PDA

View Full Version : A&M/Baylor Football Replay on tv Tonight...

g$$
10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
FYI: Texas A&M vs. Baylor on tv tonight

Fox Sports Southwest
8:00 - 10:00PM
(replay feed w/ home team radio announcers)

Just like A&M/OK State last week.

Channel 37 in Houston on Time Warner.

g$$
10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
2 things to watch, & I have not seen either highlight nor was I there in Waco. I listened on the radio.

1. Goodson dropped the ball on the long 64 yard draw for a TD around the goal line, celebrating too early. He was barely in the end zone from what I have heard.

2. Baylor ran a WR pass that was dropped in the last 2 minutes. Would have been a TD & made the game closer.

31-21 Final, but close until the end.

sahen
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by g$$
2 things to watch, & I have not seen either highlight nor was I there in Waco. I listened on the radio.

1. Goodson dropped the ball on the long 64 yard draw for a TD around the goal line, celebrating too early. He was barely in the end zone from what I have heard.

2. Baylor ran a WR pass that was dropped in the last 2 minutes. Would have been a TD & made the game closer.

31-21 Final, but close until the end.
right before Bell hurt his knee Zeigler (number 7) drops a pass around the Baylor 40 that was a first down and probably a touchdown since the a&m safety had taken a horrible angle...dunno the time but its 4th quarter and it is 24-21 at the time i believe...mabye still 21-21

SnyTigBaseB07
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM
im definately watching it, since i missed it the first time, apparently it was a great game, its a shame baylor lost!

Sic em bears!

sahen
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
im definately watching it, since i missed it the first time, apparently it was a great game, its a shame baylor lost!

Sic em bears! we have to work on our run defense...luckily we wont have to worry about that w/ tech but we have some serious issues w/ stopping the run, esp. the triple option....

SnyTigBaseB07
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sahen
we have to work on our run defense...luckily we wont have to worry about that w/ tech but we have some serious issues w/ stopping the run, esp. the triple option....

well any team that has a little bit of depth running the ball (i.e. multiple ball carriers w/experience, or any kind of option that can be executed) always puts it to baylor, with pass d, theyve mananged over the years to work up to being on par with a lot of teams but more than anything the run is killing the bears. hopefully tech wont be able to execute and baylor can shut down both pass and run. we'll see though.

g$$
10-31-2006, 04:18 PM
I think from what I recall the TD pass that was dropped was AFTER A&M scored to go ahead 31-21. It definitely would have made the ending closer. A&M scored in the final 3 minutes anyway, so an onsides kick would have been coming.

I am going to watch it & see tonight.

sahen
10-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I think from what I recall the TD pass that was dropped was AFTER A&M scored to go ahead 31-21. It definitely would have made the ending closer. A&M scored in the final 3 minutes anyway, so an onsides kick would have been coming.

I am going to watch it & see tonight.
i was talking about a different pass that would have put baylor ahead in teh 4th....the WR pass that Zeigler threw to Shelton was w/ about 2:00 minutes left and should have been a TD, Shelton was about 5 yards ahead of the guy on him and the ball hit his hands, he couldve trotted in from the 15 for a TD, but it only wouldve made it 31-28, however it couldve gotten interesting w/ an onside kick and all...Zeigler probably threw that ball about 60 yards in the air, that was impressive and it was perfect, just dropped...pretty much the story of we hear over and over at baylor

Mace Griffin
10-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by g$$

31-21 Final, but close until the end. I was there and A&m was the better team hats off to Baylor for playing hard but the superior football team won out in my opinion

sahen
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
well any team that has a little bit of depth running the ball (i.e. multiple ball carriers w/experience, or any kind of option that can be executed) always puts it to baylor, with pass d, theyve mananged over the years to work up to being on par with a lot of teams but more than anything the run is killing the bears. hopefully tech wont be able to execute and baylor can shut down both pass and run. we'll see though. the run D should start coming around in the next couple years, we have some good D-linemen coming up just they are still young and teh linebackers should be very good once they get to be seniors, but they are young as well....we will see what happens, im interested to see what this new QB does, next year was gonna be interesting since we were gonna have a QB with no experience now he will get some

sahen
10-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
I was there and A&m was the better team hats off to Baylor for playing hard but the superior football team won out in my opinion the aggies have got to fix their secondary....i have no idea why we stopped throwing the ball deep in the 2nd half other than to hold the ball a while and let our defense rest but everytime we threw the ball past 20 yards it seemed like our guy was wide open...