PDA

View Full Version : Bbde - I'm Calling You Out !!!!

Milk That Cow
10-31-2006, 06:21 PM
It's The Biggest Game Of The Year
It's The Last Game Of The Year
It's The Last Game Most Seniors Will Ever Play Again FOREVER

It's For "The Bell"
It's The Milam County Super Bowl
It's To Ruin The Preseason #5 Team in The State's Season

It's For Momma
It's For Daddy
It's For All Those Rockdale Tiger Fans Who Have Been On The Losing End of The Scoreboard Twenty Times in the Last Twenty Five Years...

It's For Pride
It's For Redemption
It's For Football Salvation

Coach Miller Asks You To Come Across The River and Give The Blue And Gold Some "Pre-Game Motivation"

Tell Me

What Ya Got...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
It's The Biggest Game Of The Year
It's The Last Game Of The Year
It's The Last Game Most Seniors Will Ever Play Again FOREVER

It's For "The Bell"
It's The Milam County Super Bowl
It's To Ruin The Preseason #5 Team in The State's Season

It's For Momma
It's For Daddy
It's For All Those Rockdale Tiger Fans Who Have Been On The Losing End of The Scoreboard Twenty Times in the Last Twenty Five Years...

It's For Pride
It's For Redemption
It's For Football Salvation

Coach Miller Asks You To Come Across The River and Give The Blue And Gold Some "Pre-Game Motivation"

Tell Me

What Ya Got...

This is going to be directed to the seniors and the juniors on the team. One year ago, I was sitting in the same spot that you were, at a crossroads, in this same very room. I was in perhaps a better position that most of you are, there were two games left for me, but if we were to lose that game, our season would be over. Many of you guys were in that room with me and lived that same experience, but this time, the stakes are higher. For many of you, there is no next year, and for those of you who do have a next year, you should consider yourselves very blessed. Last year, the outcome of the game was not what none of us had wanted or had worked for or dreamed for, it meant that our season was over after the next game. Well, for many of you, if you lose, you are guaranteed that this IS your last game. A 17 point spread is what many people who said is impossible, but I don't believe that impossible belongs on the football field. This game is it, it is the culmination of everything that you have worked for and dreamed of for most of your lives. You can either play your hardest and hold your head high, regardless of the score, and be proud of the way you played your last game, or you can linger in the fact that you had a less than spectacular season and end it in disappointment. Underclassmen, I want you to look in the eyes of your senior teammates, and know that in the not too distant future, that will be you. Be true to each other and to yourselves. There is still a chance that the future of this team can last beyond this single game, it all depends on how bad you want it. Everything is there, you just have to find it in yourselves to make the most of the opportunity placed in front of you. Regardless of the outcome, be proud of what you have done this season and all of your years that you have been playing. Make the memories now that you want to carry with you for the rest of your life, and remember, Tiger Pride never dies.

Gobbla2001
10-31-2006, 08:45 PM
can you give a speech like that to Cuero before the other team tries for a game-winning field-goal deep in the playoffs?

I'll pay you???

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
:clap: :cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
can you give a speech like that to Cuero before the other team tries for a game-winning field-goal deep in the playoffs?

I'll pay you???

Well, only because my cousin plays for Cuero.

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Good teams dont need speaches like that.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear

Vince Lombardi gave his team several speeches, and look at how well they did.

LHMom
10-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear

Since I never played football, I am basing this on input from my 4 brothers, husband and 2 sons that did. It may not be a speech before a game, but you do have to have it at some point to create the desire and motivation.

And I also think BBDE makes a great point about just taking it all in and enjoying the moment. My kids talk about every little detail that they remember... Great speech, BBDE.

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Senior football season goes by fast : /

LHMom
10-31-2006, 11:23 PM
You a senior, DTown?

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:27 PM
yep---'07' Class Pride--- but yea i can't believe I am a senior now, I always couldn't wait for this year to come but now that it's here I get to thinking, this is the last year I will play for this team

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 11:28 PM
It's even shorter if you're team doesn't go to playoffs your senior year :(

LHMom
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
AAaahhh... I know it sure goes by fast for a mom. My oldest went 3 rounds in the playoffs his senior year. My youngest missed most of his due to a torn ACL, but delayed surgery until season was over so that he could put on the cleats and play "just one more time." He was fortuante that they went 4 rounds last year so he got quite a few games in. That injury and what we thought was the end for him in September really made us realize just how special it is. He did get to play again and we cherished every moment.

Enjoy the rest of the season and your senior year, DTown, and all the other seniors out there.

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It's even shorter if you're team doesn't go to playoffs your senior year :(

yea, but i don't wanna even think of my senior year being like that so to all our underclassmen ( since i know you are reading this during class) football players, Lets get it done

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by DTownJack88
yea, but i don't wanna even think of my senior year being like that so to all our underclassmen ( since i know you are reading this during class) football players, Lets get it done

Soak it in, you'll miss it more than you will ever know when it's gone.

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
AAaahhh... I know it sure goes by fast for a mom. My oldest went 3 rounds in the playoffs his senior year. My youngest missed most of his due to a torn ACL, but delayed surgery until season was over so that he could put on the cleats and play "just one more time." He was fortuante that they went 4 rounds last year so he got quite a few games in. That injury and what we thought was the end for him in September really made us realize just how special it is. He did get to play again and we cherished every moment.

Enjoy the rest of the season and your senior year, DTown, and all the other seniors out there.

Yea, i don't know about anything that bad, but i had to sit out a game and a half this year, and it killed me just sitting on the sideline

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 11:41 PM
I severely sprained my ankle against Taylor last year in the second quarter taped it up. Went ot the locker room at half re-taped it and finished the second half. Woke up the next morning barely could walk on it. By barely could walk I mean hardly any weight at all on the ankle. Missed 3 days of practice and took a ton of mental reps. Started the next week against Hutto and did well on the bummed ankle. Gotta play through pain is the moral of that story.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
I severely sprained my ankle against Taylor last year in the second quarter taped it up. Went ot the locker room at half re-taped it and finished the second half. Woke up the next morning barely could walk on it. By barely could walk I mean hardly any weight at all on the ankle. Missed 3 days of practice and took a ton of mental reps. Started the next week against Hutto and did well on the bummed ankle. Gotta play through pain is the moral of that story.

You're a motivational beacon to all, Casey.

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Yea...I have plenty of motivational stuff to say I just choose not to say it.

The best speech I ever gotten was by Joel Holden and a guy who ran the 300 hurdles. Moral of that story is he fell on the last hurdle and got up and won by the hair on his tit! THE HAIR ON HIS TIT! lol Remember that one gary?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Yea...I have plenty of motivational stuff to say I just choose not to say it.

The best speech I ever gotten was by Joel Holden and a guy who ran the 300 hurdles. Moral of that story is he fell on the last hurdle and got up and won by the hair on his tit! THE HAIR ON HIS TIT! lol Remember that one gary?

Hahahaha, yeah, how could I forget? :clap:

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:49 PM

Thats when adrenalin kicks in for me, i dont feel a thing..until about 1 hour after the game