PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the 3A Division II State Championship!!!

bulldawg55_8
12-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Bandera Bulldogs vs. Midland Greenwood Rangers!!

Well here is the big game. I speak on half of the Bandera Football team when i say we never would have imagined us making this far, especially being a 3rd seed team. Thanks to the fans...could never ask for more spirit then ya'll. Thanks a bunch!! It has been a tough battle to state and one more test to come!

To the burnet bulldogs- In my heart i believe ya'll are the most professional high school team. Ya'll play with lots of heart and determination. Next year is ya'lls year so take it all the way. We are behind you in every aspect. Come cheer District 25-3A as we bring the championship home!

Anybody know what happened at the Greenwood/Daingerfield game with the brawl. Seems pretty classless to me but oh well. Also what is everyones thoughts on this game?

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 01:14 PM
Congrats to Bandera!! I don't EVER make predictions since I never know enough about the other team!! It should be a good game though!!

As far as the Greenwood/Daingerfield game goes - we were told/warned going in that they put on a show. They started it off by having their band march around the track before the kick-off, this subsequently pushed our cheerleaders off to the the side so we Greenwood fans could get a close-up look at the Daingerfield band.(Yippee!!)

Evidently our QB was trying to take a knee, but before he got all the way down he was charged at so he took a few steps back and was then attacked!! I don't normally slam another team - but in this case I will make an exception - their conduct was uncalled for and totally classless. I got an e-mail from a player from Gilmer (I believe) and he told me that is what Daingerfield is all about. I know this type of behavior shouldn't reflect on all of Daingerfield - but I am sorry - it does!! From everything I saw, everything I read, every interview I have watched, I can only come up with one description of them - COCKY!! Their band was cocky, their players were cocky, their coaches were cocky and their fans were cocky. For all the people who sat in their seats and just wanted to watch a game - I'm sorry for feeling like I do - but unfortunatly bad behavior overshadows good behavior.

When their QB went down with an injury - Greenwood players were the FIRST one to take a knee, when he got up Greenwood players were the FIRST to start clapping. They DID NOT deserve the attack they suffered - we have a player with an injury to his ribs for their classless act.

I have had several posts on other boards from fans apologizing for their teams conduct. That's all fine and dandy but it doesn't change the fact that it happened and we have a hurt kid because of it. I hope NEVER to see Daingerfield again!!

To Bandera - best of luck to your team. Two "Cinderella" teams playing for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - who woulda thunk it!???

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

wildstangs
12-15-2002, 01:17 PM
I know for a fact that Greenwood is good sportsman and would never do anything to provoke an attack. The Rangers are a class act, go win it all boys!

sinton66
12-15-2002, 01:28 PM
I don't know anything about Daingerfield, but I have seen behavior like this before. It does reflect badly upon a town and its people. All one can do is move on. There are some people on this rock that will always be a lost cause. Congratulations Rangers, now, take home the title!

Ranger Mom
12-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Does anyone from Bandera know a game time yet??

Bandera YaYa
12-15-2002, 10:33 PM
IT means alot to us,bulldawg55_8, that you appreciate what we try to do for ya'll. All you guys are so much fun to be around and we just want you to wim this for YOU...not for us, it's really a privilege to get to cheer for you...do you know how many fans, parents of other schools wish they were in our shoes?????So, thanks to you for giving it your all...you all make us so proud, it's kinda fun to puff our feathers out a little!!! I just want you have the best time of your life!!I know that you'll win and I know that we'll be there to watch you ...so have a great week and stay healthly and we'll meet you in Waco!!!GO DAWGS....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr