PDA

View Full Version : Decatur @ Argyle

jlwzz
11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Whats your thoughts on this game?

OldNavy
11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I think Decatur has the edge in this one, but the edge could be big if Argyle's QB, is out. I have not heard his status. Has anyone else heard?

Bigbuck
11-01-2006, 08:13 PM
If Argyle's QB plays it would be a good test for Decatur's secondary. I think Argyle's QB was all-state last year, not for sure on that, but he's pretty good anyway looking at this year's stats.

jlwzz
11-01-2006, 08:28 PM
this is the question of the game, who is going to QB for Argyle? i have been tring to find out his status, but its like finding the ol needle ina hay stack.

Decatur should win either way, but buy how much, depends on the Qb for Argyles health

OldNavy
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
I read in the Denton paper, I think, that he went out in the 2nd quarter of last weeks game with over 200 yard passing and that Argyle's star receiver is the backup quarterback. He did well but it seems to me that taking out the star quarterback and the star reciever (to play quarterback) has got to cost a team some strength.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't know about blow-out, but I think Decatur will win.

txwtlifter
11-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Argyle's QB from last year graduated.
I was told QB was injured and would'nt play Friday.
They have a couple of pretty good receivers.

APierce248
11-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Argyle's starting Qb did go down in the second quater of the game last week against Bridgeport but only after they had scored 17 points. The backup came in and they didn't score for the rest of the game. The question this week lies on both offenses. Can Decatur continue to use the great running game with Trant to set up the pass, which has worked great the whole season. Or will Argyle's offense be able to execute effeciently with or without their QB and be able to outscore Decatur's. If Argyle's number 1 QB plays, Decatur's secondary better be ready to play a great ballgame because two week ago, if i remember correctly, he put up some big numbers 20-25 for 200 and something yards. The answer to the question is Decatur Should Win. Should being the keyword. We all know that Decatur can score and score a lot if they need to but, can Argyle's offense do with or without last week's starting QB?

jlwzz
11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by txwtlifter
Argyle's QB from last year graduated.
I was told QB was injured and would'nt play Friday.
They have a couple of pretty good receivers. so is this person that told you that a reliable source? i have not seen anything other than rumors that he wont play friday night

rangerjim
11-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I would love to know too, but I'm sure Decatur's coaching staff has that info and will have Decatur prepared for either situation. There's a reason Decatur has won well over 50 games in 5 years and it starts with Coach Story (and a bunch a great kids).

jlwzz
11-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
I would love to know too, but I'm sure Decatur's coaching staff has that info and will have Decatur prepared for either situation. There's a reason Decatur has won well over 50 games in 5 years and it starts with Coach Story (and a bunch a great kids). your right about Coach Story and we are getting better each year

VWG
11-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim
I would love to know too, but I'm sure Decatur's coaching staff has that info and will have Decatur prepared for either situation. There's a reason Decatur has won well over 50 games in 5 years and it starts with Coach Story (and a bunch a great kids).

What took Story so long to start winning? He's been at Decatur longer than 5 years hasn't he?

Chief Woodman
11-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Just MHO-
The first few years was needed to get the players to believe in the system. Plus, getting the mindset instilled of extra hard work. During those years Dectaur was in District with Vernon and Graham while they were rolling, not to mention that also in district was a team that went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs despite being third in District, (Bridgeport). Decatur missed the playoffs two years in a row on tie-breakers in district. Once the player believed and had time to adopt the hader work ethic, things came around.

Then there was the QB thing. The year before Story became coach, the were three amazing 8th grade QB's in Decatur. One move to CC Calallen....Jordon Chamblis. The second string QB went to Bridigeport because he could not play QB in Decatur behind the 8th grade coaches son. That was Phillip Daurghty who move to Bridgeport. The 8th grade coach applied for the open HS job that Story got, but he did not get the job so he moved to Stephenville. His son's name is Kevin Kolb, the current starting QB for U of Houston. Thats right....Jordon Chamblis, Phillip D and K Kolb are all from Decatur. If just one of those three would have stayed success would have come much sooner.