PDA

View Full Version : OK So how would YOU do it

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Alot of people on here say they dont like Friday Night Lights the series for a variety of reasons..So I want to hear how YOU would set up a weekly series about High School Football in Texas

Rules
1. Cannot be reality show
2. Just give a short summary of what you would different.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Alot of people on here say they dont like Friday Night Lights the series for a variety of reasons..So I want to hear how YOU would set up a weekly series about High School Football in Texas

Rules
1. Cannot be reality show
2. Just give a short summary of what you would different.

I would do it similar to Two-A-Days on MTV, minus the whole looking into the kid's relationships at school and the pranks they play. Look into the kid's backgrounds, focus more on practice and the games that they play, and the training they undertake.

Funk-d-fied
10-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Just do it in Texas and the show would be a hit!

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I would do it similar to Two-A-Days on MTV, minus the whole looking into the kid's relationships at school and the pranks they play. Look into the kid's backgrounds, focus more on practice and the games that they play, and the training they undertake.

Again I said it could NOT be a reality show..has to be a work of fiction.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Again I said it could NOT be a reality show..has to be a work of fiction.

You didn't say it had to be a work of fiction, and I'll do it however I want. :hand:

CenTexSports
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't like the photography, it makes the show dark and menacing. I would rather see it upbeat and more colorful. Maybe do it in the style of The Wonder Years where you have a first hand perspective. Take a freshman football player and have the show start with his first 2 a day and work around his experiences and feelings but include the bigger picture as a backdrop. Each season would be one year of high school.

DTownJack88
10-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Well i would start by actually having football in atleast every 1-3 shows

Keith7
10-31-2006, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't make one, I think the topic has been over done

Old Tiger
10-31-2006, 11:16 PM
I like the show the way it is. It is a show and all so I like it. People from northern states enjoy it much more.

Keith7
10-31-2006, 11:19 PM
I guess if the topic for a show i was producing had to be about texs high school football, I'd add more aliens and cool guns to fight the aliens!!!