PDA

View Full Version : University of Texas 2007 Recruiting Class

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Read and discuss. Page 2 has the recruiting rank.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=81

This class is scary good.

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Mack is a great Recruiter ....now if they grab that kid Marc Tyler RB or Ronald Johnson DB both 5 star's just think of what that add's to it . They just need to keep ahold of Brantley QB and Chiles ATH but the way McCoy is looking right now they just may lose a Recruit at the QB position or maybe even Snead .

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Mack is a great Recruiter ....now if they grab that Tyler RB or Johnson DB kid both 5 star's just think of what that add's to it . They just need to keep ahold of Brantley QB and Chiles ATH but the way McCoy is looking right now they just may lose a Recruit at the QB position or maybe even Snead . It wouldn't be smart of Snead to stay around. I heard he was wanting to transfer to Florida the school he was originally committed to. I think Brantley is a very solid committment. He said he wants to be redshirted which will favor him and give him 2 years at least of starting. Chiles should contribute somewhere as a true freshmen if he is as legit as I hear.

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Why in the world would he go to Florida? He has a better shot at playing at UT

g$$
10-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Chiles is legit - probably play WR or DB though at Texas. Heck of an athlete. I have seen him play.

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't think Texas would agree to the tranfer to another BIG 12 school or another BCS school so that would mean he would have to sit one year before being eligible if he decided on Florida.

injuredinmelee
10-31-2006, 01:58 PM
I wont be surprised to see Snead transfer. It could hurt QB recruiting with a Red shirt freshman playing like Colt has so far.

g$$
10-31-2006, 01:59 PM
I've heard Snead to OU - redshirt transfer year - then have 3 years left to play. Colt has done nothing to lose his job for 3 more years after this one. Mack probably learned his lesson after the Applewhite/Simms debacle.

Brantley is a solid commit I believe & wants to redshirt too.

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Do yall not realize who will be playing at Florida next year? No way he would go there.

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
After reading all I have about Brantley he seem's like a lock for Texas . He will redshirt his freshman year and still have 2 years as the starter if he doesnt beat out McCoy . Chiles want's a shot at QB from what I have been reading if they lose him it's going to hurt .

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Do yall not realize who will be playing at Florida next year? No way he would go there. Tebow so it makes no sense to go to Florida

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
I think Chiles could be an Antwaan Randle El type player.

That is just something I heard about Snead

g$$
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't think Texas would agree to the tranfer to another BIG 12 school or another BCS school so that would mean he would have to sit one year before being eligible if he decided on Florida.

In football, you have to sit out a year anyway unless you transfer down a level. Baseball has a different rule where you are eligible immediately IF you get a full release from previous school. That happens every year in baseball.

Football is different, & you must sit out regardless 1 year (unless you transfer down).

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 02:05 PM
After the 500+ yards Tech put on the secondary ....they need some DB'S and Johnson has shown some interest of late .He would seal the deal on this class as far as it finishing #1 in recruiting .

injuredinmelee
10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
After the 500+ yards Tech put on the secondary ....they need some DB'S and Johnson has shown some interest of late .He would seal the deal on this class as far as it finishing #1 in recruiting .
When Texas was able to put pressue on Harrell the game changed. The entire first half it was as if Chizik was dropping 7 guys into a react/zone mode and it allowed Graham way to much time to find someone open. That system will kill you if you cant force the qb to throw before he wants to or to scramble.

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
There was a good article in the SA paper today about Texas's pass defense. Only 7 teams are worse then them in d-1.

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
My pre pre-season DB starting lineup for UT for the 2007-2008 season.

CB - Deon Beasley
FS - Robert Joseph
SS - Marcus Griffin
CB - Ryan Palmer or Chykie Brown

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm impresssed with and that's Aaron Lewin at DE ....he is from Arizona correct ?

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Look at what Sweed does to smaller DB'S Sweed is 6'4 ......thats a pretty small defensive backfield you have set up will it hurt Texas ?

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Beasley - 5'10"
Joseph - 6'2"
Brown - 6'1"
Palmer - 5'10"
Marcus - 6'

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
DB's are always small. A 6' DB is pretty good imo.

Gobbler Fan
10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
That looks good I did not realize Brown or Jospeh was that big .

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
That looks good I did not realize Brown or Jospeh was that big . At the THSCA All-Star game we were sitting by Brown's mom and she was telling us that it came down to USC/Texas/Florida for him and she told him do you want your family to be able to make all your games. That what influenced him. She was a sweet lady and a pure football mom if you know what I mean.

wedo
10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Ahmard Howard TE from brenham is pretty good also. More of a recieving TE than a blocker 4stars

wedo
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
There was a good article in the SA paper today about Texas's pass defense. Only 7 teams are worse then them in d-1.

The secondary is banged up pretty good except Aaron Ross. And he a candidate for the Thorpe Award! Terrell Brown has bad turf toe and you could tell against tech. Marcus Griffin has a bad knee i think. Inexpeirenced player are having to fill in with a lot of playing time!

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by wedo
The secondary is banged up pretty good except Aaron Ross. And he a candidate for the Thorpe Award! Terrell Brown has bad turf toe and you could tell against tech. Marcus Griffin has a bad knee i think. Inexpeirenced player are having to fill in with a lot of playing time! Brown has sprained wrist.

Marcus - to sprained ankles

JR2004
10-31-2006, 02:37 PM
With all the injuries UT's secondary has had this season, it's pretty easy to understand why they've struggled so much in that area. They're taking their lumps right now, but it's good that these kids are getting this experience right now and it's even better that they're still finding ways to win games despite the secondary's struggles.

wedo
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
With all the injuries UT's secondary has had this season, it's pretty easy to understand why they've struggled so much in that area. They're taking their lumps right now, but it's good that these kids are getting this experience right now and it's even better that they're still finding ways to win games despite the secondary's struggles.

Exactly!

But Texas still needs to blow out OSU, K-state and A&M by a good margin for Texas to move up. I think Florida could lose another game and the way Auburn is playing Texas could jump them with a couple impressive wins.

big daddy russ
10-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Acho is very underrated by Rivals.

Just check out one thing: they have the number one, three, four, six, nine, ten, and 11 recruits in the state of Texas that have already given them verbals.

If Snead transfers, I'd bet on either OU, Nebraska, or TCU. Not that I know any insider info, but those systems would fit his skills perfectly and two of them have tons of tradition.

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Acho is very underrated by Rivals.

Just check out one thing: they have the number one, three, four, six, nine, ten, and 11 recruits in the state of Texas that have already given them verbals.

If Snead transfers, I'd bet on either OU, Nebraska, or TCU. Not that I know any insider info, but those systems would fit his skills perfectly and two of them have tons of tradition. Nebraska has a guy named Sam Keller who transfered from Arizona State for next year ;)

Going by the schools you listed OU/TCU would be a good fit.

g$$
10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Agreed Texas is banged up, but with their depth that is no excuse for very long once they get more playing time, & those kids have recently.

A good passing team that can also run it a little bit can beat Texas. Texas has a great run defense. The last 2 weeks have proved that & Tech cannot run it all. Pass defense is suspect.

If A&M can win the next 2 weeks (& that's a big if), then the big game could be interesting because A&M does have a balanced offense. McGee has made tremendous strides the past few weeks throwing the ball. A&M's defense is very average though.

g$$
10-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I've heard Snead to OU - redshirt transfer year - then have 3 years left to play. Colt has done nothing to lose his job for 3 more years after this one. Mack probably learned his lesson after the Applewhite/Simms debacle.

Brantley is a solid commit I believe & wants to redshirt too.

I agree - OU would be a perfect fit for Snead if he leaves. And I think he will after the season.

big daddy russ
10-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Nebraska has a guy named Sam Keller who transfered from Arizona State for next year ;)

Going by the schools you listed OU/TCU would be a good fit.
I forgot all about Keller, but isn't he a junior? I know Carpenter was the young buck on the block for the Sun Devils, but can't remember what class Keller was in.

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 02:58 PM
5 Keller, Sam QB 6-4 230 Sr. Danville, Calif. (Arizona State) (San Ramon Valley)

I think he has a year of elgibility.

g$$
10-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Keller has 1 year left, & the stud from Florida they had at Nebraska transferred during August drills. Name escapes me...

awizzy
10-31-2006, 03:33 PM
My pre pre-season DB starting lineup for UT for the 2007-2008 season.

CB - Deon Beasley
FS - Robert Joseph
SS - Marcus Griffin
CB - Ryan Palmer or Chykie Brown

i tought brown would still be around...u dont see him starting

big daddy russ
10-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Keller has 1 year left, & the stud from Florida they had at Nebraska transferred during August drills. Name escapes me...
The Beck kid? Where'd he run off to?

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i tought brown would still be around...u dont see him starting Which Brown? :D

g$$
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't know where Beck went, but I read an article where his mom trashed Nebraska & Callahan. Said he was leaving after skipping August workouts after like the 2nd day.

She was saying an ACC school or a Florida school. Maybe NC State? I will look for it...

Chykie Brown is a freshman (not Tarell Brown).

awizzy
10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Which Brown? :D
terell..but i just look hes gonna be gone for some reason i tought he was only a jr

Cameron Crazy
10-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Read and discuss. Page 2 has the recruiting rank.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=81

This class is scary good. Mack Brown is no idiot when it comes to recruiting!:clap:

awizzy
10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
look who recruited brantley...davis and chizik..they must have really wanted him to send ur cordinators

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
look who recruited brantley...davis and chizik..they must have really wanted him to send ur cordinators Chizik is also asst. head coach ;)