PDA

View Full Version : You make the call

whtfbplaya
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Ok fans, I had two interesting plays in an 8th grade game tonight.
Don't answer if you know them for sure.

Play 1 PAT try, kick blocked by B and picked up on the 6 and run in to the endzone by A. ???

Play 2 Punt from A's 40. block in the back by B at B's 35, Personal Foul facemask by A at B's 45 run ends at B's 45, Unsportsman like on B after ball dead???

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2006, 12:15 AM
confused..u want us to answer if we know or dont answer?

injuredinmelee
11-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Play 1: Two points for team a

Play 2: march off all 3 penalties?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya

Play 1 PAT try, kick blocked by B and picked up on the 6 and run in to the endzone by A. ???

Play 2 Punt from A's 40. block in the back by B at B's 35, Personal Foul facemask by A at B's 45 run ends at B's 45, Unsportsman like on B after ball dead???

I think that once the team kicks the ball and it crosses the line of scrimmage, it is out of play for the kicking team, but not certain. The facemask and the illegal block in the back cancel each other out, and the dead ball foul will be assessed to the end of the run.

Bulldog_12
11-01-2006, 12:26 AM
n/m
Im an idiot

dogdad
11-01-2006, 12:47 AM
1. 2 points for A
2. walk off dead ball foul, the other 2 penalties off set.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Play 1: 1 pt for team A

Underwater Basketweaver
11-01-2006, 07:52 AM

Play 1- 1 pt. for Team A

Play 2- 1st and Ten for Team A at Team B's 45. The block in the back and facemask offset, so you replay the down, but the unsportsmanlike is marked off and gives Team A the first down at Team B's 45.

CenTexSports
11-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Post scrimmage kick enforcement (I think)

#2 Team B declines the facemask penalty. Team A accepts both penalties and both are marked off (10 + 15). Team B's ball 1st and ten at B's 20 yard line.

On #1 I assume that the ball never crossed the neutral zone. If not 1 point.

raider red 2000
11-01-2006, 08:50 AM
what and when do we get the right answer :)

My guess

#1 - 1 point for kicking team.

#2- B's ball on their 30.

whtfbplaya
11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Post scrimmage kick enforcement (I think)

#2 Team B declines the facemask penalty. Team A accepts both penalties and both are marked off (10 + 15). Team B's ball 1st and ten at B's 20 yard line.

Best so far.

But the ball will be at the 12.5 1st and 10

On the first one it is 2 pts.

kaorder1999
11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
It is two points . On a FG or PAT either can advance it from behind the 3 for a TD (on FG Attempt) or a two point conversion. Only on a FG can the opposing team advance it when it crosses the LOS. On a PAT it is dead when it crosses the LOS.

whtfbplaya
11-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
It is two points . On a FG or PAT either can advance it from behind the 3 for a TD (on FG Attempt) or a two point conversion. Only on a FG can the opposing team advance it when it crosses the LOS. On a PAT it is dead when it crosses the LOS.

Not true, the ball is not dead when it crosses the LOS.

kaorder1999
11-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Not true, the ball is not dead when it crosses the LOS.

it IS DEAD on a PAT. If the ball is blocked and it goes past the LOS before it is recovered by either team it is DEAD

whtfbplaya
11-01-2006, 09:57 AM
it IS DEAD on a PAT. If the ball is blocked and it goes past the LOS before it is recovered by either team is is DEAD

Look it up and post the rule, I dont have a book on me.

kaorder1999
11-01-2006, 10:12 AM
8-3-2 Iv

ON A ONE POINT TRY ATTEMPT, TEAMa'S KICK IS BLOCKED. A2 PICKS UP THE BALL BEYOND THE NEUTRAL ZONE IN THE FIELD OF PLAY. RULING: THE BALL IS DEAD WHERE PICKED UP BY A2. THE TRY IS OVER

8-3-2 III.

ON A ONE POINT TRY ATTEMPT, B2 BLOCKS A1'S KICK. THE BALL, WHICH DID NOT CROSS THE NEUTRAL ZONE, IS PICKED UP BY A2 AND HE ADVANCES THE BALL ACROSS TEAM B'S GOAL LINE. RULING: aWARD TEAM A TWO POINTS

whtfbplaya
11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
8-3-2 Iv

ON A ONE POINT TRY ATTEMPT, TEAMa'S KICK IS BLOCKED. A2 PICKS UP THE BALL BEYOND THE NEUTRAL ZONE IN THE FIELD OF PLAY. RULING: THE BALL IS DEAD WHERE PICKED UP BY A2. THE TRY IS OVER

8-3-2 III.

ON A ONE POINT TRY ATTEMPT, B2 BLOCKS A1'S KICK. THE BALL, WHICH DID NOT CROSS THE NEUTRAL ZONE, IS PICKED UP BY A2 AND HE ADVANCES THE BALL ACROSS TEAM B'S GOAL LINE. RULING: aWARD TEAM A TWO POINTS

What I am saying is that team B can advance it, even if it does cross the LOS, as long as it does not land in the endzone untouched.

kaorder1999
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
YOU COULD BE RIGHT. AS LONG AS IT DOESNT GET TO THE EZ. BUT THE KICKING TEAM CANNOT RECOVER IT BEYOND THE LOS AND ADVANCE IT. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE BLOCKING TEAM. I HAVE ALREADY CLOSED THE RULE BOOK.

GATAPride77
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM
#1 Score 2 points for the kicking team. Ball never crossed NZ kicking team can advance.

#2 Not enough info but...

Assume the line to gain was less than 15 for the offense. Team B got the ball with "clean hands" Team B will decline offsetting fouls which means decline Team A face mask foul and team B will be penalized 10 yds from the 35 for the Block in the back putting the ball at the 25. Then half the distance to the 12.5 for the dead ball unsportsmanlike. Team B ball 1/10 @ B 12.5

OR

If the line to gain was over 15 yards... Team B will accept offsetting fouls and the 15 yards for the unsportsmanklike will be enforced from the previous spot making it 4th down and ?? to go.l

fireman1
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Play #1
if the ball crossed the LOS and the kicking team recovers the ball the play is dead, but if the ball did not cross the LOS then the ball is still live and the kicking team can attempt to make it to the EZ for 2pts.

Play #2
the facemask and the block in the back offset and the dead ball foul is assessed at the end of the play

zeus63
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
#1 - 2 points for team A

#2 - you have 3 spot fouls, 2 of which occurred during the play (can't march off yardage from 2 different spots, offsetting penalties), dead ball foul march off 15 yards from te spot

GreenMonster
11-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Play 1: Two points for team a

Play 2: march off all 3 penalties?

Play 1: No points for team A, only the defense can advance a blocked KICK.

Play 2: first 2 offset and the dead ball foul is marked off.

whtfbplaya
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by GATAPride77
#1 Score 2 points for the kicking team. Ball never crossed NZ kicking team can advance.

#2 Not enough info but...

Assume the line to gain was less than 15 for the offense. Team B got the ball with "clean hands" Team B will decline offsetting fouls which means decline Team A face mask foul and team B will be penalized 10 yds from the 35 for the Block in the back putting the ball at the 25. Then half the distance to the 12.5 for the dead ball unsportsmanlike. Team B ball 1/10 @ B 12.5

OR

If the line to gain was over 15 yards... Team B will accept offsetting fouls and the 15 yards for the unsportsmanklike will be enforced from the previous spot making it 4th down and ?? to go.l

These are right, it was 4th and 10 FYI.

kaorder1999
11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Play 1: No points for team A, only the defense can advance a blocked KICK.

Play 2: first 2 offset and the dead ball foul is marked off.

why would you say that for Play one? I had already posted the Rule...

8-3-2 III.

GreenMonster
11-01-2006, 12:10 PM
why would you say that for Play one? I had already posted the Rule...

8-3-2 III.

Ahhhhh, yes. This is what happens when you post prior to reading the thread lol. I did read it after the fact and I was too lazy to go edit lol.

kaorder1999
11-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ahhhhh, yes. This is what happens when you post prior to reading the thread lol. I did read it after the fact and I was too lazy to go edit lol.

haha....just trying to give you a hard time!

GreenMonster
11-01-2006, 12:22 PM
haha....just trying to give you a hard time!

It's good to be the sucker every once in a while. Keeps a man grounded. lol

JasonTX
11-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Play 1 is 2 pts. for Team A for scoring a TD on a Try.

Play 2 needs some more info. When did the block in the back occur in relation to the kick ending? Where did the kick end? I'll answer as if the block occurred during the running play. Since Team B got the ball "clean hands" they will keep the ball. Team B has the option to choose to offset the live ball fouls. The dead ball foul would then be enforced at the previous spot. It's unlikely they'll do that. Team B WILL choose to decline the facemask, and then Team A will accecpt the penalty for the block in the back. This moves the ball 10 yards to the B-25. The 15 yard unsportsmanlike will be enforced half the distance. This makes 1st and 10 Team B at the B 12 1/2.

Had the wrong yard line.. originally put 7 1/2.. corrected to 12 1/2.

Old Tiger
11-01-2006, 01:06 PM

Play 2 - the blcok and the back and the face mask penalties offset but the Unsportsman like conduct is marked off.

JasonTX
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Play 2 - the blcok and the back and the face mask penalties offset but the Unsportsman like conduct is marked off.

In this play, Team B has the choice. They'll most likely choose to do as I posted in my reply above. This is found in rule 10-1-4 exception 1.

When there is a change of team possession during a down or at the end of a down by rule, the team last gaining possession may decline offsetting fouls and therby retain possession after completion of the penalty for its infraction if it had not fouled before last gaining possession.

In officiating terms, we call this "clean hands"

GATAPride77
11-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Jason half of 25 is 12.5, see my post above. I am sure a good wing man would catch this before your umpire marked it off in a real game;)

JasonTX
11-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by GATAPride77
Jason half of 25 is 12.5, see my post above. I am sure a good wing man would catch this before your umpire marked it off in a real game;)

Yes, I went back and corrected it even before reading your post.