

chaingang
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM

Awww Come on!!! I am trying to instigate some smack here. No one wants to take me on??:p

Playing Giddings second round is an injustice!! I say the winner goes all the way! Kind of like the NFC championship games in the early-mid 90's. That was the the Superbowl.

we will see. Great job Giddings, keep it up.:clap:

If the Giddings/WOS rematch happens, that should be the game of the year in 3A so far. Both teams are better than last year, and they both were pretty dang good last year.:eek:

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 10:35 AM
It is a shame they meet in round two. A few years back Forney met Everman in the second round when both were top ranked in 3a. It happens but it always seems wrong. You are right though it will be some game.:)

WOS1
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
From what I understand, Fitzhenry scored the first 4 Giddings TD's (not sure about the last). His first was from 95 yards, then 2 more from 70 something. They are definitely a big play offense.

IF the WO-S/Giddings game does come about, it will be a tough one. Although WO-S defense is better overall than last year. We have been having trouble of late stopping the QB on the option which is not a good thing when the Giddings QB will probably be the best at it we've seen all year. Those 8 yard gains by the OF QB will be 80 yard TD's by Fitzhenry. We play a QB this week who has the speed of Fitzhenry in BC QB Dishon. Hopefully, this will help prepare us for him.

On the flip side, Giddings has given up 28 points in consecutive weeks. They have played some quality teams, but I do not think they have seen an offense yet like that which WO-S will bring. I think this game could, very quickly, turn into a shoot out. The thing WO-S will need to do is contain the QB and hopefully get 3 or so TD's up and force Giddings out of their game plan. I'm sure that is WAY easier said than done. We just have to hope...

big daddy russ
11-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Big Daddy russ, what did you think about the other calls made that went against Bellville?
I didn't see anything too bad. It was normal HS officiating IMO. I just thought Bellville got screwed during the final minute or two.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2006, 01:59 PM
I just thought Bellville got screwed during the final minute or two.

You and everyone else in the stands!

Bull's-eye
11-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Bellville's inability to contain #5 in the first half was the key reason they lost. Several times Bellville appeared to have him stopped, but he would some how get loose for a big gain. Bellville made some halftime adjustments and did a much better job on him in the 2nd half. Having Giddings backed up to their 4 yd line and #5 going 96 yds was a back breaker. Like Bull19 said, a first quarter false start really hurt the Brahmas. Bellville also lost a fumble driving for another score.

Late in the 2nd Qtr, Bellville's #15 appeared to make a long catch that was ruled incomplete. Some of the WOS coaches told us they thought it should of been a good catch. Bellville coaches also argued that nobody was offside on the onside kick. Giddings was called for pass interference, when the Bellville receiver tripped on his own feet. That brought some loud boos from the home side.

buff4life
11-04-2006, 05:04 PM

there shouldn't have been an opportunity for those 1.1 seconds to be left...the timekeeper had the clocked stopped for twenty five seconds with about 3:00 left in the 4th after a running play....so that time shouldn't have even been left on the clock

also..quit arguin about the reffing.....that penalty was called from YOUR sideline...and just be a good sport and say good game congratulations

Bull's-eye
11-04-2006, 06:16 PM
What does everybody think about Giddings going for the TD on 4th and goal on the 2 yard line? They were up 28-21 and there was about 8 mins left in the game. Most coaches would of kicked the FG and gone up by 2 scores. Even though they scored the TD, this could of really backfired on the Buffs. If Bellvilles makes the stop, they need only 1 score to tie or possibly win the game. They would have to go the length of the field, but just think of the swing in momentum.

I did see last year's Giddings/WOS playoff game and it seemed the Buffs gambled on 4th down twice. One was about 4th and 10 near midfield. I remember thinking this was a huge mistake and it really cost them that night. :thinking:

Pudlugger
11-04-2006, 06:19 PM
What does everybody think about Giddings going for the TD on 4th and goal on the 2 yard line? They were up 28-21 and there was about 8 mins left in the game. Most coaches would of kicked the FG and gone up by 2 scores. Even though they scored the TD, this could of really backfired on the Buffs. If Bellvilles makes the stop, they need only 1 score to tie or possibly win the game. They would have to the length of the field, but just think of the swing in momentum.

I did see last year's Giddings/WOS playoff game and it seemed the Buffs gambled on 4th down twice. One was about 4th and 10 near midfield. I remember thinking this was a huge mistake and it really cost them that night. :thinking:

Did that big fella Jarmon pile drive it in or did they finese it to Fitzhenry on a play action?

marlin fan
11-04-2006, 06:19 PM
What does everybody think about Giddings going for the TD on 4th and goal on the 2 yard line? They were up 28-21 and there was about 8 mins left in the game. Most coaches would of kicked the FG and gone up by 2 scores. Even though they scored the TD, this could of really backfired on the Buffs. If Bellvilles makes the stop, they need only 1 score to tie or possibly win the game. They would have to the length of the field, but just think of the swing in momentum.

Ithat night. :thinking: Would have done the same thing since should have beeng ame of the week :D

Bull's-eye
11-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Did that big fella Jarmon pile drive it in or did they finese it to Fitzhenry on a play action?

Jarmon scored the TD, but initially there was no TD signal by any of the Refs. After unpiling several players, one Ref ruled touchdown. It looked liked a very close play. Bellville had stopped Giddings on 3 straight previous plays.

EAGLETOWN
11-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
From what I understand, Fitzhenry scored the first 4 Giddings TD's (not sure about the last). His first was from 95 yards, then 2 more from 70 something. They are definitely a big play offense.

IF the WO-S/Giddings game does come about, it will be a tough one. Although WO-S defense is better overall than last year. We have been having trouble of late stopping the QB on the option which is not a good thing when the Giddings QB will probably be the best at it we've seen all year. Those 8 yard gains by the OF QB will be 80 yard TD's by Fitzhenry. We play a QB this week who has the speed of Fitzhenry in BC QB Dishon. Hopefully, this will help prepare us for him.

On the flip side, Giddings has given up 28 points in consecutive weeks. They have played some quality teams, but I do not think they have seen an offense yet like that which WO-S will bring. I think this game could, very quickly, turn into a shoot out. The thing WO-S will need to do is contain the QB and hopefully get 3 or so TD's up and force Giddings out of their game plan. I'm sure that is WAY easier said than done. We just have to hope...

The problem I see with that is that Giddings has always stuck to what works for them... the run.

Everyone knows they are not going to throw much.

In games I have seen where you think they are going to have to start throwing.

They just keep running.

It is because like was said earlier.

They are a big play offense and they can break the big play at any time.

EAGLETOWN
11-04-2006, 07:10 PM
What does everybody think about Giddings going for the TD on 4th and goal on the 2 yard line? They were up 28-21 and there was about 8 mins left in the game. Most coaches would of kicked the FG and gone up by 2 scores. Even though they scored the TD, this could of really backfired on the Buffs. If Bellvilles makes the stop, they need only 1 score to tie or possibly win the game. They would have to go the length of the field, but just think of the swing in momentum.

If you were averaging the yard per carry they are why not?

I think your chances are pretty good.

Crimestick
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Both teams are better than last year. Last year, WO-S was by far the better team. I guess we'll have to see if the Buffaloes have made up the difference.

Old Tiger
11-04-2006, 08:48 PM
WOS will beat Giddings because of Giddings inability to pass the ball.

EAGLETOWN
11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

We have heard that one most of the season and they are still undefeated and they have played some good competition.

Granted WOS is probably better than any one they have played so far.

The fact still remains everyone knows the stampede in coming they just can't stop it.

I hate to compare, but last year the phrase was used it you can contain Beasley you can beat WOS.

Wimberly was the team that did.

Now this year it is being said if you can contain Fitzhenry you can beat the Buffs.

The fact is you have to contain the other two also and Jarmon is a load, and the tail back is just as lethal and lets no forget about the big guys up front laying the blocks.

The real question is who will be able to contain the herd.

Crimestick
11-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Now this year it is being said if you can contain Fitzhenry you can beat the Buffs.

The same thing was said last year about the same group of players, and WO-S was the team that did it. Clearly the Buffs have improved, but so has the WO-S D that shut them down. I'm certainly not saying we are a shoo-in if we meet them, but I certainly don't think we're in for anything we don't expect or are incapable of shutting down again.

griff
11-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I hate to compare, but last year the phrase was used it you can contain Beasley you can beat WOS.

Wimberly was the team that did.

Once again...you speak as if you know it all when it comes to WO-S football...and once again you're wrong.

Listen here, bud...the reason we lost to Wimberley is Buse (their RB) and their offensive line bulldozed us all night long. Beasley got his yards and big plays, so Wimberley didn't "stop" him. WO-S couldn't defend Wimberley. That's your game summary.

Your continuing ignorance of WO-S is a strain to read.

Crimestick
11-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Beasley had 313 total yards and 2 TDs in that game. They were far from stopping him.

EAGLETOWN
11-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by griff
Once again...you speak as if you know it all when it comes to WO-S football...and once again you're wrong.

Listen here, bud...the reason we lost to Wimberley is Buse (their RB) and their offensive line bulldozed us all night long. Beasley got his yards and big plays, so Wimberley didn't "stop" him. WO-S couldn't defend Wimberley. That's your game summary.

Your continuing ignorance of WO-S is a strain to read.

Hey “BUD” your continuing ignorance to try and read more into a post and start an argument is never ending.

The reason it is a strain to read for you is because you just can't fathom any one not seeing WOS the way you do.

How many times do I have to tell you, you moron I am not a WOS hatter.

It is just fun messing with ya.

I try to analyze every team I have seen and pick who I think is the better without being bias to my team unlike you.

True I root for BH and Giddings, but do I think they are unbeatable no.

In the game with Giddings and WOS if it happens I don't know who I would pick.

Both teams are really good.

I have never read a post where you have accepted that WOS might not be the best team on the field, until you get beat.

Griff Jody is right you would make good bait for catching a hard head.

If you want to make excuses for the WOS/Wimberly game here is one for the Giddings/WOS game from "LAST YEAR"

Giddings turned the ball over to many times in the game against WOS or they would have beat yall.

Wimberly may not have shut him down but they contained him enough if you want to call it containing along with the rest of the WOS team and as you say bulldozed this D you have this year left over from last year and went on to win the state title.

Had they not contained him a little WOS would be the defending 3A champs.

I guess your definition of contain and mine are different.

Looks like something else we don't agree on.

So what makes you think that this year you want get bull dozed by the Buffs stampede.

Sorry, but I don't see where my post reflected any thing about my knowledge of WOS football.

Hindsight2020
11-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Both teams still have a district game left and both would have to win their 1st round playoff games for this game to even take place. Is it likely, yes! But why get all this crap started 3 weeks before the game would even take place?

Bull's-eye
11-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
Both teams still have a district game left and both would have to win their 1st round playoff games for this game to even take place. Is it likely, yes! But why get all this crap started 3 weeks before the game would even take place?

I agree and this is a Bellville/Giddings thread.

EAGLETOWN
11-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah certain posters are bad about jumping a thread and turning it into a WOS thread.

I agree lets save it for a few weeks.

There will be plenty of trash talked then.

sabre1
11-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
CONGRATS TO THE BUFFS ON THEIR WIN. BELLVILLE PLAYED A TOUGH GAME THEY JUST COULDNT GET THE PIECES TO FALL INTO PLACE. ALTHOUGH THEIR WERE SOME QUESTIONABLE CALLS YOU CANT SAY THAT THAT COST US THE GAME. THEIR WAS ONE BIG DROPPED PASS AND ONE FALL START THAT REALLY HURT US IN THE FIRST QUARTER. HOWEVER THE EVENTS THAT OCCURED IN THE FINAL SECONDS ARE UNACCEPTABLE. NON-THE-LESS BELLVILLE LOST AND GIDDINGS WON, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

COMMENTING ON WEST ORANGE. GIDDINGS WONT MAKE IT PAST ROUND TWO. THEY ARE GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD. IF YOU SHUT DOWN FITZHENERY YOU WIN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEIR DEFENSE WAS NOT THAT IMPRESSIVE IMO. WEST ORANGE SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM BEATING GIDDINGS.

P.S. I SURE AM HUNGRY ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME HOME COOKIN?

Hey Bull go and tell your said little story somwhere else. So far 9 other teams could not stop Fitzhenry so your quote don't mean squat.
Secondly, saying Giddings defense is not to impressive, then you are basically saying that Bellville's offense is not that impressive. Geez I thought you were a fan of the Bulls, guess not.

Darren
11-05-2006, 01:19 AM

You have said that same thing every game Giddings has played so far this year. You aren't the brightest guy are you?

I have heard of people that are slow learners but you bring a whole new meaning to the term.

BrahmaMom
11-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Congratulations to the Buffs on a hard-fought victory. A team can't rely on the refs, 1.1 seconds on a clock, or perfect calls. You have to wrap it up, leave no doubt. Giddings did it, Bellville didn't. I think we were well-represented and remain proud of the Brahmas and haven't lost a bit of faith or respect. Sometimes a loss is the best thing to make a good team better. Again, Congrats to Giddings. Brahmas, get ready for Caldwell! Go Bulls!

Crimestick
11-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Yeah certain posters are bad about jumping a thread and turning it into a WOS thread.

Yeah, like EAGLETOWN... :clap:

big daddy russ
11-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
there shouldn't have been an opportunity for those 1.1 seconds to be left...the timekeeper had the clocked stopped for twenty five seconds with about 3:00 left in the 4th after a running play....so that time shouldn't have even been left on the clock

also..quit arguin about the reffing.....that penalty was called from YOUR sideline...and just be a good sport and say good game congratulations
Didn't see the clock stoppage at the three minute mark. I can't remember if they stop the clock after a first down at the HS level, but was it that, was it a referee's TO, or was it a legit mess-up?

BTW, "my sideline" was about 250 miles south of Giddings on Friday night.

EAGLETOWN
11-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Yeah, like EAGLETOWN...

Show me where it was me.

Originally posted by Chaingang
I got a little ole team here in Southeast Texas that can match you. You might remember us...........West Orange-Stark.

See you soon

:thinking: Hmmmm was it Chain Nah... you can't blame Chain for taking a shot when he gets a chance to blah, blah, blah WOS.

Originally posted by **********
:clap: Whatever. WOS has a better defense than last year.

:thinking: Actually it was him this time, but it will be one of you others next time.

What is the deal with you people do you use search to see every thread that remotely mentions WOS and then go jump right in the middle of it?

:clap: You people just can't help it, must be something in the water "EAST OF THE TRINITY!" :clap:

Crimestick
11-05-2006, 10:29 AM
You're doing it right now. :clap:

WOS1
11-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Griff, I actually agree with Eagle on this one. I feel that, when the game was still in doubt. They did shut Beasley down. Mainly because we, for some reason, decided to become one dimensional with him. If you go back and watch that game. In the pivotal minutes of the second and third quarters. They held him in check. He got most of his yardage after we were down by 3 TD's.

I wish we could just talk about the 2006 Giddings/WO-S (potential) match up.

Bull19
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
Hey Bull go and tell your said little story somwhere else. So far 9 other teams could not stop Fitzhenry so your quote don't mean squat.
Secondly, saying Giddings defense is not to impressive, then you are basically saying that Bellville's offense is not that impressive. Geez I thought you were a fan of the Bulls, guess not.

IM NOT TELLING A SAD STORY. EVERYONE THEIR EXPECTED BELLVILLE TO LOSE SO ITS NOT A BIG SHOCK. SECONDLY THEIR DEFENSE DIDNT IMPRESSE ME. BELLVILLE MOVED THE BALL UP AND DOWN ON THEM ALL NIGHT.

P.S. YOU BETTER FIX YOUR PUNT TEAM CAUSE WITH SPECIAL TEAMS LIKE THAT, THAT WONT WIN YOU A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.WO-S WILL TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THAT HORRIBLE PUNT TEAM

Old Tiger
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I was hoping Bellville would win :(

griff
11-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey “BUD” your continuing ignorance to try and read more into a post and start an argument is never ending.

START an argument? YOU'VE jumped into the pile here, and so have I. You don’t like being challenged, huh?

The reason it is a strain to read for you is because you just can't fathom any one not seeing WOS the way you do.
[/B]

You don't pay close attention to what I’ve said. You can search my comments and discover that I've said I believe we're beatable. I have a realistic view of our team, because I've watched most every game. I know our strengths and weaknesses, and I certainly know more about the team than you do. I'll say it again for your benefit. WE CAN BE BEAT. Are you happy now?

How many times do I have to tell you, you moron I am not a WOS hatter.[/B]

You've said enough to convince me that you're part of the three-headed monster from BH who despises us for no good reason. And your name calling continues...

Originally posted by EAGLETOWN It is just fun messing with ya.

I try to analyze every team I have seen and pick who I think is the better without being bias to my team unlike you. [/B]

This is another example of your ignorance. I NEVER make predictions on this site or **********.com about WO-S games. Know why? Because I know we can be beat on any given Friday. You really gotta pay more attention. You can't blend me in with **********, KFDM COOP, chaingang, or anyone else. They don't speak for me and I don't speak for them.

True I root for BH and Giddings, but do I think they are unbeatable no.
In the game with Giddings and WOS if it happens I don't know who I would pick.
Both teams are really good.[/B]

You’re rambling. What does any of this have to do with my original point of stating why WO-S lost to Wimberley?

Originally posted by EAGLETOWN I have never read a post where you have accepted that WOS might not be the best team on the field, until you get beat. [/B]

You have to pay closer attention.

Griff Jody is right you would make good bait for catching a hard head.
[/B]

Amazing…the fact you would quote someone like Jody on anything. This only helps to discredit you. Life must be lonely for him after being banned from three web sites for his out of control vulgarities.

If you want to make excuses for the WOS/Wimberly game here is one for the Giddings/WOS game from "LAST YEAR"
Giddings turned the ball over to many times in the game against WOS or they would have beat yall. [/B]

You have trouble processing simple facts. I never said anything about Giddings. I only debated your point on why we lost to WIMBERLEY. For your benefit…Wimberley was the better team. I’ve stated that many times in the past. Having to repeat so many things to you is making me weary. Are you too poor to pay attention?

Wimberly may not have shut him down but they contained him enough if you want to call it containing along with the rest of the WOS team and as you say bulldozed this D you have this year left over from last year and went on to win the state title.
Had they not contained him a little WOS would be the defending 3A champs.
I guess your definition of contain and mine are different.
Looks like something else we don't agree on.

So what makes you think that this year you want get bull dozed by the Buffs stampede. [/B]

Man, you are a chore…I haven’t said anything “not getting bulldozed THIS year.” I’ve made no comment about any such thing. We’re beatable…we’re beatable…we’re beatable. You’ll probably forget I’ve said this in five minutes.

Sorry, but I don't see where my post reflected any thing about my knowledge of WOS football. [/B]

Your “knowledge” of Wimberley “stopping” Beasley. You claimed to know something that wasn’t accurate. The real reason why we lost to Wimberley is because we could not contain Buse, moreso than them containing Beasley.

EAGLETOWN
11-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Wow Griff that wa a good post I did not know you had it in you.

That must have taken some time.

The quote from Jody about you is just flat funny, I had to repeat it.

I will end this here because we both are just rambling and covering the same old crap.

I have a question for you.

Have you ever met Jody or BHFAN?

I hope I will be off if Giddings and WOS meet.

Maybe we can met and you can see the person behind the madness they call EAGLETOWN.

buff4life
11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Didn't see the clock stoppage at the three minute mark. I can't remember if they stop the clock after a first down at the HS level, but was it that, was it a referee's TO, or was it a legit mess-up?

BTW, "my sideline" was about 250 miles south of Giddings on Friday night.

the play was good for two yards and not a first down...there was no referee timeout...it was a legit messup...the giddings coaches were going crazy

griff
11-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Eagletown,

Check your PMs.

Darren
11-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I was hoping Bellville would win :(

Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

sabre1
11-06-2006, 12:42 AM
IM NOT TELLING A SAD STORY. EVERYONE THEIR EXPECTED BELLVILLE TO LOSE SO ITS NOT A BIG SHOCK. SECONDLY THEIR DEFENSE DIDNT IMPRESSE ME. BELLVILLE MOVED THE BALL UP AND DOWN ON THEM ALL NIGHT.

P.S. YOU BETTER FIX YOUR PUNT TEAM CAUSE WITH SPECIAL TEAMS LIKE THAT, THAT WONT WIN YOU A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.WO-S WILL TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THAT HORRIBLE PUNT TEAM

Well not all night, they did get stopped in the end

KL3
11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
Well not all night, they did get stopped in the end

Your right, the refs did a great job of leaving the field with a few seconds to go and a Bellville 1st down at midfield. Hopefully someone informs them that a play cannot be started before the chains are set.

GATAPride77
11-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Your right, the refs did a great job of leaving the field with a few seconds to go and a Bellville 1st down at midfield. Hopefully someone informs them that a play cannot be started before the chains are set.

WRONG, WRONG The referee should start the play clock and or game clock on a consistant basis the entire game. There is nowhere in the rulebook that says you have to wait for the chains to be set. Some referees work faster than others but they should be consistent from start to finish no matter what the score or circumstances. This was the last play of the game, so the coaches knew the tempo of that specific referee and should of acted accordingly.

The box should be in place, but it's not necessary for the chains.

Bull's-eye
11-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I noticed something odd when Bellville recovered a Giddings fumbled punt around the 11 or 12 yard line. On 2 plays, Bellville advanced the ball to the 4 yd line and the scoreboard showed 3rd and 4 and the chains weren't being used. Bellville should of been able to make a first down without scoring. Bellville did score on the next play, so this didn't have any effect on the game. Did anybody else see this?

BTEXDAD
11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
I noticed something odd when Bellville recovered a Giddings fumbled punt around the 11 or 12 yard line. On 2 plays, Bellville advanced the ball to the 4 yd line and the scoreboard showed 3rd and 4 and the chains weren't being used. Bellville should of been able to make a first down without scoring. Bellville did score on the next play, so this didn't have any effect on the game. Did anybody else see this?

I saw it was goal to go, but didn't notice where recovery was. You never knew where the spot was going to be until refs did it. Some of the balls were spotted 2-3 yards up or back from where I thought they'd be.
When Buffs went for TD on 4th down in last qtr, the spot should have been at 1/2 yard line with Bellville taking over on downs. Big fullback slid ball forward after he was down. All the refs kind of looked at each other and then the Ref with worst view of the play called the td.
That was huge play, but inability to contain giddings QB is what lost game for Brahmas. Of course everyone has had trouble containing him.

Bull's-eye
11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
When Buffs went for TD on 4th down in last qtr, the spot should have been at 1/2 yard line with Bellville taking over on downs. Big fullback slid ball forward after he was down. All the refs kind of looked at each other and then the Ref with worst view of the play called the td.
That was huge play, but inability to contain giddings QB is what lost game for Brahmas. Of course everyone has had trouble containing him.

That was a huge play, but from my viewpoint it was impossible to see. I did notice that initially none of the refs gave the TD signal.

I did see a measurement 1/2 way between the hash marks and then after they ruled first down, the ball was moved up to the next hash mark.

I agree, containing the QB in the first half cost the Brahmas. Bellville made some halftime adjustments and did a better job of containing the QB. This opened up some running from the FB, but at least he wasn't going the length of the field.

Bull19
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
IMO THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE GAME COST THE BRAHMAS. DROPPING A TD PASS AND A FALL START ON FOURTH AND INCHES. WITH MISTAKES LIKE THAT YOU DONT DESERVE TO WIN THE GAME. THOSE ARE PEE WEE MISTAKES.

Pudlugger
11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Well the Brahmas should not worry about this game. They came closer to winning than any other team against a formidible opponent. Bull supporters have to look forward to the next challenge. Caldwell is a capable team, very explosive like Giddings. They run the wing T very well and have two large rbs that can scoot. If the Bellville D that shut down LG shows up Friday they will win. If the Bulls are still thinking about Giddings they might get upset. I know on this board it is all fans and few if any players post due to coach's rules (a good thing IMO) so really it is unlikely the players are thinking as much about this past game as the fans. Bellville has some of the most motivated fans in Texas and I know they will boost their team from here on in. The Bulls have a real chance to win DI this year if they get some breaks and stay healthy and focused. The last thing they need is a loss before the big party. Goos luck from Pud.:)

Bull's-eye
11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Not good for LG, but I worry about the emotional let down from the Giddings game. Bellville's coaches must do their best to get this team ready for Caldwell and the DI playoffs.

Pudlugger
11-06-2006, 06:55 PM
For the Leps after Giddings is was not so much an emotional let down as just the defense was beat up. #12 Amos was taken to the hospital on a gurney off the field in the second quarter of that game with a dead arm. He had a severe brachial plexis nerve strain which has taken weeks to recover. The Hornets ran right at our weakness all night and made several big plays. Hopefully Bellville did not get so beat up and will take out their frustration on the Hornets. Somehow I can't picture this Bellville team settling for two L's in a row before the playoffs. Good luck again from Pud.:)

Hoss
11-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Bellville scored on thier first drive...after the dropped pass. They ran a screen play in from about the 25 yard line. Try to keep up!!!:confused:

HAN SING
11-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Hoss
Bellville scored on thier first drive...after the dropped pass. They ran a screen play in from about the 25 yard line. Try to keep up!!!:confused: What you doing on internet Hoss!!! Little Joe will be very upset! He rounding up horses all by self! You go help! I tell father and he not let you go to Carson City this weekend. Get back to work or I Help Hop Sing make special biscut for you for breakfast.:hairpunk:

Bull19
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Hoss
Bellville scored on thier first drive...after the dropped pass. They ran a screen play in from about the 25 yard line. Try to keep up!!!:confused:

LISTEN HEAR HOSE ITS MADDER OF PRINCPAL AND MISTAKES. WHEN YOU DROP A FOR SURE TOUCHDOWN AND A FALSE START ON A CRUCIAL FOURTH AND INCHES. NOT VERY GOOD.

ANYWAY DONT YOU HAVE WILD STALLIONS TO ROUND UP OR SOMETHING?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I just thought Bellville got screwed.

Darren
11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a sore loser to me.

Should of, would have, could have but didn't.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I saw it was goal to go, but didn't notice where recovery was. You never knew where the spot was going to be until refs did it. Some of the balls were spotted 2-3 yards up or back from where I thought they'd be.

Pretty much sums it up,( HOME COOKING)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2006, 10:52 PM

The crew thought they would make a new rule 12 and goal.

buff4life
11-08-2006, 11:35 PM
The crew thought they would make a new rule 12 and goal.
i hope the players still aren't whining every second like yall are...cuz if they are, lagrange might not have a spot in the playoffs after this week

hookandladder
11-09-2006, 08:04 AM
i hope the players still aren't whining every second like yall are...cuz if they are, lagrange might not have a spot in the playoffs after this week

Let the fans whine, they mean nothing about the outcome of the next game. I am sure the calls all went against Bellville from the response on this board. Home Cooking.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-09-2006, 08:07 AM

No whining here, just the truth, you just cant stand that Bellville was just as good or better than the Buffs. And for La Grange they feel they would have beat yall to if it were not for the crew that was in the HOMETOWN!!!!

Darren
11-09-2006, 08:15 AM
No whining here, just the truth, you just cant stand that Bellville was just as good or better than the Buffs. And for La Grange they feel they would have beat yall to if it were not for the crew that was in the HOMETOWN!!!!

What is it called when you lose a game and then complain about the reason you lost. Never mind I remembered. Whining

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Let the fans whine, they mean nothing about the outcome of the next game. I am sure the calls all went against Bellville from the response on this board. Home Cooking.

Bellville will get the win this week, and help out the Leps!!
Go Bulls , Leps, and Refs!!!!!!!

hookandladder
11-09-2006, 08:39 AM

No whinning from LG fans, there is no doubt in my mind the best team won(Giddings). I did not see the Giddings-Bellville game but I still feel and know Giddings is the best team in our District. I know this because Giddings proved it on the field. Be Thankfull you are not in the same playoff bracket.

Bull19
11-09-2006, 03:37 PM
No whinning from LG fans, there is no doubt in my mind the best team won(Giddings). I did not see the Giddings-Bellville game but I still feel and know Giddings is the best team in our District. I know this because Giddings proved it on the field. Be Thankfull you are not in the same playoff bracket.

YEA YOU'RE RIGHT. MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT OUTCOME IN THE GAME SINCE THEIR WOULD BE A DIFFERENT REF CREW.

Bull19
11-09-2006, 03:40 PM
WE ARE NOT CRYING. WE ARE SIMPLY TELLING FACTS. ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE REFS ARE JUSTIFIED. IF THIS WAS ANY OTHER TEAM IN ARE POSITION THEY WOULD BE COMPLAING AS WELL. 12 AND GOAL <<<<< A PRIME EXAMPLE.

Bull's-eye
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM

I believe both teams are glad they don't have to face each other in the playoffs. Bellville gave Giddings all they wanted, a little more time on the clock and there might of been a different outcome. Some of these questionable calls go Bellville's way, they win this game. Both teams are fairly equal and very good, just having the home field advantage may give one of them the edge. I know this because I watched that game.

EAGLETOWN
11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I was sent this and asked to post it for Bellville Fans.

I would like for you to get this info to the fans from Bellville that are complaining about the refs and time keeper. It was a RB from B'vill that dropped a TD pass(even tho they scored on that drive), they are the team that was in motion in Gidding's territory with 4th and one and had to punt(Brock- 96 yd td followed), their FB fumbled resulting in a Giddings td, their QB is the one that threw
in double coverage twice-both incomplete, they had a "delay of game penalty" on 4th down which caused them to punt instead of the fake(which on film looked like it was going to work),
and they are the team that had three kickoff players offside when they made the first on-side kick. This is what I saw on the game film which I have watched 4 times. If they want to verify
any of this just go see the film of the game. They made mistakes just like Giddings.(Fumbled a punt on our own ten yd line, not 11 or 12yd line but 10-also on film which gave B'ville and
easy TD. The better team won that night and not becasue of the refs or time keeper. The B'ville fans need to except this and move on. They have a very good football team and I
expect them to go deep in the playoffs with a better and 50% chance of playing in the finals.

For those One-demensional critics. Giddings has played a #6, 8, 11 state ranked team in 3A and a #4 ranked team in 2A this year. Two 4a teams(scored 50 on both) and four 3A
teams that will be going into the playoffs. All of these teams played the spread (two-demensional Offenses)
and we are still undefeated. It doesn't matter to me whether these folks "GET IT" or not. Those are facts and ask any of our opponents if we need to pass. Brock averages more that 10 yds per carry. I would be willing to say that the Wimberly QB does not average any more than that on his per attempt in passing.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2006, 10:46 PM

I would like for you to get this info to the fans from Bellville that are complaining about the refs and time keeper. It was a RB from B'vill that dropped a TD pass(even tho they scored on that drive), they are the team that was in motion in Gidding's territory with 4th and one and had to punt(Brock- 96 yd td followed), their FB fumbled resulting in a Giddings td, their QB is the one that threw
in double coverage twice-both incomplete, they had a "delay of game penalty" on 4th down which caused them to punt instead of the fake(which on film looked like it was going to work),
and they are the team that had three kickoff players offside when they made the first on-side kick. This is what I saw on the game film which I have watched 4 times. If they want to verify
any of this just go see the film of the game. They made mistakes just like Giddings.(Fumbled a punt on our own ten yd line, not 11 or 12yd line but 10-also on film which gave B'ville and
easy TD. The better team won that night and not becasue of the refs or time keeper. The B'ville fans need to except this and move on. They have a very good football team and I
expect them to go deep in the playoffs with a better and 50% chance of playing in the finals.

For those One-demensional critics. Giddings has played a #6, 8, 11 state ranked team in 3A and a #4 ranked team in 2A this year. Two 4a teams(scored 50 on both) and four 3A
teams that will be going into the playoffs. All of these teams played the spread (two-demensional Offenses)
and we are still undefeated. It doesn't matter to me whether these folks "GET IT" or not. Those are facts and ask any of our opponents if we need to pass. Brock averages more that 10 yds per carry. I would be willing to say that the Wimberly QB does not average any more than that on his per attempt in passing.

Bellville made mistakes in that game?

Get out of here, who did you get this email from anyway??

buff4life
11-09-2006, 11:24 PM
YEA YOU'RE RIGHT. MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT OUTCOME IN THE GAME SINCE THEIR WOULD BE A DIFFERENT REF CREW.
PLEASE MOVE ON....its getting sick....all the bellville posters are sounding like a bunch of six year olds...."its not our fault we lost, it was the refs" get over it.....the refs were from BRYAN and Bellville did not lose the game becuae of the refs...
THEY LOST BECAUSE A....couldn't stop fitz
B....if they did...the FB was open
C.....delay of game penalties don't help
D>.>>> watch the film....accept the real truth...and move on with your lives

buff4life
11-09-2006, 11:26 PM
no the TRUTH...is that yall are the sorest bunch of losers around and can't accept the fact that yalls kids made mistakes that the refs caught and no one from cowland can accept it.....
the refs might have made A mistake but nothin to affect the ending outcome of the game...stop CRYING:doh: :( :doh:

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
WE ARE NOT CRYING. WE ARE SIMPLY TELLING FACTS. ALL THESE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE REFS ARE JUSTIFIED. IF THIS WAS ANY OTHER TEAM IN ARE POSITION THEY WOULD BE COMPLAING AS WELL. 12 AND GOAL <<<<< A PRIME EXAMPLE.
Look is the game you are talking about last week or longer? Just let it drop and focus on the next game. You are giving Bellville a bad name right here and right now. Stop it please.

buff4life
11-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Look is the game you are talking about last week or longer? Just let it drop and focus on the next game. You are giving Bellville a bad name right here and right now. Stop it please.
THANKS YOU SINTONFAN...btw the game was last week

SintonFan
11-09-2006, 11:44 PM
THANKS YOU SINTONFAN...btw the game was last week
I just know that BULL19's response is not typical of Bellville fans' responses. It hurt to see this level of "sour grapes" for a team I concern myself with, from one poster. I've heard you can't make your town look bad on this board but goodness, it sure don't help with the level constant crying I've seen here. Don't worry Bellville, you haven't changed your outlook in my eyes but dangit BULL19 went way too far... a few times too far.:(

buff4life
11-10-2006, 12:00 AM
a few people did...i might have myself in replying....but yes....hopefully its all over

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I just thought Bellville got screwed .

This poster is not from Bellville, I guess he does not know what he is talkin about. This game will always go down as Bellville getting the raw end of the deal.
1977 Bellville lost the State game, the crew that did that game would never do a game in the UIL because of the same reason. The team that won that year had the title taken away becasue of this.
Go Bellville Beat Caldwell.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I didn't see anything too bad. It was normal HS officiating IMO. I just thought Bellville got screwed during the final minute or two.
Some of you should try quoting the entire thing, instead of just the portion that fits your argument.

My apologies in advance to all of the folks who have accepted the loss and have moved on. (And this is not "lhpm the mod" speaking.) It's sad in my opinion that a win by a VERY good team is being cheapened. In over 3 years, the ONLY game in any sport that I recall off the top of my head that the Bellville opponent actually "deserved" the win was this year's game against Barbers Hill. There are very few games played that don't have a call or two that someone can complain about legitimately. But how do you realistically explain every loss but ONE being at the hands of the refs? The horse is dead already....it's time to move on.

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

Off my soapbox, now. Carry on.... :)

BTEXDAD
11-10-2006, 01:05 PM

This is what I saw on the game film which I have watched 4 times. If they want to verify
any of this just go see the film of the game.

I said in my earlier post that the inability of Bellville to stop Fitz in first half was main reason they lost.
Both teams made mistakes. It was high school refs and whistles were slow and the spots I was talking about in my above post went both ways.
I won't even comment if you respond, Eagletown, cause it's time for the next game, but did the guy who watched the film four times feel the fullback made it into the end zone on the 4th down play I mentioned in my above post?

Sorry, LH Panther Mom. I'm moving on now!

Bull19
11-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

YEA IM SURE EVERYBODY BASE'S THEIR OPINIONS ON OUR TOWN BY READING 3ADOWNLOW. :rolleyes:

AND WHY ARE YOU COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD. YOU WERENT AT THE GAME, YOU DIDNT SEE THE GAME SO THAT CONCLUDES THAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE WORTHLESS ON THIS SUBJECT.

Bull19
11-10-2006, 01:35 PM

It was a RB from B'vill that dropped a TD pass(even tho they scored on that drive), they are the team that was in motion in Gidding's territory with 4th and one and had to punt(Brock- 96 yd td followed), their FB fumbled resulting in a Giddings td, their QB is the one that threw

A W.R. DROPPED THE PASS NOT A R.B. WHERE YOU AT THE GAME?