PDA

View Full Version : How Tough Is Splendora ?

tigerdad
10-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Anybody know there record? or if they have played anybody? i heard that silsbee may have them in the first round of play-offs so i was just trying to find out some info on them ?

pantherpop
10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
They just beat us Friday pretty much by just running up the middle. Offensive line manhandled us all night and they play for the most part mistake free.

tigerdad
10-31-2006, 09:50 PM
do they have alot of size,speed etc. do they have alot of dept?

daddy02
10-31-2006, 10:35 PM
very tough group, there is no quit in them, it looks like they struggled early but have started playing better lately.

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:09 PM
they are big up front, and a run it down your throat play after play gaining 3, 5, 4, 7 yards at a time team with a big back field.
#33 is big, runs the ball head up and will more than likely be lead blocking for the RB wherever the run play is going, i can't really remember anything else

tigerdad
10-31-2006, 11:46 PM
sounds like it would be a good game, it sounds like they play alot like silsbee does and we have a VERY LARGE line on o-fense and d-fense and we run the ball up the middle too !!!!!!!!!!

griff
11-01-2006, 08:53 AM
tigerdad, Splendora reminds me of the Vidor teams in the 70's and 80's. They almost exclusively run the ball up the gut. Silsbee has more speed and big play capability. If they resort back to turning over the ball as they've done through most of the season, they may not win. Splendora does not turn over the ball. Splendora is a team that has traditionally been terrible, but the last two years they have shown steady improvement. They will eventually be a 4A team, as that community is growing.

If Silsbee protects the ball, they win.

tigerdad
11-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the info, for the past two years we have had palestine right out of the gate so im excited if we get someone else other than them !!! but i have heard that palestine aint all that this year??

Gsquared
11-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
Thanks for the info, for the past two years we have had palestine right out of the gate so im excited if we get someone else other than them !!! but i have heard that palestine aint all that this year??
I saw Palestine earlier this year, they arent bad. Pretty quick but the line isnt all that great on the offensive side of the ball. Game I saw, Linemen couldnt get to the Linebackers. Quick defense though

tigerdad
11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Silsbee has alot of size on both sides of the ball and alot of speed in the backfield, if we have to face them this will be our best shot at eating them !!!!