PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Picked to win Dist

punt
08-23-2003, 04:51 PM
The Houston Chronicle has picked Sealy to win Dist 23. Seems like most polls pick Bellville. What do you Brahama fans think about that? I know it surprised me.

BrahmaMom
08-23-2003, 05:40 PM
My sense is that the Chronicle just ensured a Bellville district championship. That is such an intense rivalry, a prediction like that will just get the Brahmas stronger and more determined. Many thanks to the Chronicle for the added incentive.

punt
08-23-2003, 08:16 PM
I would guess that that went up on the Brahma bulletin board as soon as one of the coaches saw it. Couldn't ask for better bulletin board material.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey punt, I was going to post the same topic but I see you allready bet me to the punch. I read the Houston Chronicle sports, and either Niki Herbert, is from Sealy or this person has no idea what the Tigers have to do to win district, or even win state as it said in the paper. First the Tigers have to beat Bellville and Navasota, that wont happen. The Tigers will have there hands full just to get into the play-offs, I consider them lucky if they get the chance to even flip a coin to get in! To me if the Chronicle was going to headline 3a football in the area they could have found a better team to feature, than a team that will struggle to even get into the play-offs!
Somebody please tell me the writer of this story, either lives in Sealy or just does not have a clue!!!

the tigers are back
08-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Let me say this to the bellville spectaitors. It seems that for the past 4 years you'll been after us since T. J. Mills has left. I no everyone wants to beat sealy especially bellville. I don't understand we both in the same county,but it seems that you'll want hold cake. Well i got news for you this year it want be like last year with the coin flip( I PROMISE YOU THAT) and you can take that to the bank. So you'll beat us two years in a row and it took you'll about 10 years just to win two games in a row. All i'm saying is raise up off us a little bit and let's contend with the other 9 games we have; and not the last game of the district season. We've not once have spoke against the bulls when you'll made the last two years deep in the state play-offs. Matter of fact i followed all the games last year and i cheered for the bulls. I WISH YOU'LL THE BEST let's get it on. :mad: :D

Bellville22
08-24-2003, 12:55 AM
***To correct a statement in the article... Sealy lost to Navasota 19-0 at Navasota last year. That's very key, as the article/quotes almost make it seem as though they were cheated out of the playoffs***

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I hate pre-season rankings/predictions, as well as rankings and "game lines" for high school sports.

I think everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, and while I don't agree with the author of the article, I will respect her opinion. She did her job, she went to Sealy and interviewed players and coaches and listened to what they had to say. If she had gone to Bellville and litened to what they had to say, they would have been just as confident, and said pretty much the same stuff about State Title contention, and they probably would have been picked to win the district. If she had gone to Navasota... the same, and they probably would have been picked.

It's hard for me to find a legit reason why the Tigers would be favored over the Bulls. They are a one-dimensional team, and that doesn't look to change this year. Granted, they have a very talented RB in Andrus, but they will be hurt by the loss of their Div. I prospect center (who is a terrific young man, and it's awful to see him have to miss his last year), especially since teams can key on the run. Bellville on the other hand is quite versitile and has the personel to almost bring a 50/50 pass/run attack to every ball game. The defense is a slim question mark (and I mean slim)but should be solid, and I don't think there are many out there who can shut down their O. They're loaded at skill positions, return 3 O-line starters, as well as one who would have started last year if not for injury. They have a tough game at the "Snakepit" (which is why I would buy more into Navasota possibly taking the crown from the Bulls than Sealy), but get Sealy at home, and while the Tigers will be fired up and seeking revenge (and perhaps a District Title), I don't see them beating the Bulls.

There's my opinion, take it for what it's worth. Most of you probably don't care and that's fine. Mine's worth about as much as the next person's, even if they're a reporter at a major newspaper/magazine (except for Dave Campbell, publisher of "The Bible"). In the end, these are 16,17, and 18 year old kids, and anything can happen. 5 games decide the crowns, then it's 6 weeks or so full of excitement and surprises.

And by the way, I'm reading all this hype about Emeal, and while most of it is much deserved, let us not forget about the MVP of the District, Jess Buenger, who threw for 2000 yds last year, returns this year, and is poised to repeat as MVP.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Im with you 22, Jess will be the MVP if not hurt!
I still want to know were the writer of the article got her info, she is the only one on the face of the earth to predict that Sealy will win district, besides some Sealy people, speaking of Sealy fans, I talked to some Sealy fans about this article and they also said she was crazy to predict Sealy!!!

Chief Woodman
08-24-2003, 11:13 AM
No article or poll ever puts any points on the board.

Old Cardinal
08-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Boy, but does it sell newspapers; on the fringes of the papers circulation.

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Niki Herbert series on 2A is on a 0-10 team from last year, my point is once again, could she have found a better 2A team in the Houston area to feature, or did the Chronicle give her just enough gas money to get her to Sealy, then on her way back to work just stop off in Brookshire?
On Her 3A feature it reads,"Sealy's players eye return to glory days" Since Sealy starts the season with a O-10 team from last year, and Brookshire is a 2A, it might seem Sealy is headed for those glory days, at least for a week!

the tigers are back
08-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Oh yeah! The heat is on now ,but hey bellville haters like i said ease up off the tigers. When you congradulate and not hate then will you'll might win a state title. So as long as jealous is in your hearts you'll will never go the places sealy has gone and is going. So if we don't make the playoffs do you think i'm gonna be mad at bellville heck now. To each is on and like i said i wish you'll the best as well as the tigers. I will say this ;seem like you'll have a problem with the houston chronicle visiting a positive football program. A five times state champions and we stand proud of it. One more thing bulls the polls don't mean anything to me , but the score spells it all when the fat lady sings. So royal went 0-10 last year this is a new year and i don't take any team lightly, because of there past records. Seems to me that you'll would have learned that from BANAREA cutting them sacks of of the bulls last year." OOOPS THERE IT IS" :D wink

BrahmaMom
08-24-2003, 08:30 PM
I certainly hope the Brahmas learned from the Bandera game last year. Maybe they should watch the tape from that game a couple times during the season. I think the rivalry is a friendly one with Sealy. Many in Bellville fel badly
that Sealy didn't get in the play-offs last year b/c of a coin toss. The Bulls have the talent to get to the next level. They have the leadership, too. I hope they have the self-discipline and heart to go all the way. If not, you can be sure they'll cheer the other Austin County team on.

Gobbla2001
08-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Can't wait for Sealy to visit us this year...

Guna be 'another' good game...