PDA

View Full Version : District 6-3 A

Chunkthepill
11-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Someone give me the scoop on this district. Don't know much about it.

GreenMonster
11-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
Someone give me the scoop on this district. Don't know much about it. I can tell you that the three teams that will probably make the playoffs out of this district will NOT chunk the pill. They will choose to ram the football through your teeth and down your throat.

GreenMonster approves this post. :thumbsup:

coiled2strike
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
consists of...

burkburnett
graham
iowa park
vernon
wichita falls hirschi

Texasfootball2
11-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Pretty much up in the air. Burkburnette should win the district but you knows. I think all five teams still have a chance to get in. The water will be a little clearer after Friday.

srjorge
11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Burk will run through the district from here on.They will then beat any of the potential 5-3a opponents. They won't get a real test until the 2nd round.

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 01:26 PM
That will be Canyon. They may not be a good as they have been the last two years, but you better bring your A game to this one. Thier kids will show up and give you all you want come playoff time.

westcoast54
11-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by srjorge
Burk will run through the district from here on.They will then beat any of the potential 5-3a opponents. They won't get a real test until the 2nd round.

Don't count you chickens before they hatch. You were a tipped pass away from loosing to IP. You had to make a 4th quarter comeback to tie Vernon then still nearly lost at the end of regulation. You were able to kick a FG in OT. You still have to play Hirschi and Graham, they won't be easy wins. Also, your first round opponent in the playoffs will be Canyon and they are NO slouch. You also need to remember that noone on your team has any kind of playoff experience. That is important because the lights get a whole lot brighter come playoff time.

Black_Magic
11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
That will be Canyon. They may not be a good as they have been the last two years, but you better bring your A game to this one. Thier kids will show up and give you all you want come playoff time. Wonder if Burk will get help ( FILM)from teams that Canyon has done alittle dirty shal we say, to help them ...:thinking:

srjorge
11-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Canyon may be a good team but from what I hear and others have said, Burk will be to physical for the eagles to hang with. They have already proven they can beat physical teams with wins over Iowa Park and Vernon. They traditionally are as tough as they come. I still say Burk gets first test 2nd round.

westcoast54
11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Canyon may be a good team but from what I hear and others have said, Burk will be to physical for the eagles to hang with. They have already proven they can beat physical teams with wins over Iowa Park and Vernon. They traditionally are as tough as they come. I still say Burk gets first test 2nd round.

Read my last post!

Texasfootball2
11-02-2006, 03:13 PM

If Burkburnett is fortunate enough to make it to the first round they had better be very physical and at the peak of thier game, because they would get the winner of the Decatur/ Abilene Wylie game.

It's really a bummer that Canyon, Burburnett, Decatur, and Abilene Wylie are all on the same side of the brackett and Lubbock Cooper, Fort Stockton, and Andrews are all on the bottom half of the brackett. I don't think that FS,LC,or Andrews either one could hang within 20 points of any of the four teams on the bottom half of the regional brackett and one of those three mediocre teams will make it to round three, but that will be the end.

Personally, I think that the winner of the Decatur/Ab. Wylie game will meet up with Gilmer the weekend of Dec. 8th.

rangerjim
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
It's a tough bracket for sure. Decatur/Abiliene Wylie have quite a bit of history. Wylie always seems to have the mojo over Decatur. Seems like this should be a late round game instead of the first.

If Decatur survives Wylie (go Eagles), then a potential rematch with Burkburnett, with Burkburnett looking to avenge their only loss of the season.

I've got my nails chewed down already.

srjorge
11-03-2006, 10:55 AM
OK so there have been some things that have bounced the right way fo Burk. But you have to believe that you create your own luck sometimes. Maybe they are a team of destiny.They have to be confident from here on out. If they stay healthy they could make a run. Ball control offense is the best defense against some of the teams they might see like Decatur or Wylie.

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 11:10 AM

It doesn't matter how physical Burk is when Canyon spends all day in the spread. They will throw the ball more than any team that Burk is playing in district and will do it A LOT better than Graham...the only real passing team in 6-3A.

Texasfootball2
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
OK so there have been some things that have bounced the right way fo Burk. But you have to believe that you create your own luck sometimes. Maybe they are a team of destiny.They have to be confident from here on out. If they stay healthy they could make a run. Ball control offense is the best defense against some of the teams they might see like Decatur or Wylie.

Don't know what kind of offense Burkburnett runs. I have kept up with district 6 3A for most of the year, and I do believe that they are the best team in that district. Ball control offenses are usually very balanced and have the ability to make plays when they have to either on the ground or through the air. Sounds like they have made a lot of plays when they have had to, but the only way that ball control works against teams like Decatur or Wylie is to either have the lead or be one score from taking the lead. I do agree that luck happens because your kids are more prepared than your opponents kids and are in position to take advantage of the breaks as they present themselves.

Chunkthepill
11-03-2006, 11:47 AM
what is the teams canyon did wrong/dirty comment about

Texasfootball2
11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
what is the teams canyon did wrong/dirty comment about

I was wondering that myself!

DaHop72
11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I was wondering that myself! Due to not swapping film with other teams.

Chunkthepill
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
who did they not swap with

srjorge
11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
So does Graham have a chance because they throw the ball well?

Chunkthepill
11-05-2006, 09:57 PM
looks like my question about burk not winning out might have a little validity, hum

Chunkthepill
11-05-2006, 09:59 PM
correct if i'm wrong cuz i sure could be, but if graham beat burk and vernon beats IP, then burk is out.

could be totally wrong, someone with more insight give us the scoop

Chunkthepill
11-05-2006, 10:02 PM
if that is right, would that make hirsh the big school?

Chunkthepill
11-05-2006, 11:16 PM
read another post, burk is win and in, lose and out, period. They are either district champs or miss playoffs