PDA

View Full Version : Rio Hondo Bobcats

RGVCat25
11-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Maybe some folks have heard of 'em, maybe some folks haven't.

They are looking to repeat as district champs this week and next week....possibly even going undefeated in almost 42 years.

Anyway, I'm gonna say their gonna make a good run in the playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
It's good to finally see Rio Hondo playing up to their true potential. I always knew the talent was there, the only thing missing was the coaching, which Rio Hondo has now.

Keep up the good work, Bobcats. (except against my Tarpons, of course)

Hopefully Rio Hondo can start doing what Port Isabel has done for years......make consistent deep playoff runs, and who knows....maybe a Port Isabel vs. Rio Hondo state quarterfinal? Wouldn't that be something? You know the RGV media would be all over that. LOL

99IHSMustang
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
I was hoping that Rio Hondo would go D1 to possibly see a rematch against my Mustangs, but that doesn't look like its going to happen.

Johnny 5
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I was hoping that Rio Hondo would go D1 to possibly see a rematch against my Mustangs, but that doesn't look like its going to happen.

So were the RH fans and players. :D Some players even had that as one of their goals this year.

Texasfootball2
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM
D1 would have been a blessing. If you go D2 you will have to go through Cuero and Wimberely. Reg. IV D2 may be the toughest road of any region. Good Luck Rio Hondo!

raider red 2000
11-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
D1 would have been a blessing. If you go D2 you will have to go through Cuero and Wimberely. Reg. IV D2 may be the toughest road of any region. Good Luck Rio Hondo!

Div 2 in reg 3 might be as tough.

Giddings, WO Stark, Liberty Hill.

ol country boy
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
So were the RH fans and players. :D Some players even had that as one of their goals this year.

Why did they want to play them again? Do they feel like they were robbed or something? If I recall, I think they got beat by a pretty good team.

Johnny 5
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Why did they want to play them again? Do they feel like they were robbed or something? If I recall, I think they got beat by a pretty good team.

Yes, RH got beat by a good team, but was able to stay in almost until the end. I think they want revenge :D. This years Bobcats is the same team as last year . . . on steroids

Ray_BearKat
11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes, RH got beat by a good team, but was able to stay in almost until the end. I think they want revenge :D. This years Bobcats is the same team as last year . . . on steroids

um i wouldn't be advertising that they're on roids...lol :D:p

99IHSMustang
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat

You stole the words out of my mouth.

wimbo_pro
11-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Region 3 (D2) DEFINITELY has a deeper lineup of teams. Giddings, Liberty Hill, WOS, Hutto, all in Massey's top 10...not to mention a possible sleeper coming from deeper in the ratings. Region 4 (D2) has 2 teams (Cuero and Wimberley) in the top 10, then you have to go WAYYYY deep in the ratings to find another team.

IHStangFan
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Region 3 (D2) DEFINITELY has a deeper lineup of teams. Giddings, Liberty Hill, WOS, Hutto, all in Massey's top 10...not to mention a possible sleeper coming from deeper in the ratings. Region 4 (D2) has 2 teams (Cuero and Wimberley) in the top 10, then you have to go WAYYYY deep in the ratings to find another team. true true...but I'm going to have to go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking.....Massey's power ratings are going to mean absolutely jack squat come playoff time.

Johnny 5
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM

Figuratively speaking! lol . . . I thought that you guys would have figured that out. I am stupid, but that not that stupid

wimbo_pro
11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah IHStangs...we all know ratings, rankings, polls are all forgotten once the ball is in play...but I will bet you now both 3A champs will come from the Massey top 10 as it stands today. Maybe even the top 5.

Ray_BearKat
11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Figuratively speaking! lol . . . I thought that you guys would have figured that out. I am stupid, but that not that stupid

Oh we're not stupid...you just set that one up perfectly. Couldn't of asked for a better one...:D

Johnny 5
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh we're not stupid...you just set that one up perfectly. Couldn't of asked for a better one...:D

I know :( I was debating on whether I should at that figuratively or not . . . guess I should have. :D

IHStangFan
11-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yeah IHStangs...we all know ratings, rankings, polls are all forgotten once the ball is in play...but I will bet you now both 3A champs will come from the Massey top 10 as it stands today. Maybe even the top 5. very possible, I wont deny that at all, but in saying that....the Massey ratings, the way I see it are only fairly accurate up at the top..once you go below the top 5 or so. I think its pretty easy to pick out the top 3 to 5 teams in 3A football..from there is when it gets more gray and unclear.