PDA

View Full Version : WP Eustace - Cheap shots

WpSr03
10-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Man, there was more than a couple cheap shots by the Eustace players on WP players. If you were at the game, you know what I am talking about. I saw 2 at least on Ty Wright. Early in the game, a bulldog openly took Ty's feet out from under him more than 2 seconds after the whistle blew, and again he was later tripped up after the whistle, both obvious yet not called (first one was played down by a Bulldog injury). What is this, if you KNOW you can't beat em, try to injure em? Or prove your aggresiveness by being cheap? Eustace has been a slight rival for my class since 7th grade, but this game was ridiculous. Very proud of my tigers though for containing themselves, no fights or retaliation at all! Just a few taunts that were picked up and contained by friendly players!

Wallflower
10-13-2002, 06:50 PM
Are Cunnigan and McDougle seniors or juniors?

eye of the tiger
10-13-2002, 07:26 PM
I dont know what it is about Eustace, but a few years ago Commerce played them and they played pretty dirty and racial slurs rampant. I was sitting close enough to actually hear some of them. Finally a ref heard one and ejected a Eustace player. It settled down a bit after that. I had hoped they had outgrown that style of play. Congrats on the win.

WpSr03
10-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Wall, McDougle and Cunnigan are seniors.

Wallflower
10-14-2002, 06:03 AM
Thanks WPSR03. So this is WP's year. I hope they go far, if not all the way!!

kaorder1999
10-14-2002, 09:22 AM
Man.....Eustace is known for that...."If we can't win....lets hurt em" kinda mentality. They did that that the last year they were ranked and Commerce played Eustace over at Rockwall. No class! I figured with the new coach there would come a little class!

<small>[ October 14, 2002, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>