PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball playoffs (obv nf)

txkmom
11-01-2006, 09:30 AM
White Oak drops hard-fought match to Liberty-Eylau

By JOE HALE Tyler Morning Telegraph

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

MARSHALL — Down two games to Liberty-Eylau, the White Oak Ladynecks battled to keep their season alive before falling in the deciding third game, 28-26, Tuesday evening at Ornelas Gymnasium on the East Texas Baptist University campus.

It was a game of intense emotion that went back-and-forth, featuring a dozen lead changes and 19 ties before Jatoya Arnold had a kill and sophomore Lacey Middlebrooks had a serving ace to end the game and the match, sending the 16-3A Lady Leopards (26-9) ahead to the second round of the playoffs against Bullard here Thursday at 7 p.m.

It was Middlebrooks, who just moments earlier, provided a pivotal block, knotting the score at 26 to set the stage for the dramatic finish. She finished the match with 10 kills and eight blocks.

L-E won the first two games, 25-22, 25-20.

White Oak, the co-champion with Gilmer in 15-3A, concludes its season with a 29-9 record.

Kristin Secord led the Ladynecks with 11 kills. She also had two aces and a block. Emily Bybel added 10 kills and finished with four blocks. Hannah Wright had six kills and was 12-for-12 from the service line.

Natalie Cravens, a sophomore setter, led White Oak in assists with 29, and Rachel Spedowski led the way in digs with nine.

For Liberty-Eylau, Megan Taylor had 10 kills, Arnold followed with nine kills and two blocks. Haley Hardage led in assists with 35 and Hailey White collected five digs.

In Game 1, L-E started strong and led 8-1. The Lady Leopards finished strong, however, scoring 9 of the last 11 points to close things out. There were three ties and only two lead changes — the last coming with L-E leading 22-21.

Game 2 was knotted at 15-all before the Lady Leopards scored seven of the next eight points to go up 22-16. From there, the teams traded points down the stretch.

LE meets Bullard Thursday night at 7 p.m. at ETBU.

pirate4state
11-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Congrats Lady Leps!! :clap: :clap: Good Luck on Thursday!!

Phil C
11-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Sinton plays Raymondville in Falfurrias Thursday at 7 P.M. Go Lady Pirates!

I can't go to the game so someone please post updates. Go Sinton!

pirate4state
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sinton plays Raymondville in Falfurrias Thursday at 7 P.M. Go Lady Pirates!

I can't go to the game so someone please post updates. Go Sinton! Thanks for letting us know!! :) If I decide to go I'll keep you posted.