PDA

View Full Version : Burk vs Hirsh

Chunkthepill
11-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Give your input, who will win? Heard that if Burk loses the next two, they could miss the playoffs. Any chance of that happening?

GreenMonster
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
Give your input, who will win? Heard that if Burk loses the next two, they could miss the playoffs. Any chance of that happening?

Burk will win this one. The Dogs will use that Option based offense to grind up the clock and keep the Huskies offense on the sideline. Hirschi will make too many mistakes to have a real chance at victory. Burk will not lose a district game, much less 2 in a row.

westcoast54
11-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Burk will win this one. The Dogs will use that Option based offense to grind up the clock and keep the Huskies offense on the sideline. Hirschi will make too many mistakes to have a real chance at victory. Burk will not lose a district game, much less 2 in a row.

How can you say that last part, Burk's lucky to be 2-0. Very easily could be 0-2!

Chunkthepill
11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
kinda looked like their wins were pretty close. Does Hirsh have the talent to beat them, if so, Graham always has a chance, don't they?

GreenMonster
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
How can you say that last part, Burk's lucky to be 2-0. Very easily could be 0-2! How can I say that? Easy, I have a well developed sense of what a good football team is, and Burk has a good football team this year. They do what they need to do to win football games. Against WFHS they moved the ball down the field late to put away the Coyotes. Against IP they played keep away in the 4th quarter and had a big defensive stand to force a punt with less than 5 minutes to go. Against Vernon they leaned on their QB to erase a 14 point defecit to a very good defense. Just sit back and watch, Burkburnett will win out in district play.

Chunkthepill
11-02-2006, 12:43 PM
a little testy aren't we, you have to admit that they didn't exactly waltz over the first 2 teams

GreenMonster
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
a little testy aren't we, you have to admit that they didn't exactly waltz over the first 2 teams

True, they didn't waltz over anyone. That is my point, they did all the little things right against two solid programs that are tough year in and year out. Hirschi is a weak sister, I know what their record is but they aren't a good team yet. Getting there. Graham also is decent but they are too inconsistent. Yes they did beat IP. I'll give them their due. They outplayed my Hawks. Even knowing this fact I can say that Graham isn't a play-off team. Too many question marks. They beat an Iowa Park team that was beat up. 4th string QB, secondary hodgepodged together, and a gimpy starting RB that didn't take his usuall number of snaps. They also got beat soundly by Hirschi. Burk is going to win it. IP and Vernon will battle it out in week 10 for 2nd and third. Vernon is going to beat Graham this week, Burk will beat Hirschi, and IP will get healthy for their week 10 showdown with the Lions. That is my opinion. Take it how you want to take it.