PDA

View Full Version : Carthage out ...

3afan2K3
05-24-2003, 08:08 PM
According to UIL web site Daingerfield beat Carthage twice today, 8-1 & 4-0, and will play Forney next for the trip to Austin. Was this an upset? Don't matter .............

Chris Hart
05-24-2003, 08:24 PM
There ain't no way Carthage lost to a 3A team.LOL There has to be a mistake! We all know Carthage is the best in the state, we've heard it one hundred times. :)

JRabbit_Fan
05-24-2003, 09:38 PM
It's a fact. I was there to see it with my own eyes. Both games were close most of the time but Daingerfield's big bats came through for them at the right time.
Should be a good series between Forney and D'Field. Good pitching vs. good hitting.

pirate4state
05-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Chris Hart:
There ain't no way Carthage lost to a 3A team.LOL There has to be a mistake! We all know Carthage is the best in the state, we've heard it one hundred times. :) LOL, good one Chris! It really is too bad, though :( They had a good season & I'm sure will be back next year. Wonder if the boys will be back on the board??? wink

sinton66
05-24-2003, 11:45 PM
Heh,heh, I don't think we could get that lucky, could we Chris?

Jacket2000
05-24-2003, 11:47 PM
No, there must be some mistake. EVERYONE knows that no 3a team can hang with the mighty Carthage Bulldogs!
Is this a sign of the second coming? Has the vernial equinox lost its way? Has the star risen in the East? Could this be the end of life and HS sports as we know it?
Or, could it be that the Carthage folks are just too cocky for their own damn good(Kinda like the Bandera folks)? Naaaaaah!
J2K

c-town
05-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Naw, still here. It was a hard loss though. Carthage won the first game 8-2, but we knew we hadnt seen their ace yet. The ace pitched the 2nd game and Carthage pitched a guy that had only pitched a couple of games this year. Carthage made quite a few errors and didnt hit good, which carried over to the third game where we pitched our other somph. and they pitched their 3rd pitcher. Their third pitcher looked very hitable but the Carthage bats were just Forzen. We'll be back, it is just going to seem like forever before next season.

sinton66
05-25-2003, 12:57 AM
As much as we have teased you guys, you did have an excellent season, and are to be congratulated for that. Better luck next season.

ThaRealBulldog
05-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Good season Dawgs, we will be in the hunt again next year.

PPHSfan
05-26-2003, 09:21 PM
I would also like to add to this thread that, Daingerfield has some BIG Bats, Forney should be able to hold them short, but Carthage did get beat by a might good team.

crzyjournalist03
05-26-2003, 09:48 PM
Any news on when/where Forney and Dangerfield play?

JRabbit_Fan
05-26-2003, 09:55 PM
crzyjournalist03:
Any news on when/where Forney and Dangerfield play?Thurs. 6pm in Tyler.
Sat. in McKinney. Don't know time yet.

<small>[ May 26, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: JRabbit_Fan ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
05-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Just what is it with you, J2K? Bandera wasn't cocky...just loved their Dogs!! Who from Bandera ever said we were the best and no one could ever defeat us?? Who?? (Well, OK, maybe YA YA Pinky....but you have to know her to understand her heart is in the right place!LOL! :)Besides, she was new to this site and didn't know how things were....)

Anyway, yes our Dogs got beat. Yes a horrible call by the 2nd plate ref (who was from Alice)
changed the mood of the whole game...but that's life and we have nothing to be ashamed of. I have never said anything bad about another team, I have always wished them luck and yes I whooped and hollered about my Dogs!

So, in your own words....don't be "classless" when talking about the folks from Bandera!!
Ever since I started playing on this site, way back in the start of football playoffs, NO ONE
wanted to say "way to go, Bandera!, NO ONE
thought we had a chance in hell to make it past the next round of playoffs....NO ONE gave us a pat on the back for any good thing we accomplished, ...so for those CLASSLESS people who frequent this site and laughed when they heard we lost to Falfurrias...I bid farewell....go forth and spread your disrespect to other unassuming teams....may they rise up to bite you in your a--!! :D

Congratulatons, Bandera Bulldogs for an awesome year...you are very much loved and respected by those who were lucky enough to have known you!!
Don't ever let jealous, bitter people bring you down to their level. Good luck and may all your other dreams for yourselves come true!! Peace from the Ya Ya who loves 'ya! Ya Ya!! wink

Jacket2000
05-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Just what is it with you, J2K? Bandera wasn't cocky...just loved their Dogs!! Who from Bandera ever said we were the best and no one could ever defeat us?? Who?? (Well, OK, maybe YA YA Pinky....but you have to know her to understand her heart is in the right place!LOL! :)Besides, she was new to this site and didn't know how things were....)

Anyway, yes our Dogs got beat. Yes a horrible call by the 2nd plate ref (who was from Alice)
changed the mood of the whole game...but that's life and we have nothing to be ashamed of. I have never said anything bad about another team, I have always wished them luck and yes I whooped and hollered about my Dogs!

So, in your own words....don't be "classless" when talking about the folks from Bandera!!
Ever since I started playing on this site, way back in the start of football playoffs, NO ONE
wanted to say "way to go, Bandera!, NO ONE
thought we had a chance in hell to make it past the next round of playoffs....NO ONE gave us a pat on the back for any good thing we accomplished, ...so for those CLASSLESS people who frequent this site and laughed when they heard we lost to Falfurrias...I bid farewell....go forth and spread your disrespect to other unassuming teams....may they rise up to bite you in your a--!! :D

Congratulatons, Bandera Bulldogs for an awesome year...you are very much loved and respected by those who were lucky enough to have known you!!
Don't ever let jealous, bitter people bring you down to their level. Good luck and may all your other dreams for yourselves come true!! Peace from the Ya Ya who loves 'ya! Ya Ya!! wink Yes, our Bandera posters were cocky as hell. For a week all I saw were posts about how Bandera would beat Fal and there was even an entire thread about how Bandera would win it all. But then, when they ran into a better team, all Ive seen are excuses about how the umps cost'em the game and how Fal was too scared to play 2 out of 3 and how that proves that Bandera is a better team. There's a word for that: classless.
I believe it was Darrel Royal who told his players after winning their first national championship, "Act like you've been here before". Maybe folks down in Bandera county could benefit from that advice.
J2K

Bandera YaYa
05-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Man, YaYa Pinky really got to you...I told her she was too proud for this site!! So, you think we are all cocky...well I'm sorry you feel that way. But you don't know us and if you think what we write on here is how we really are, you just aren't as smart as you think you are! All this talk about us having no class, just because we like to talk some smack on here....just like everyone else gets to talk smack on here...well, then fine....you got us!! you have us all figured out...our secret has been exposed!!!
I'm sorry you hated our winning the State Championship in football, so much, that you would have this grudge against all of us. We joined this site to have some innocent fun, i don't think we have sent any death treats out to anybody. So, I apologize for making you feel this way, it was never my intention or anyone else's from Bandera, I assure you! WE are a close knit group that loves our kids, that's all....and it was fun while it lasted.

So, think what you will....people that know us....know us..... :p .sorry, but you do not.

sinton66
05-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Ya Ya, at the risk of you getting mad at me, I'm going to stick my nose in where it definitely doesn't belong. If you recall, even I cautioned you guys to take it one game at a time. No one on here begrudges your kids on their football title. Heck, even the people from Greenwood said nice things about them. What most people who are relatively new to this site don't know is that this is NOT a smack site, and most of the folks on here don't really have much appreciation for that sort of thing. Most of the regulars really are serious about the sports (except for pumpkin ball :D )we talk about on here. Smack usually just gets things stirred up and gets in the way of serious discussions. More often than not, we rile smack-talkers up so they will self-destruct and get themselves rommed. Thus, we get kinda protective of this site.

Guess what I'm saying is you guys need to get used to our site, and I think when you do, you'll see why we all love it. Stick around awhile, you'll see what I mean.

Jacket2000
05-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Man, YaYa Pinky really got to you...I told her she was too proud for this site!! So, you think we are all cocky...well I'm sorry you feel that way. But you don't know us and if you think what we write on here is how we really are, you just aren't as smart as you think you are! All this talk about us having no class, just because we like to talk some smack on here....just like everyone else gets to talk smack on here...well, then fine....you got us!! you have us all figured out...our secret has been exposed!!!
I'm sorry you hated our winning the State Championship in football, so much, that you would have this grudge against all of us. We joined this site to have some innocent fun, i don't think we have sent any death treats out to anybody. So, I apologize for making you feel this way, it was never my intention or anyone else's from Bandera, I assure you! WE are a close knit group that loves our kids, that's all....and it was fun while it lasted.

So, think what you will....people that know us....know us..... :p .sorry, but you do not.I have no ill-feelings b/c of your winning of the state championship. My ill-feelings stem from the way the Bandera posters(including yourself for a time) acted afterwards. Trust me, Bandera is not the first school to act this way after winning, and Ive had the same feelings for the other schools that have done so(ask anyone here about the Abilene Wylie posters a few seasons back). In my opinion, a great example to follow is Everman. They have won it the past two seasons and have undoubtibly been the strongest 3a team in Texas, yet, they carry themselves with humility. Not once have I seen an Everman poster say anything that could even be remotely considered classless. Besides, as Sin66 said, we dont particulalrly like trash-talkers and fair-weahter posters.
J2K

vet93
05-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately YaYa all that we have to judge the Bandera community on is what we read on this site. As a result, if a Bandera poster comes on this board and is obnoxious, it reflects on the whole Bandera community. That may not be fair but it is reality. I come from an area that has absolutely no knowledge or animosity towards Bandera whatsoever. I had no reason to root against, dislike or otherwise wish ill will on the Bandera fans or players at all. The only game that I didn't root for your team to win was the Greenwood game because I was hoping that they would win it all (I am not from Greenwood). To many of us the Bandera football team was one of the "feel good" stories of the year. Just because people didn't pick your team to win doesn't mean that they were rooting against you. In all reality, would you pick a team that was almost eliminated from going to the playoffs by Llano? The fact that Bandera was able to rise from the ashes and win a championship is a great story but we don't need to constantly hear it from the Bandera fans. It is kind of like the guy in school that does something good and everbody congratulates him and then he keeps reminding everybody what a good job he did every few weeks. Eventually it turns a positive into a negative. The actions and accomplishments of the Bandera football (and baseball) team stands alone. I have noticed a common thread from the Bandera posters. Most have an "it's us against the world" attitude. J2K had some valid points in his posts. He is just not very politically correct in the way he brings home a point. He has been known to kill a gnat with a sledge hammer! Envy is not his motivation (I believe that he is actually from Ennis which has a football team that has a record that speaks for itself). I just think that he wants to see posters who are humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Who are willing to compliment other teams and not be so blinded by school pride that they lose objectivity. And, posters who don't gripe about not having enough respect and blame others for a defeat. The overwhelming majority of regular posters on this board meet these criteria and that is what has made this board great. I know that most of the Bandera people meet this criteria as well. They just are not as well represented on this board. There are plenty of trash talking, foul mouthed, low brow in your face boards, lets try and keep this one special. It is O.K. to have school pride etc...(we all do), but when the rhetoric is turned to an extreme it turns people off and alienates a team (town) that has had a tremendous season.

Bandera YaYa:

So, think what you will....people that know us....know us..... :p .sorry, but you do not.

pirate4state
05-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Vet93, nicely said!

Matthew328
05-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Great Post Vet93!

Bandera YaYa
05-28-2003, 04:41 PM
I'm not mad at you at all, I believe any one can say anything that they want to say. I thought this was what this site was for, forgive me. I was not informed of any rules or guidelines in order to participate here, or that you had to agree with the "regulars" in order to join in the fun. Alot of what we said was all in fun, I seem to recall alot of stuff being said by alot of others, too. On any given topic, there are posters going back and forth about this and that!My last post to J2K was taken all wrong. Yeah, I still poked fun at him for being in my face, but I meant what I said about
never meaning to make him or anyone feel bad towards us. He says some really ugly things about me (Bandera) and that's OK? He brought up the "classless" subject and then he compared us to Carthege in being "cocky"....I'm supposed to say nothing in my defense? I didn't know this site was so serious. I am truly sorry that my posting were taken so seriously, they really were spoken in fun. But you really don't know me, so please do not assume that you do. You don't know that I open my home to kids, for a hot meal, or if they need a place to stay for awhile, or need someone to talk to when they don't have anyone else to talk to. You don't know that I have 4 dogs, 7 cats that I take care of, mostly strays that I feed and doctor. You don't know that I am a single mom, raising 2 daughters, getting ready to send one off to college. Now I am being called obnoxious and classless. Good grief, this is just a pastime, a game of sorts, a place to unwind. If you do not want me to play, I certainly have enough on my plate to excuse myself. I looked forward to razzing someone, it made me laugh and forget about my problems for awhile. I have met some really nice people on here (truly awesome!), in fact I have never disliked anyone, even when they were in my face about something! I took everything said with a grain of salt..until these last few posts to me. It was upsetting to read how you really feel about me and Bandera, because you are judging us on what was posted here....and that's just not fair.

Bandera YaYa
05-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Forgot to say..."GO PIRATES" !! Don't know when your games begin, but I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

sinton66
05-28-2003, 05:22 PM
We play a double header Thursday night starting at 6pm. 3rd game, if necessary is Saturday at noon.

Hey, Ya Ya, we have our fun on here too. Don't take all this the wrong way. I don't think any of us intended this to resemble an attack on YOU personally. I apologize if I sounded that way. Heck you're the best of the bunch! wink

And, thank you very much for the support of my Pirates, we really appreciate it.

Jacket2000
05-28-2003, 05:50 PM
I'll agree with Sin66 on that one. Outta all the Bandera posters, YaYa is the best of the bunch.
J2K

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-29-2003, 09:52 PM
OK, FROM NOW ON I AM GOING TO BE SERIOUS. I THINK
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TALKING SMACK(THAT OF WHICH YOU CALL IT ) THEN HAVING CONFIDENCE AND FAITH IN YOUR TEAM. "ANY GOOD TEAM CAN BE BEATEN ON ANY GIVEN DAY." YOU KNOW AS BEING PARENTS WE ALL BRAG, AND THAT IS VERY NATURAL. SAYING THAT ARE TEAM WAS GOING TO WIN AND GOING ALL THE WAY, WAS CONFIDENCE (NOT TRASH OR SMACK TALKING). WE ALL WANT TO HOPE WE CAN GO ON. I HEAR PEOPLE ON THIS SITE TALKING ABOUT THEIR TEAM WITH PIDE JUST LIKE WE WERE. I RESPECT THEM IN EVERYWAY. THIS CAN BE A SERIOUS SITE, BUT WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME FUN. WE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ANY TEAM, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE UMPIRES, AND I AM SURE EVERYBODY HAS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THAT. SO TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND
COOL DOWN AND GET OVER IT. BE HAPPY!!

:) :) :) :)

PPHSfan
05-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Take a Deep Breath...Slow Down....and stop friggin typing in ALL CAPS. :p Only little kids YELL when they are trying to make a point. :D

pres. ya ya ya pinky
05-29-2003, 11:01 PM
SORRY, I WILL DO AS I MAY!! IF YOU READ THE RULES
YOU MUST BE NICE AND NO SMACK TALK. TAKE SOME ADVICE FROM A YA YA !! A NEW PICTURE ON YOUR PROFILE WOULD DO YOU A WORLD OF GOOD!!! :p :p :p

PPHSfan
05-29-2003, 11:54 PM
Well I think I just figured out where my new one star vote came from. Funny thing is, YA YA will be gone and I will still be here all season long. Have a nice life, LOUDMOUTH :D

Bandera YaYa
05-30-2003, 01:10 AM
What is up with you and typing in CAPS?? We don't know it means anything....tell me. And why did you say Ya Ya is gone..but you will be here all season? You are not being nice, so what's up with that? At least she has a life...and it's not sitting in front of her computer all day!
:D back at you!

<small>[ May 30, 2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

pirate4state
05-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Bandera YaYa:
What is up with you and typing in CAPS?? We don't know it means anything....tell me. Sorry, didn't know you guys didn't know. Typing in all caps in the "computer world" is considering yelling.

sinton66
05-30-2003, 06:39 AM
It's kinda hard to read too. wink

Matthew328
05-30-2003, 02:09 PM
I thought this was a Carthage thread...I'm gonna lock this one down before things get outta hand..