PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia vs Louisville- A bet for Aaron (merged)

TheDOCTORdre
10-31-2006, 04:29 PM
WEll Aarron I've heard you talk all year long about WV and how they deserve to play in the NC and well here they can gain a little respect from me this Thursday if they can beat Louisville. So I am offering a bet on the outcome of this game, I am not much into betting money since I do not have money to throw around so how about a signature bet on the game, specific terms can be discussed later if you do accept. A nice little family fun bet is all I'm proposing. Will you accept?

g$$
11-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Cold weather expected, game is at Louisville Thurs. night on ESPN. Who, score, & why?

I have to go w/ West Va & their running game. Lots of speed on both sides of the ball. Pat White will have to throw it enough to complement their vaunted ground attack w/ White & Steve Slaton. Louisville has some key injuries & suspensions too, & stud RB Bush is out for year.

West Va 27
Louisville 21

**Louisville QB Brian Brohm is an NFL prospect too
**This game will greatly affect the BCS ratings & the NC later
**I think a Louisville win helps Texas & other 1 loss teams more (b/c road win for WVU, higher in BCS currently, would put them in driver's seat, etc. leading up to Ohio State / Michigan)
**Rutgers can still be a spoiler for both teams.

eagles_victory
11-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
[B
**Rutgers can still be a spoiler for both teams. [/B] pitt also there flying under the radar only like two losses i think

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I think that both teams are...oh, what do you call it....overrated?

g$$
11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Time will tell.

I like WVU a lot.

We'll see I guess...

Old Tiger
11-01-2006, 08:13 PM
I hope it snows!!!! :D

My pick;
Louisville - 30
West Virginia 21

Urutia(spelling?) will be the difference in this game.

bulldogman06
11-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Id take Louisville if they had all their stars healthy

Gsquared
11-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Predictions?? Bet this is the biggest football game to EVER be played on Kentucky soil.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 08:52 AM
WV by 10.

huge game. winning team will probably be playing the winner of the michigan OSU game for the national championship.

i wish i could record it to watch it later....i have to work tonite.

kaorder1999
11-02-2006, 09:08 AM
wow...that is a huge game. I still dont think the winner is guaranteed to play in the National Championship though.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
wow...that is a huge game. I still dont think the winner is guaranteed to play in the National Championship though.

i think that if the winner dosnt get to play in the NAt'l championship it will prove that the NCAA has decided that money is more important than doing what is right.

I believe that if these teams win out then they should be in, but TEXAS or Florida or Auburn might jump them because of the crowds that they can bring.

I am not sure how many WV and Louisville fans are out there....but I would bet that there is more UT fans in Texas than there are WV and Louisville fans in the whole country.

kaorder1999
11-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i think that if the winner dosnt get to play in the NAt'l championship it will prove that the NCAA has decided that money is more important than doing what is right.

you hit the nail on the head!

cats2151
11-02-2006, 09:20 AM
I think wv will win and go to the title game and shock the world and win it all!

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
and that is sad.

because I love college football.

i cant stand pro sports because of the money factor....i know that money runs college football too, but it isnt as bad as the pros.

3afan
11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
I believe that if these teams win out then they should be in, but TEXAS or Florida or Auburn might jump them because of the crowds that they can bring.

what? "crowds" are not a part of the BCS formula .....

the NC title game willl sell out no matter who is playing

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by cats2151
I think wv will win and go to the title game and shock the world and win it all!

i could go for that.

the sad thing as a TECH fan...is that Rich Rodriguez....the HC at West VA was offered the job at TECH, but turned it down....LEACH was then offered the job.

Leach has done a good job at TECH. He has helped to get TECH on the national map, but look what Rodriguez has done in 1 less year.

I am a Rich Rodriguez fan....he had a chance to coach at his Alma Mater and has done well.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
what? "crowds" are not a part of the BCS formula .....

the NC title game willl sell out no matter who is playing

I know that the game will sell out.

I was thinking about TV.

What game sounds better to most people:

UT vs Michigan

or

Louisville and Michigan

????

do you think that TV and Advertising money has nothing to do with it????

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 09:30 AM

The winner of this game is guaranteed absolutely nothing.
What happens if Rutgers beats the winner? Should Rutgers then be in the NC game? Boise State still unbeaten also. Why wouldn't they play in the NC game?
Let the season play out before you start your conspiracy theories.

By the way, I think WV will win this game and if they win out, yes they should be in nc title game

Gsquared
11-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
What happens if Rutgers beats the winner? Should Rutgers then be in the NC game? Boise State still unbeaten also. Why wouldn't they play in the NC game?

By the way, I think WV will win this game and if they win out, yes they should be in nc title game
Your right, I think Rutgers could take a bite out of both of them. I think it is far more likely that a one loss SEC team might sneak in first.

3afan
11-02-2006, 09:36 AM
do you think that TV and Advertising money has nothing to do with it????

with who plays in the title game? no - that absolutely has nothing to do with it ...

do you think the NCAA manipulates the BCS standings to get the teams they want in order to make the maximum $s ?

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:38 AM

you are right about Rutgers. there is alot of football to be played.

what is wrong with conspiracy theories????

sometimes they are more than just theories :)

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
This is one of the biggest games not to get publicity.

3afan
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
its getting pub on ESPN & ABC ---- why should the other networks promo a game on a rival network?

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
with who plays in the title game? no - that absolutely has nothing to do with it ...

do you think the NCAA manipulates the BCS standings to get the teams they want in order to make the maximum $s ?

i think that money plays a bigger part than you care to believe.

i am not saying that the whole thing is rigged....that is the NBA :)

but yes I think that TV has some influence on the sportswriters who vote.

who do you think signs the sportswriters checks at the end of the day?????

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 09:42 AM
its getting pub on ESPN & ABC ---- why should the other networks promo a game on a rival network? It's not as much publicity as the Miami/FSU game. Hell that game was a big deal for no reason.

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 09:43 AM
you are right about Rutgers. there is alot of football to be played.

what is wrong with conspiracy theories????

sometimes they are more than just theories :)

Conspiracy theories make excellent movies also.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Conspiracy theories make excellent movies also.

yes they do.

i just hope that it is a good game.

3afan
11-02-2006, 09:48 AM
i think that money plays a bigger part than you care to believe.

i am not saying that the whole thing is rigged....that is the NBA :)

but yes I think that TV has some influence on the sportswriters who vote.

who do you think signs the sportswriters checks at the end of the day?????

what? what does "who pays the sportswriters" have anything do do with the BCS standings? that makes no sense IMO. Why would "TV has some influence on the sportswriters who vote."?

The NCAA makes its money from CBS during March Madness ... anything they make for NC game rights is chump change.

IMO you're promoting a "conspiracy theory" thats just not there ....

BUT IT DOES MAKE INTERESTING CONVERSATION - DOESN'T IT?

wedo
11-02-2006, 09:49 AM

I am not sure how many WV and Louisville fans are out there....but I would bet that there is more UT fans in Texas than there are WV and Louisville fans in the whole country.

Doing what is right? Neither team has beat anybody worth beating! Louiville beat a very unimpressive Miami team and WV has played teams from the Sun Belt Conference. Almost everyone would be undefeated if they played a schedule like that. IF a team with one loss jumps them then so be it they should have played a tougher non conf. schedule IMO. And im not just saying that either b/c im a texas fan. If Texas would have played Army instead of tOSU they would be undefeated but unworthy of NC game appearance!!

But in this game im taking Louiville by 6 ! Louiville will stack the box and force WV to throw which is something they struggle with !! And then i think Louiville loses to Rutgers !!

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Doing what is right? Neither team has beat anybody worth beating! Louiville beat a very unimpressive Miami team and WV has played teams from the Sun Belt Conference. Almost everyone would be undefeated if they played a schedule like that. IF a team with one loss jumps them then so be it they should have played a tougher non conf. schedule IMO. And im not just saying that either b/c im a texas fan. If Texas would have played Army instead of tOSU they would be undefeated but unworthy of NC game appearance!! WV and Louisville are good. It's a fact, not an opinion.

On a side note...

Louisville 30
WV 18

How well Louisville does will depend on Brohm and Urutia(spelling?)

wedo
11-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
WV and Louisville are good. It's a fact, not an opinion.

On a side note...

Louisville 30
WV 18

How well Louisville does will depend on Brohm and Urutia(spelling?)

good but not great just my opinion!! If WV or Louiville get the tiitle game against tOSU or Michigan I think it will be a blow out! Niether team can hang with that kind of power!

3afan
11-02-2006, 09:54 AM
i think WV or UL can absolutely hang with anyone in the country .......

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 09:58 AM
How many teams are great? Not many...

These are great teams;
'01 Miami
'05 Texas
'95 Nebraska
'99 Florida State
'04 USC

Those are considered great teams. Good teams are what is in the NCAA now. There is no single 'great' team in the NCAA this year.

wedo
11-02-2006, 10:00 AM

Michigan's run game will blow WV's 3 man front off the ball ! Hart would have like 225 yards and tOSU will do the same thing! tOSU and Michigan will put 7 in the box against WV's spread running attack b/c they have the secondary to do and that will force WV to pass ! something they haven't had to do all year b/c they play teams from the Sun Belt conf.

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Michigan's run game will blow WV's 3 man front off the ball ! Hart would have like 225 yards and tOSU will do the same thing! tOSU and Michigan will put 7 in the box against WV's spread running attack b/c they have the secondary to do and that will force WV to pass ! something they haven't had to do all year b/c they play teams from the Sun Belt conf. You might not watch many of the WV games but Pat White has an arm and can make big throws.

wedo
11-02-2006, 10:02 AM

These are great teams;
'01 Miami
'05 Texas
'95 Nebraska
'99 Florida State
'04 USC

Those are considered great teams. Good teams are what is in the NCAA now. There is no single 'great' team in the NCAA this year.

tOSU has not struggled with anyone. And they will win it all so they will be considered great by the end of the year and they will have a heisman winner !!!

wedo
11-02-2006, 10:02 AM
You might not watch many of the WV games but Pat White has an arm and can make big throws.

Look at his stats at the one team that forced him to throw which was East Carolina !!

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Every team has an off game:rolleyes:

Why are you hating on them so bad? Are you jealous because they are ahead of Texas or something? I'm a huge Texas fan you knwo that but they deserve to be where they are ranked. Just think realistically.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 10:06 AM
what? what does "who pays the sportswriters" have anything do do with the BCS standings? that makes no sense IMO. Why would "TV has some influence on the sportswriters who vote."?

The NCAA makes its money from CBS during March Madness ... anything they make for NC game rights is chump change.

IMO you're promoting a "conspiracy theory" thats just not there ....

BUT IT DOES MAKE INTERESTING CONVERSATION - DOESN'T IT?

how does the BCS work- it looks at polls
who votes in the AP poll....sports writers
Who pays the sports writers....the networks
Who profits from high ratings....the networks.

does that make any sence????

BUT IT DOES MAKE INTERESTING CONVERSATION - DOESN'T IT? [/B][/QUOTE]

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Money talks

BTEXDAD
11-02-2006, 10:08 AM

These are great teams;
'01 Miami
'05 Texas
'95 Nebraska
'99 Florida State
'04 USC

You can add the 1939 Aggies to that mix.

wedo
11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Every team has an off game:rolleyes:

Why are you hating on them so bad? Are you jealous because they are ahead of Texas or something? I'm a huge Texas fan you knwo that but they deserve to be where they are ranked. Just think realistically.

I just don't think thay have played anyone yet! Its not that i hate them. If they were in another conf. they would have a loss already just like all the other teams! They don't challenge themselves by playing cupcakes thats all im saying! WV secondary is the weak point of that defense and untill Pat White proves he is a legit passer tOSU or Michigan will blow them out especially when Michigan get Mario Manningham back !! Just MY opinion!

Tiger WR keep arguing with me so it can get to 1,000 post today!!

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 10:09 AM
You can add the 1939 Aggies to that mix. ahhh the last great aggie team :doh:

:p :D

big daddy russ
11-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I agree completely. Louisville's been blowing out oppoenents without their two best players (QB Brohm and RB Bush), and now they have Brohm back. He looks good and he's had a couple of weeks to rest up, so this should be a great game

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I just don't think thay have played anyone yet! Its not that i hate them. If they were in another conf. they would have a loss already just like all the other teams! They don't challenge themselves by playing cupcakes thats all im saying! WV secondary is the weak point of that defense and untill Pat White proves he is a legit passer tOSU or Michigan will blow them out especially when Michigan get Mario Manningham back !! Just MY opinion What constitutes that they would have a loss in another conference. The big east conference has 3 undefeated teams. Rutgers, Louisville, and WV all of whom are good organizations. You realistically can't determine that they would lose in another conference. Below is an if statement...

IF your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
You can add the 1939 Aggies to that mix.

I wish TECH had a great team....even if it was lik 70 years ago.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 10:14 AM

IF your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. [/B]

that is funny.

I have heard that:

If IFs and Buts were candy and nuts then we would all have a merry Christmas :)

wedo
11-02-2006, 10:25 AM
What constitutes that they would have a loss in another conference. The big east conference has 3 undefeated teams. Rutgers, Louisville, and WV all of whom are good organizations. You realistically can't determine that they would lose in another conference. Below is an if statement...

IF

They have three undeafeated teams b/c those teams haven't played anyone and they have played each other yet !

3afan
11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
how does the BCS work- it looks at polls
who votes in the AP poll....sports writers
Who pays the sports writers....the networks
Who profits from high ratings....the networks.

does that make any sence????

the AP poll is only one of the many polls used in the BCS formula, and only 2 (I think) are people polls ... an individual vote has little affect except in extreme cases

the networks pay the sportswriters? SINCE WHEN? they pay their own play-by-play guys & analysts, but "sportswriters" who vote in the AP poll?

yes, the network that has the NC game will profit - of course they will ................. my point is all involved will make their $ regardless who is playing ....... and as flawed as the BCS is, there is no way to manipulate it in such a way to get one particular team in. the BCS formula is well known, many papers/ESPN/etc. predict each week's BCS standing almost dead on each week. If something "fishy" was going on it would get out eventually - everything always does.

BTW, I think Louisville wins this game ............ I'll have to tape it & watch it when I get home from Fornay @ Poteet tonight

big daddy russ
11-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I can't wait until the bowl games. I'm not as high on Rutgers as most people, but I bet Louisville, WVU, and Pitt show some mettle in the postseason. I think those three teams go no less than 2-1 in the bowl games, no matter who they're matched up against.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 11:27 AM
the AP poll is only one of the many polls used in the BCS formula, and only 2 (I think) are people polls ... an individual vote has little affect except in extreme cases

the networks pay the sportswriters? SINCE WHEN? they pay their own play-by-play guys & analysts, but "sportswriters" who vote in the AP poll?

yes, the network that has the NC game will profit - of course they will ................. my point is all involved will make their $ regardless who is playing ....... and as flawed as the BCS is, there is no way to manipulate it in such a way to get one particular team in. the BCS formula is well known, many papers/ESPN/etc. predict each week's BCS standing almost dead on each week. If something "fishy" was going on it would get out eventually - everything always does.

BTW, I think Louisville wins this game ............ I'll have to tape it & watch it when I get home from Fornay @ Poteet tonight

never mind.

3afan
11-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I win !!!!!!!!!!

just kidding - i love a good, clean, fun debate any time rr2K - thanks.

:clap:

kaorder1999
11-02-2006, 11:34 AM
I'll have to tape it & watch it when I get home from Fornay @ Poteet tonight

They should put that on the city limit signs....

g$$
11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
The AP Poll is no longer used in the BCS. They pulled out this year. BCS = Harris Poll, USA Today/Coaches Poll, & 6 computer rankings = BCS Ratings

$$ talks no doubt. Don't kid yourself.

On the game:

West Va beats Louisville 27-21 Final.

Did Nebraska's Tommie Frazier throw the ball all that well? Nebraska just lined up & shoved it down your throat. Pat White is an adequate passer but their running game is so good he does not have to be great. Their short passing game is equivalent to toss sweeps & short screens. They are good at what they do.

West Va must avoid 2nd / 3rd & longs. Can't get behind the chains or they are in trouble. West Va has speed & more speed. Defense is ok but offense is great. Rich Rodriguez has done a fantastic job at his alma mater.

Unlike Texas Tech, West Va can run the ball out of the spread. Much more physical than people think.

Louisville is missing RB Bush & has other injuries & suspensions. Brohm is a good one. It is a home game though, so I think it's close. But West Va is the better team & will play Ohio State in the NC game. I am sticking to what I said almost 2 months ago.

Let's not forget West Va ran over & by a very good Georgia team (top 5) last year in the Sugar Bowl. Held on late to win too.

On schedule, who did Texas play non-conference besides Ohio State? That is hurting them in the computer rankings a lot.

3afan
11-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The AP Poll is no longer used in the BCS....

dang thats right - forgot about that!

Originally posted by g$$
$$ talks no doubt. Don't kid yourself.

OK, tell us how :thinking:

Stownhorse
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
WV by 10.

huge game. winning team will probably be playing the winner of the michigan OSU game for the national championship.

i wish i could record it to watch it later....i have to work tonite.

The game is tonight?

g$$
11-02-2006, 12:10 PM
You are smart enough to know the answer to that. $$ talks in every walk of life. Look at the bowls each year. Was A&M good enough 2 years ago to be in the Cotton Bowl? Of course not - but they travel well & spend $$ in that city. And they got spanked by Tennessee.

It happens. Sponsors don't want a game they can't sell to advertisers. Last year's USC / Texas game was a marketer's dream. 2 big schools from 2 huge markets with name appeal.

That being said, I hope the BCS holds true & West Va gets a chance. If they run the table then they deserve it IMO.

pirate4state
11-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I guess Louisville is the underdog?? If they are that's who I'll be cheering for!! :D Is this the team that had all the brothers at QB?? :thinking: I remember a story ESPN did on a family (not the Mannings :D ) that each of the brothers and maybe even the dad were QBs at this school. :thinking:

Stownhorse
11-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I know there is already a thread but I thought there should be a poll. Add your thoughts as well.

3afan
11-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are smart enough to know the answer to that. $$ talks in every walk of life. Look at the bowls each year. Was A&M good enough 2 years ago to be in the Cotton Bowl? Of course not - but they travel well & spend $$ in that city. And they got spanked by Tennessee.

It happens. Sponsors don't want a game they can't sell to advertisers. Last year's USC / Texas game was a marketer's dream. 2 big schools from 2 huge markets with name appeal.

That being said, I hope the BCS holds true & West Va gets a chance. If they run the table then they deserve it IMO.

of course the top, big name programs will bring more $ --- the debate was HOW a Texas, UF, etc. could/would jump a WVU in the BCS in oder to get the more desired matchup in the NC game ------ the network that has the NC game is not gonna be able to do that. they want the biggest name matchup they can get, but they'll get what they get

IMO

later - lunch time!

g$$
11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, the Brohm family - family of QBs.

Last line I saw had Louisville favored by 1.5 points (opened at 2). That will change by game time some though. Louisville is the home team.

big daddy russ
11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
I think Louisville pulls off the shocker, then goes to the NC.

sahen
11-02-2006, 12:46 PM
I am pulling for the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers to win out....now that'd be a story!

pirate4state
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, the Brohm family - family of QBs.

Last line I saw had Louisville favored by 1.5 points (opened at 2). That will change by game time some though. Louisville is the home team. Thank you! :)

Stownhorse
11-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by sahen
I am pulling for the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers to win out....now that'd be a story!

Yea me to....they would win out but wouldnt make the NC IMO.

raider red 2000
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I win !!!!!!!!!!

just kidding - i love a good, clean, fun debate any time rr2K - thanks.

:clap:

i had to go work a little :)

westtxfballfan
11-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Louisville by 10. If they get a big lead early and force WV to hurry up and get out of their running game in the second half, even more.

wedo
11-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Louisville by 10. If they get a big lead early and force WV to hurry up and get out of their running game in the second half, even more.

Im taking da Ville in this one by 6!

wedo
11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think Louisville pulls off the shocker, then goes to the NC.

Louiville wins tonight but rutger beasts them!

mchavez
11-02-2006, 03:11 PM
WV over Louisville by less than a TD!!

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Louisville over WV by 9

g$$
11-02-2006, 04:35 PM
WVU 27
Louisville 21

Speed kills!

carter08
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Remember
Texas/ Ohio State was a Non Conference Game
Auburn/ Florida, Auburn/ LSU, and LSU/ Florida involve 3 teams.
WV/ Louisville winner could be playing for a National Championships come January

3afan
11-02-2006, 04:45 PM
but its West Virginia & Louisville, therefore its not the biggest game of the year .......

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Michigan/Ohio State will be the biggest game of the year

g$$
11-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Question: if West Va had a different name & did not play in the Big East, would some of you give them more credit based strictly on team & ability?

This team is talented & carries a stigma based on conference, etc. I think they erased that last year when they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Big East is a pretty good league, very comparable to the Big 12 as both are top heavy. Just look at how many bad teams (.500 or worse) are in the Big 12, while Big East has bad teams too.

Just wondering?

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 04:57 PM
This has already been posted twice?

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Question: if West Va had a different name & did not play in the Big East, would some of you give them more credit based strictly on team & ability?

This team is talented & carries a stigma based on conference, etc. I think they erased that last year when they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Big East is a pretty good league, very comparable to the Big 12 as both are top heavy. Just look at how many bad teams (.500 or worse) are in the Big 12, while Big East has bad teams too.

Just wondering?
I've never had a problem with WV being ranked where they are and I give them credit where it is due, I just dont think they will play in the NC. Why you ask, because I believe Louisville is going to put WV title hopes to rest tonight and they will not be undefeated

g$$
11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Tiger WR:

Not my question...

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Not my question...
nonetheless i answered it according to my view on WV I have given them the credit they desrve this year

g$$
11-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry Dre, I was referring to Tiger WR. You gave your opinion. My fault.

JasperDog94
11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Just wondering? Bowl Records in 2005:

Big East: 1-3
Big 12: 5-3

6 of 8 Big East Schools have a winning record
8 of 12 Big 12 schools have a winning record

Big East record vs top 25: 0-11
Big 12 North record vs top 25: 0-11
Big 12 South record vs top 25: 4-8

Sorry, but I'm not ready to say the Big East is as good as the Big 12.

g$$
11-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Bowl Records in 2005:

Big East: 1-3
Big 12: 5-3

6 of 8 Big East Schools have a winning record
8 of 12 Big 12 schools have a winning record

Big East record vs top 25: 0-11
Big 12 North record vs top 25: 0-11
Big 12 South record vs top 25: 4-8

Sorry, but I'm not ready to say the Big East is as good as the Big 12.

I am not saying as a whole, both are top heavy. Say top 3 in each league:

WVU
Louisville
Rutgers

&

Texas
OU
A&M/Nebraska/Mizzou

Much difference? Strictly football based, not state bias. And now, not years past bowl records, vs. Top 25, etc.

g$$
11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Jasper Dog:

Where did you get that info. based on conference, bowl records, vs. Top 25, etc.? You had that quickly & just curious?

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Jasper Dog:

Where did you get that info. based on conference, bowl records, vs. Top 25, etc.? You had that quickly & just curious? You mess with the bull you get the horns

g$$
11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
You know Tiger WR, you just don't get it. I was simply asking where he accessed that info. quickly all at once, not questioning it. Do you ever shut up & post anything besides garbage trying to start trouble? Grow up PLEASE.

I still have the top 3 in each league question out there. I think both leagues are top heavy. I also think the top 3 in each league are pretty close.

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
WEll Aarron I've heard you talk all year long about WV and how they deserve to play in the NC and well here they can gain a little respect from me this Thursday if they can beat Louisville. So I am offering a bet on the outcome of this game, I am not much into betting money since I do not have money to throw around so how about a signature bet on the game, specific terms can be discussed later if you do accept. A nice little family fun bet is all I'm proposing. Will you accept?

yes. i havent read the rest of the thread, but a signature bet it is.

District303aPastPlayer
11-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

if they had michael bush, i would say thats a safe bet... but i take Slayton and White over Brohm and Bush's replacement

kepdawg
11-02-2006, 07:41 PM
They need to start the game!

LH Panther Mom
11-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Looks like you should've taken them anyway. :D

wedo
11-02-2006, 11:24 PM
WV = overrated !!!!!!!!!! Now im pulling for rutgers over da ville

Old Tiger
11-02-2006, 11:53 PM
WV = overrated !!!!!!!!!! Now im pulling for rutgers over da ville When does losing to the #5 team constitute them to be over rated.

westtxfballfan
11-03-2006, 12:17 AM
When does losing to the #5 team constitute them to be over rated.

When the #5 team shouldn't be rated that high either.

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM

When no one wanted to give them credit all year for beating Georgia in a bowl game....

When you play in the Big East....

So had The Ville lost, would they be overrated?

im not callin you out R, just had to quote your post to make a point...

g$$
11-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I was wrong about West Va, but I think the word "overrated" is a bit strong. Louisville is a darn good team, & just think they are missing stud RB Michael Bush too. The Big East is not all that bad - nor do I think it is great either. I still say the top 3 teams in the Big 12 & Big East are very close. And I want the Big 12 to dominate too. The SEC is the best league overall.

West Va just could not stop Louisville all night. West Va did put up over 500 yds. of offense. West Va's turnovers & the punt return did not help either. Give Louisville credit & I think they have a shot now at going to the NC game. Brohm is a good QB & Petrino can coach. May not be what the networks & promoters want, but they just may end up in Glendale, Arizona.

That's why you play the games, & I am not Nostradamus nor is anyone else. Gotta let the season play out.

wedo
11-03-2006, 01:29 PM

b/c that was the only team they had played that was decent and they lost!! Louiville isn't that great either they will lose before the season is over!!

westtxfballfan
11-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I agree that the two are good teams, but I don't think either can beat the other teams in the top ten. I'd say Louisville is about the #10 team in the country, and WV is around 12 - 14. Understanding that both have good offenses, their defenses were still pretty weak.