View Full Version : Tech Whining Taken to a Whole New Level

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 03:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7jJRsfMW4A

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DYhO2vGPxTI&mode=related&search=

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

g$$
11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
That one spot on the 4th down pass around the 20 yd. line was very questionable. The QB sneak was short all the way.

On the pass, the announcer kept talking about his feet, when the ball is what matters once he has possession. It was NOT a sideline route where he has to get one foot down in college with possession. I thought they marked it short based on the replay & in live action.

Bottom line though, if they could run for 6 inches then this would be a moot point. And Tech would have then had a chance to win the game. Spilled milk now anyway.

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Did you actually watch any of either of them? And, if you did, could you not see there were several questionable calls/no-calls? It happens every game. And....it's NOT Tech whining, but some GUY.

Do you ever post anything about a college team other than UT that's not negative? :hand:

mchavez
11-02-2006, 04:11 PM
WOW!! I don't think OU whinned this much!!! LOL

Phil C
11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
:(

g$$
11-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Never mind...I think that was directed at someone else.

STANG RED
11-02-2006, 04:21 PM
He had a good point on a couple of those calls, but most of it was just whining. I'm sure if you looked at every play in slow motion, you could find some kind of infraction by someone on every play.

whtfbplaya
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Never mind...I think that was directed at someone else.
Sorry, yes....it was directed at Tiger WR. :)

whtfbplaya
11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm sure if you looked at every play in slow motion, you could find some kind of infraction by someone on every play.

Quote of the day

3afan
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

everything the narrator says is "clearly" this or that is mostly inconclusive to me ...... he said "clearly" 32 times

(I didnt actually count but it was clearly a bunch :D )

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sorry, yes....it was directed at Tiger WR. :) :mad:

RMAC
11-02-2006, 05:04 PM

Dude, shut up. Nobody's up here crying. We talked about the game on Monday in 1 of my classes and that was it. The problem is that everybody want's to paint Tech as a tier 1 team and we're not. Are we getting better overall, yes, but we're not at the caliber of other D-I schools.

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I didn't say anything

g$$
11-02-2006, 05:32 PM
You've said plenty, as usual. Don't you have to study or something? Always stirring up trouble. Always.

Emerson1
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Does anyone have a clip of Graham Cracker slipping on the last 4th down?

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
How is this stiring up trouble. It is just a good documentary over penalties.

stxfootballfan
11-02-2006, 05:40 PM
The guy who made that video is an idiot! There is no excuse for giving up a 21-0 or 24-7 lead at home. If anything blame the Tech Coach because when they were up 21-7 he tries to get smart and runs the ball 3 times and settles for a field goal. I think he was the only one in the stadium who thought not throwing the ball when your inside the 20 was a good idea. I knew when they settled for the field goal Texas was going to win.

RMAC
11-02-2006, 05:41 PM
And on a minor note, just as I pressed the "Post" button earlier, the DVD we were watching in my lecture class screwed up and the prof let us go with about an hour of class left. God Bless America. It's going to be a good weekend.:D

STANG RED
11-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
everything the narrator says is "clearly" this or that is mostly inconclusive to me ...... he said "clearly" 32 times

(I didnt actually count but it was clearly a bunch :D )

Clearly! :cool:

3afan
11-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
.... It's going to be a good weekend.:D

yep - and mine started at 2PM today :)

football4life
11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
well, even regardless that about half of the points made in the video are pretty legit, tech blew it. doesn't really matter. The only two that really irk me are the filani catch reversal and the pass interference call on huffman. the linemen stuff is tough to call as it is, that type of thing goes on every play i'm sure.

Txbroadcaster
11-02-2006, 10:51 PM
LOL videos was removed for copyright infringment.

SOME and only SOME of the points were valid..Some of them he does not know the rules

The return man led with his crown, THAT was why he was flagged. The "cut" block he said the OL did on one of the plays is a legal play INSIDE the LOS box..it is not a pretty play but fairly common in ALL levels of football

The non pass interference call is legit, they dont call defenseless WR in college unless it is late. The offical ruled pass uncatchable, and hard to argue when the ball falls out of bounds.

Some of the "holds" he said were not called werent holds..one of them the Tech guy released off the block to make a tackle and his movement cause the hold..officals dont have to call that if they feel the defensive guy inititaed the hold by his movements

The two on the one play were by technical views bad calls, but we have the view of the birds' eye camera, the offical sees a player diving at a another players back area and the guy goes down the offical does not have the above perception, all he can see is straight ahead and from that view that would look like a flag EVERYTIME.

Sorry but the two big spots late in the game were right..THE PROBLEM is the officals spent 90% of the game giving BOTH teams REALLY REALLY great spots, then in last 5 mins they start spotting correctly while they were correct, the fact they messed up so many spots FOR BOTH TEAMS it makes them look bad in the crucial moments

Fact is a Texas fan could take the same game and prob do as much

just like ANY fan of ANY team could break down a game that close and find MANY bad/no calls

The TV camera gives us angles the officals never get inside the game

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2006, 11:03 PM
How is this stiring up trouble. It is just a good documentary over penalties.
Oh, puhleeeeeze! You are the "self-proclaimed pro" at stirring up crap. :D

BTEXDAD
11-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Does anyone have a clip of Graham Cracker slipping on the last 4th down?
That play wasn't on the video, but it should have been called unsportsmanlike conduct on UT.
There was clear evidence UT defense had put a slick substance on the ground right where Graham stepped.
:D

Old Tiger
11-03-2006, 09:30 AM
We can clearly tell that this is clearly funny thread, CLEARLY! lol

raider red 2000
11-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
That play wasn't on the video, but it should have been called unsportsmanlike conduct on UT.
There was clear evidence UT defense had put a slick substance on the ground right where Graham stepped.
:D

CHEATERS :)

coach
11-03-2006, 10:13 AM
how low can you get only tech would blame a loss on the refs after they chooked or call the other team cheaters.....and they wonder why they dont get any respect.....that just tells you that texas and the ags are the only real teams in the state of texas!