PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Playoffs maybe

CHSWR07
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
IF clyde wins tomorrow they make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years anyone got any thoughts on this

zeus63
11-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
IF clyde wins tomorrow they make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years anyone got any thoughts on this

Way to go!!

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM

........and probably get Sanger in the first round. Good luck.

pero chato
11-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Good job Bulldogs! Most had picked Sweetwater/Wylie/Breck as the 3 teams making the playoffs. Will the Clyde QB be back for the playoffs?

Snyder_TigerFan
11-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Just curious...if Commanche beats Clyde, who gets in between Breck/Clyde/Commanche?

STANG RED
11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Just curious...if Commanche beats Clyde, who gets in between Breck/Clyde/Commanche?

Then it will come down to what happens in the last week between Swater/Breck, and Wylie/Comanche. Breck is really behind the 8 ball after losing to Clyde, cause now they have to beat either Swater or Wylie to even have a shot.
Comanche would still have to beat Wylie to have a shot, even if they do beat Clyde. Very doubtful any of those would happen, but you never know.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Then it will come down to what happens in the last week between Swater/Breck, and Wylie/Comanche. Breck is really behind the 8 ball after losing to Clyde, cause now they have to beat either Swater or Wylie to even have a shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Commanche beats Clyde, then Breck/Clyde/Commance will all be 1-3. This assumes that none of the 3 teams will beat Wylie and Sweetwater.

STANG RED
11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Commanche beats Clyde, then Breck/Clyde/Commance will all be 1-3.

I believe that is correct. Thats why week 11 would be so important.

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Comanche would still have to beat Wylie to have a shot, even if they do beat Clyde. Very doubtful any of those would happen, but you never know.

I think Breckenridge could beat Wylie and lose to Sweetwater and still not make the playoffs if Clyde beats Comanche.

If Clyde beats Comanche tomarrow night, the Breckenridge/Sweetwater game is for the third playoff spot regardless of the outcome of the Breckenridge/Wylie game.

Lobo10
11-02-2006, 01:42 PM
if all three end up at 1- 3 then ot goes to positive negativre points.
as of now

Clyde
+1 over Breck
even Comanche

Breck

+ 7 over comanche
-1 with clyde

Comanche
-7 with Breck
even with Clyde

Clyde wins they are in

Comanhce wins by less tha 14 Breck is in

Comance by 14 Comanche Goes

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that if Breckenridge were to beat Sweetwater that it woundn't matter what happened in any other game this weekend or next weekend, because they would both be 2-2 and Breckenridge would have the head to head tie breaker.

Chances of this happening? Slim and none if you ask me but that's why they play the games. I've seen stranger things happen.

EricDraven
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Hope so. Always pull for our neighbors, even if they despise us. Good group of coaches and kids.

Black_Magic
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I'm pretty sure that if Breckenridge were to beat Sweetwater that it woundn't matter what happened in any other game this weekend or next weekend, because they would both be 2-2 and Breckenridge would have the head to head tie breaker.

Chances of this happening? Slim and none if you ask me but that's why they play the games. I've seen stranger things happen. I believe the dont go with a head to head but first they go by points. THEN they go with head to head if there is still a Tie.

tigerbyheart
11-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Whenever Breckenridge and Wylie played it was usually close with no one knowing who was going to come up with the win..

The last two times they played each other in the playoffs, Breck came out the victor. In 98' 21-7, and 99' 27-10.

I think if Breck comes out playing like they can and not like they have been and avoid turnovers, they can pull out a win.

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 02:40 PM
IF clyde wins tomorrow they make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years anyone got any thoughts on this IF, lol :clap: :D

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I believe the dont go with a head to head but first they go by points. THEN they go with head to head if there is still a Tie.

If only two teams are tied, the first tie breaker is head to head.

tigerbyheart
11-02-2006, 03:17 PM
If only two teams are tied, the first tie breaker is head to head.

That is what I thought!

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
Whenever Breckenridge and Wylie played it was usually close with no one knowing who was going to come up with the win..

The last two times they played each other in the playoffs, Breck came out the victor. In 98' 21-7, and 99' 27-10.

I think if Breck comes out playing like they can and not like they have been and avoid turnovers, they can pull out a win.

Your comparing apples to oranges. It's been eight years since they have played. The seniors playing in the game were in the fourth grade. Wylies programs has come a long way in the last eight years. Breckenridge has gotten better the last couple of years but they will have to play a perfect game and hope that Wylie makes several mistakes if the Buckaroos are going to pull off the upset. I don't doubt that Breckenridge will come out fired up and start this game off with a lot of emotion, but unless they catch an early break and jump out to a 14 point lead, it will probably be a long night.

STANG RED
11-02-2006, 03:56 PM

Even if Breck happened to beat Sweetwater, Clyde will probably also be 2-2 (if they beat Comanche), and Swater beat them badly in their meeting, so Breck would probably only have to beat Swater by 2+ to get in, if they lose to Wylie this week.
Swater beat Clyde by 28
Clyde beat Breck by 1
If all three end up 2-2, points will decide who is in, and who is out, and what the seeding will be. If Break beats Swater by 2 or more, their in, and Clyde is out. If they win by 29 or more, Swater would be out, and Clyde would be back in.
Honestly, I dont know for sure if all of this is correct or not, and now it's starting to make my head hurt, so I'll just leave it at this.

mwynn05
11-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Even if Breck happened to beat Sweetwater, Clyde will probably also be 2-2 (if they beat Comanche), and Swater beat them badly in their meeting, so Breck would probably only have to beat Swater by 2+ to get in, if they lose to Wylie this week.
Swater beat Clyde by 28
Clyde beat Breck by 1
If all three end up 2-2, points will decide who is in, and who is out, and what the seeding will be. If Break beats Swater by 2 or more, their in, and Clyde is out. If they win by 29 or more, Swater would be out, and Clyde would be back in.
Honestly, I dont know for sure if all of this is correct or not, and now it's starting to make my head hurt, so I'll just leave it at this. I think there is a cap of 21 points

Sweetwater Red
11-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I think there is a cap of 21 points

.......and I think we're just playing out the string and 7-3a seeding
was set after the results of last week.

Oh yeah, I picked Clyde as our third place team after watching
the Roo's play Jim Ned in the Mustang Bowl. If we lost to
Breckenridge, we wouldn't be deserving of a play-off spot.

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Swater beat Clyde by 28
Clyde beat Breck by 1
Honestly, I dont know for sure if all of this is correct or not, and now it's starting to make my head hurt, so I'll just leave it at this.

If it is a mutliple team tie and they go to positive points, the maximum points you can earn in a single game is 14. So, Sweetwater only get +14 points for thier win over Clyde.

tigerbyheart
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Your comparing apples to oranges. It's been eight years since they have played. The seniors playing in the game were in the fourth grade. Wylies programs has come a long way in the last eight years. Breckenridge has gotten better the last couple of years but they will have to play a perfect game and hope that Wylie makes several mistakes if the Buckaroos are going to pull off the upset. I don't doubt that Breckenridge will come out fired up and start this game off with a lot of emotion, but unless they catch an early break and jump out to a 14 point lead, it will probably be a long night.

Actually I'm not comparing anything. I just note that when they do play, they usually play close. If I'm not mistaken the last time they played in regular season, Wylie won by 1 point. Breck went for 2 to win instead of going for the tie to go to OT.

As I said Breck will have to play a Great game with no turnovers to have a chance to win this game..If they do, then I think they can pull an upset..

injuredinmelee
11-02-2006, 06:06 PM
there is something wrong with a playoff system that includes Clyde, Breck, or Comanche. ITs time to go back to 2 teams from each district.

mwynn05
11-02-2006, 06:47 PM
If it is a mutliple team tie and they go to positive points, the maximum points you can earn in a single game is 14. So, Sweetwater only get +14 points for thier win over Clyde. it's 21 in some districts that idiot up there just isnt that smart i guess

STANG RED
11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
it's 21 in some districts that idiot up there just isnt that smart i guess

I guess that is just one of those things that are decided at the district meeting between the coaches every year. Some districts probably do set the number at 14, and some at 21. I'm guessing the UIL sets some kind of high and low limits, but gives the coaches the lattitude to make their final decisions, within the rules, at their district meeting. Personaly, I had rather head to head be the first tie breaker, and points used as the second, and I would guess that the majority of districts are set up this way.

mwynn05
11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I guess that is just one of those things that are decided at the district meeting between the coaches every year. Some districts probably do set the number at 14, and some at 21. I'm guessing the UIL sets some kind of high and low limits, but gives the coaches the lattitude to make their final decisions, within the rules, at their district meeting. Personaly, I had rather head to head be the first tie breaker, and points used as the second, and I would guess that the majority of districts are set up this way. yep those are the things decided at the district meeting

Texasfootball2
11-03-2006, 11:48 AM
it's 21 in some districts that idiot up there just isnt that smart i guess

Hey idiot mwynn, in district 7 3A is just happeneds to be 14 unless they changed it at the last district meeting which I guess could be possible. One thing is for sure, I doubt that and IDIOT from Denton probably has no earthly idea what the tie breakers are in district 7 3A. And there is one part of your comment that is probably true. No matter what the topic is you will probably have to "GUESS" anyway.