PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from/root for?

oldcrow
10-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Just curious?

marlin fan
10-31-2006, 12:28 PM
from marlin. support Marlin, Cove, Ellision, Shoemaker, Temple, Belton, Bryan, A&M consol. rice consol, Liberty Hill, Bandera, Sinton, Caldwell nmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

coach
10-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
from marlin. support Marlin, Cove, Ellision, Shoemaker, Temple, Belton, Bryan, A&M consol. rice consol, Liberty Hill, Bandera, Sinton, nmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

from fairfield...root for fairfield, cleburne, and lewisville

pirate4state
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
from Sinton. Support Sinton. Am currently on the Liberty Hill bandwagon. :D

exbulldog06
10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
im from Abilene so i root for Abilene Wylie

marlin fan
10-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
from Sinton. Support Sinton. Am currently on the Liberty Hill bandwagon. :D o0o0o thats a low blow!!!

pirate4state
10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
o0o0o thats a low blow!!! I like you too. I have seen Marlin play you know!! :rolleyes: There are a bunch of teams I like, but right now it is all about Sinton & Liberty Hill. :p

marlin fan
10-31-2006, 12:51 PM
I like you too. I have seen Marlin play you know!! :rolleyes: There are a bunch of teams I like, but right now it is all about Sinton & Liberty Hill. :p lol

big daddy russ
10-31-2006, 12:52 PM
from Sinton. Support Sinton. Am currently on the Liberty Hill bandwagon. :D
And is secretly crushing on Ingleside.

Born and raised (except for about a year) in Ingleside, Texas. Still root for the Mustangs, Calallen, Refugio, Skidmore-Tynan, Banquete, Agua Dulce, Bryan High, and Hearne.

jason
10-31-2006, 12:52 PM
from forney - 2nd best 3a teams ever

root for forney and copperas cove and tarleton state

SintonFan
10-31-2006, 12:56 PM
From Corpus Christi. I root for Sinton, the Cowboys and the Spurs. In that order kinda.

pirate4state
10-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
And is secretly crushing on Ingleside. Just you!! ROFL!!

Phil C
10-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally from Freer. Still support Freer unless they play Sinton which fortunately isn't too often since Freer is in 2A while Sinton is in 3A. I live in Sinton and support the Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates even though I can't make as many games as I used too.
I am a UT fan too. Also like the Spurs and Cowboys. I like the Tour de France too. I like women's sports.

LHPfactory
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
From Freeport/Brazosport, for Liberty Hill all the way. I moved out there a few years ago, watched the rise of the 3 or 4 headed monster and was addicted to LH football. (would like to see Burnet rise up to 4A power also)

Rabbit'93
10-31-2006, 01:12 PM
From Forney

Root for Forney

CHS_CG
10-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Born in Kansas City Kansas, (lived in KC Missouri though) moved to Caldwell in 96 so I support Caldwell, Cuero, Rockdale, Greenwood, A&M and (heres the shocker) Texas when they arent playin A&M......

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 01:15 PM
From Rockdale, root for Rockdale. I also support Cuero for at least the remainder of the season because my cousin is on the team there. Other than that, I pretty much root for the underdog.

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm from Burnet moved to Rockdale in 4th grade So I root for both.

Phil C
10-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Born in Kansas City Kansas, (lived in KC Missouri though) moved to Caldwell in 96 so I support Caldwell, Cuero, Rockdale, Greenwood, A&M and (heres the shocker) Texas when they arent playin A&M......

BLESS YOU!

:)

luvhoops34
10-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I live in Poth so I support the Pirates/Pirettes. Graduated from Flour Bluff HS. I'm a die hard SPURS and Cowboys fan, too.

And I support any team from Region IV, just hoping they will kick the crap out of Region I, II, and III.

mustang68
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Sweetwater obviouslly THE MUSTANGS

I got hooked with the team in 1957

Root for Wylie and Greenwood both are class acts in all areas
Brownwood because of past ties.

87 TIGER
10-31-2006, 01:59 PM
From Rockdale & love those Tigers
Root for Central texas teams once the playoffs start, always pulling for teams in our dist when they are in the playoffs.
Thorndale is a team I go watch in playoffs, many relatives have and do play for the dogs

injuredinmelee
10-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Towns I lived in growing up:

Georgetown, Round Rock, Abilene, Lockhart, Austin, Cedar Park, Wichita Falls, Iowa Park, Fort Worth, back to Wichita Falls, Austin

root for:

Abilene Wylie, Iowa Park, Old High, Sweetwater, who ever is playing Snyder, Guthrie, and Jim Ned.

raider red 2000
10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
from lubbock. graduated form coronado HS graduated from TECH. Worked a year a Lubbock Monterey (coronado's cross town rival).

went to grad school at ATM corpus christi.

now work in Wharton.

i support Wharton athletics (boys and girls), TECH. the Islanders (TAMU-CC), Lubbock Monterey and Coronado....kinda like the Fightin Chickens from Cuero....that is where my wife is from.

Check on scores from CC King, CC Ray, and Terrell.

also I dont like Pro sports or AGGIES OR LONGHORNS. :)

3afan
10-31-2006, 02:37 PM
From Cove, in Forney since 1991 - root for Forney, Cove, SFA, Texas teams when playing non-Texas teams, underdogs

g$$
10-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Born & raised in Sweeny, now live in Houston.

Graduated from Texas A&M.

Root for the Bulldogs, Aggies, local teams, & Houston pro teams, esp. the Astros.

Big-time sucker for underdogs too.

Do my best to root for all state of Texas teams but sometimes it is tough. Did pull for the Horns over USC last year.

Never root for Miami, LSU, Nebraska, or anybody from California.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
root for:

Abilene Wylie, Iowa Park, Old High, Sweetwater, who ever is playing Snyder, Guthrie, and Jim Ned.

Harsh man, harsh.:)

injuredinmelee
10-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Harsh man, harsh.:)

its only because of one person...
guess who...

bobcat1
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
From Wichita Falls: Rider. Moved to Alvord then to Celina. Root for Bobcats, Raiders, Red Raiders(Aunt was secretary to the Dean for years), all State of Texas teams except any Mack Brown coaches. Also like OSU(OK). Dallas Cowboys always.:D

MHSvarsity2007
10-31-2006, 05:16 PM
im from merkel...yes, i do root for them

along with sweetwater and abilene high. occassionally clyde in some sports.

Emerson1
10-31-2006, 05:19 PM

Tiger Baseball
10-31-2006, 05:26 PM

Georgetown, Round Rock, Abilene, Lockhart, Austin, Cedar Park, Wichita Falls, Iowa Park, Fort Worth, back to Wichita Falls, Austin

root for:

Dang injured you been around!

MHSvarsity2007
10-31-2006, 05:28 PM

root for:

you forgot merkel silly! :p

IronMustang
10-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
im from merkel...yes, i do root for them

along with sweetwater and abilene high. occassionally clyde in some sports.

I cant say that I root for Merkel but they could use it.....But of course I root for Sweetwater and just like you I favor Abilene High.

Tiger Baseball
10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Born and raised in Pampa TX home of the fighting Harvesters.

Was transfered to Snyder in 91 and have been a Tiger fan ever since. Check up on the Harvies ever so often. Rice Owls for baseball only and of course the Cowboys. :clap:

RMAC
10-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Grew up in Abilene, lived in Corpus for a year, but I was like 7, so that doesn't count, was so close to moving to Gainseville in 5th grade that we went to look at houses, but that fell through. Moved to Wylie from AISD in 3rd grade then moved to Graham, probably the greatest thing that ever happened to me, in 10th grade. I root for the Steers, Texas Tech, the Cowboys, jump on the Mavs bandwaggon around May or so, and I really do hope the Rangers make the playoffs next year.

jlwzz
10-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Ft Worth, went to Crowley, but had most of the family in Decatur so spent most summers growing up in Decatur

I root for the Eagles, Longhorns & Cowboys

also like A.Willie and Cuero

lived in Decatur last 11 years

mrescape43
10-31-2006, 07:20 PM

root for:

what a t*rd! :D :D j/k

coach
10-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
Ft Worth, went to Crowley, but had most of the family in Decatur so spent most summers growing up in Decatur

I root for the Eagles, Longhorns & Cowboys

also like A.Willie and Cuero

lived in Decatur last 11 years

i hate crowley

LHMom
10-31-2006, 07:26 PM
I like you too. I have seen Marlin play you know!! :rolleyes: There are a bunch of teams I like, but right now it is all about Sinton & Liberty Hill. :p

I love it!

I'm from Grapevine. Root for LIBERTY HILL. Both my boys were raised in and played for LH.

NDFootball
10-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Well I'm from Abilene

I am a die hard Wylie Bulldog (self explanitory), and I root for S'water when we aren't playing them. I like Notre Dame football and baseball, and root for pretty much any team that plays the Longhorns or Florida Gators:D. I root for the Cowboys, Spurs, and despise MLB except for the Astros.

bulldogman06
10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Im from Bandera, TX. I love the Bulldogs. I love Texas A&M and Notre Dame Football, basketball, and baseball. (Women's Soccer for A&M). I love the San Antonio Spurs, New Orleans Saints, San Diefo Chargers, Boston Red Sox, and the Dallas Cowboys when Jones doesnt mess the team up too bad

eagles_victory
10-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I support Fairfield above anybody else

but other teams i support: Mt Pleasant, Mansfield

College: Texas, Gonzaga, Clemson, South Carolina, SFA, Seton Hall

Pro: Cleveland Cavs, Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Florida Marlins, San Diego Chargers, New York Yankees, Dallas Stars

these are all in order btw

coach
10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I support Fairfield above anybody else

but other teams i support: Mt Pleasant, Mansfield

College: Texas, Gonzaga, Clemson, South Carolina, SFA, Seton Hall

Pro: Cleveland Cavs, Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Florida Marlins, San Diego Chargers, New York Yankees, Dallas Stars

these are all in order btw

seaton hall?

Highschoolfan78
10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I am from Cuero and always will root for the Gobblers

College: doesn't really matter.. as long as it's a Texas team.

Pro: Chicago Cubs, Jaguars, Spurs, Stars, James Blake, Phil Mickelson, and i really dont care about nascar.

lostaussie
10-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Australian born
but Gilmer bred
and when I die
I'll be Buckeye dead

Go Ags, Stars and Cowboys, along with those 1A Union Hill Bulldogs

mwynn05
10-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by coach
seaton hall? he liked them when tommy amaker was there

Emerson1
10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
From Forney

Support
HS - Forney and Copperas Cove

Professional - Dallas Mavericks, Stars, Cowboys, Texas Rangers

College - Texas, CSU

big daddy russ
10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh yeah...

MLB: 1. Toronto 2. Houston

NFL: 1. Miami 2. Houston

NBA: San Antonio

NHL: 1. Dallas 2. St. Louis 3. Buffalo

College: 1. Auburn 2. Texas A&M, Sam Houston State 3. TCU, Tech, Baylor, Texas State (I know, I'm a traitor to my school), TAMU-CC, TAMU-Kingsville

Gobbla2001
10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
High School - Cuero and underdogs mostly... liking what 4A Calhoun is doing this year, I'll be pullin' for them... Also love the '04 1A State Champs the Shiner Comanches, maybe because their families makes good beer or because it's so close to Cuero, I dunno... like a buncha teams, always find myself checkin' to see whether they won or not...

College - Football and any sport UT, any Texas team playing any out of state team for the most part... basketball I have always liked North Carolina, so if UT is playing them I find it hard to take a side...

Pro - Astros and Spurs... Broncos are cool but I don't do the NFL too much these days...

nexfan
10-31-2006, 09:29 PM
High School: Born and raised in West Columbia so naturally I root for the Roughnecks!!! Just love high school athletics in general... some of the best games are when you arent rooting for any team in paticular!! I am on the Lamar Consolidated bandwagon although they arent 3a and I hope the fighting bulldogs from Sweeny, TX do well in the playoffs this year.

College: I am like a 7th year senior at UH so I support my coogs and I am a pretty big aggie fan(even though its tough sometimes)!

Pros: Go Stros... nothing better than watching the Big Puma go yard so you can watch him lolligag around the bases! Like the Rockets and the Texans(even though the Wimberley Texans would have an easy time beating them...especially last year)!

g$$
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Good stuff Nexfan - I feel the same way.

Lamar Consolidated & the Rogers boys are fun to watch too.

Nothing beats the Big Puma Lance Berkman. Simply a professional hitter & genuinely good guy.

injuredinmelee
11-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
From Wichita Falls: Rider. Moved to Alvord then to Celina. Root for Bobcats, Raiders, Red Raiders(Aunt was secretary to the Dean for years), all State of Texas teams except any Mack Brown coaches. Also like OSU(OK). Dallas Cowboys always.:D

what yar did you graduate from Rider?

coach
11-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
he liked them when tommy amaker was there

o ok but i still never hear him talk about them?

GreenMachine
11-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Born and raised in Cuero, so it goes without saying that I'm a die hard, bleed green Gobbler fan. I follow A&M because my sister and her husband went there, and I partied there alot when I went to SHSU. I also like ND (don't know why...just do!) Love all high school (would drive forever to see a good high school game) and college football, but don't care much for pro football. Like the Spurs (classiest pro franchise). :thumbsup:

Gsquared
11-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Raised where I was born but my favorite teams are

Midland Lee
Cameron Yoe
Abilene Wylie
Royse City
Barbers Hill

Go Cuero
11-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Born and raised in Cuero so I'll always be a Gobbler. We've been in the Leander/Cedar Park area for 5+ years and just moved 5 mins down the road but that puts us in Round Rock- still Leander ISD. So who knows which team to root for. By the time my son plays there will be so many high schools in this district I don't know who'll we'll be cheering for then. Liberty Hill is just down the road so maybe I'll have to root for them after this football season. ;)

College - any Texas team and Nebraska

Pro - Cowboys

Baseball - I'll watch any baseball game but love to watch the Astros, Rangers and got to enjoy a couple of Round Rock Express games this year.

Basketball - Spurs

gobble_up03
11-02-2006, 10:05 PM
HS--Cuero Gobblers

College--The University of Texas (Hook 'em Horns!)

NFL--undecided

MLB--Astros

NBA--Spurs

Mean Green Fan
11-02-2006, 10:53 PM
High School=Cuero Gobblers
College=Texas Longhorns
NFL=Dallas Cowboys
NBA=Spurs
Baseball=Astros

fireman1
11-03-2006, 10:32 AM
born and raised in Wharton so the Tigers are my #1, but I root for every sport in Texas thats how I am