PDA

View Full Version : So what does this mean for Texas

JHS_c/o_06'
11-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Ok.....West Virginia is beat......that leaves Louisville, Michigan and Ohio State that are unbeaten and have a chance to play for the NC. Provided a good showing against osu this saturday. I say that Texas jumps Auburn and possibly Florida....depending on how Florida does this week. West Virginia will drop to at least 8. Because they were only getting love from the computers......and not so much from the pollsters. That puts Texas at 5th or 4th. What now....how do we get to #2......Michigan will most likely lose. and that would put us up one more. Thats still not enough. What all has to happen?

DU_stud04
11-03-2006, 01:19 AM
pray that ohio losses or for a good season next year

smustangs
11-03-2006, 01:20 AM
louisville will still be in front of texas as well

kepdawg
11-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Texas either moves to 6 or jumps Auburn and moves to 5.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah.....so that puts Texas at #5........but i really dont think Louisville will win out. Rutgers.....i think will spoil their season....and turn around and get beat by and angry WV.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
pray that ohio losses or for a good season next year

Actually Ohio States ranking helps Texas..it is not as big as it used to be but SOS does play a part in the computer rankings and as long as the Horns one loss is to the number#1 team in the nation it helps a bit, which could be crucial when it comes down to the tenth of points that cab be difference between one place or another.

Here is a CRAZY situation no one has talked about in length...Say OSU beats Michigan but it is a 22-21 game...then they play again in the BCS Bowl and Michigan wins in another close game...They would win the BCS trophy.....BUT the AP voters might catapult the 3rd place team going into the bowls into first simply because alot of voters would split the top two. That was a scenario they were talking about on ESPNU and could actually happem

coach
11-03-2006, 02:24 AM
texas has no hope they shouldnt have lost to osu sorry but its true

3afan
11-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by coach
texas has no hope they shouldnt have lost to osu sorry but its true

thats not true - Texas has plenty of 'hope' ....... the cards will have to fall just right but there is definitely still a chance to get to the NC game

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 08:22 AM
1. Ohio St.
2. Michigan
3. Louisville
4. Texas
*Pending the 3 teams other than Louisville win*

Same in polls

BCS no telling. Texas maybe 6 or 5th who knows with that whole BS.

Dogman_1969
11-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Right now it should be:

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Louisville
4. Texas
5. Auburn

OSU beats Michigan
Louisville loses to Rutgers and Rutgers loses to WV
Texas wins out and makes a statement in the Title game and has a rematch with OSU in the title game.

It's funny how when USC was the defending champs that the media all said they are the champs until someone beats them and someone else wins the BCS game. Now UT is the defending champs and the media is desperately searching for someone other than Texas to put at the top. Face it media and haters, UT is the champ until someone else is crowned.

Out of the 1 loss teams UT should be ranked at the top. Auburn and Florida both have loses and play in a conference that is as bad as any out there. That used to not be true.

And to all of the haters out there who was grinning like a possum rooting through a fresh cow patty when Vince announced he was leaving, UT is still the champs and will be until someone else is crowned in January............

\m/ HOOKEM \m/

wedo
11-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Right now it should be:

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Louisville
4. Texas
5. Auburn

OSU beats Michigan
Texas wins out and makes a statement in the Title game and has a rematch with OSU in the title game.

It's funny how when USC was the defending champs that the media all said they are the champs until someone beats them and someone else wins the BCS game. Now UT is the defending champs and the media is desperately searching for someone other than Texas to put at the top. Face it media and haters, UT is the champ until someone else is crowned.

Out of the 1 loss teams UT should be ranked at the top. Auburn and Florida both have loses and play in a conference that is as bad as any out there. That used to not be true.

And to all of the haters out there who was grinning like a possum rooting through a fresh cow patty when Vince announced he was leaving, UT is still the champs and will be until someone else is crowned in January............

\m/ HOOKEM \m/

Thats exactly what i think! Rutgers will beat louiville and then lose to WV ! In the SEC i think that Arkansas will play spoiler! IMO auburn doesn't win out and nither does florida! Texas needs to just keep winning and win big. No close call this year against OSU IMO.

Stownhorse
11-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
1. Ohio St.
2. Michigan
3. Louisville
4. Texas
*Pending the 3 teams other than Louisville win*

I like this one...Louisville has Rutgers nest sat. so that is a huge game for them as well and I think Michigan steps up and beats OSU...you saw what they did to the Irish, that defense was stout.

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 09:34 AM
AGGIES will beat TU.

so all this donst matter

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
AGGIES will beat TU.

so all this donst matter lol....go crawl under a rock and cry some more:D :p

PurpleFreddy
11-03-2006, 09:37 AM
The Aggies are playing Tulane?

wedo
11-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I like this one...Louisville has Rutgers nest sat. so that is a huge game for them as well and I think Michigan steps up and beats OSU...you saw what they did to the Irish, that defense was stout.

Actually this game is next thursday on espn! tOSU will beat michigan!

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 09:40 AM
lol....go crawl under a rock and cry some more:D :p

you really dont have a clue do you youngster.

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
you really dont have a clue do you youngster. lol...Just having fun this morning...It's Friday!!!

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 09:43 AM
me too....i cant wait for this evening.

BTW- i cant stand the AGS either

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 09:44 AM
lol...

mwynn05
11-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Texas also needs A&M to beat Oklahoma and Nebraska then they need to beat A&M impressively....Texas fans need to be Aggy fans too for the next couple of weeks

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2006, 09:46 AM
lol....go crawl under a rock and cry some more:D :p
Do you really want all college talk to have an end put to it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you really want all college talk to have an end put to it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: nooooooooooooooooooo

wedo
11-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Texas also needs A&M to beat Oklahoma and Nebraska then they need to beat A&M impressively....Texas fans need to be Aggy fans too for the next couple of weeks

If A&M can crack the top15 and then if Texas can beat then by at least 21 that will help the Horns out big time!!

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 09:59 AM
nooooooooooooooooooo

i agree

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you really want all college talk to have an end put to it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks MOM....i know you got my back :)

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 10:05 AM
thanks MOM....i know you got my back :) Or so you think:D ;) :p

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Or so you think:D ;) :p

as long as i think she does...then i feel safe from those crazies that wear orange colored shirts.

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 10:08 AM
as long as i think she does...then i feel safe from those crazies that wear orange colored shirts. Yea them damned Okie State guys :mad:

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
we both know that they dont count.

they are 2nd rate in a 2nd rate state :)

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I say 3rd rate :D

Dogman_1969
11-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Right now it should be:

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Louisville
4. Texas
5. Auburn

OSU beats Michigan

\m/ HOOKEM \m/

Well, Rutgers took care of Louisville. Now OSU needs to take Michigan out by about 14 and the Horns just keep on winning. We'll be in the big dance again.

But we must not stumble, we must sprint to the finish.........

\m/ Hookem \m/

wedo
11-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, Rutgers took care of Louisville. Now OSU needs to take Michigan out by about 14 and the Horns just keep on winning. We'll be in the big dance again.

But we must not stumble, we must sprint to the finish.........

\m/ Hookem \m/

Texas will jump Florida if they can win and win big. hold kstate under 10 and A&M under 10 and then beat nebraska again in the championship game. If they do that IMO Texas is in.

GreenMonster
11-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Texas will jump Florida if they can win and win big. hold kstate under 10 and A&M under 10 and then beat nebraska again in the championship game. If they do that IMO Texas is in. Gonna need to beat Nebraska pretty good in that Championship game as well. They also might need USC to take another loss. USC's strength of schedule down the stretch is pretty tough. It would have helped Texas if A&M had beat OU and still might help Texas if A&M can beat Nebraska. Boost that strength of schedule.

The Kracken
11-10-2006, 11:13 AM
due to the competetion level with what florida has and texas has left if florida wins out no way texas gets in