PDA

View Full Version : Cuero / Gonzales

CueroDad2006
10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Can this turn out to be a close game? Anyone care to Comment?

Old Tiger
10-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Can this turn out to be a close game? Anyone care to Comment? no

Cuero - 23589714895718923471274
Gonzalas - 2

CueroDad2006
10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
no

Cuero - 23589714895718923471274
Gonzalas - 2

I think it will be just a little closer than that.......LOL

Old Tiger
10-30-2006, 07:29 PM
I think it will be just a little closer than that.......LOL Replace all the numbers with 1's and make the numbers that are already 1's 0's:D

carter08
10-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Saw Gonzales last year in the playoffs. Wasn't impressed

Pudlugger
10-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Cuero 39
Gonzales 0

CueroDad2006
10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Saw Gonzales last year in the playoffs. Wasn't impressed

Last year was last year, They have been putting up points here lately.
I am sure this will be onesided,Just wondering what everyone els thinks?

jlwzz
10-30-2006, 08:05 PM
dont worry dad your boys will take care of this game.

Gobbler Fan
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Gonzales seem's to be hitting on all cylinders at the right time ....but Cuero is also getting back everyone off of IR save 1 who is out for the year . Carter you sure seem to have a very oppionated mind on things that you obviosly know nothing about -- Cuero overrated , Gonzales not impressive ect, ect it gets old at times .

Throw all the BS out the window this is Cuero vs Gonzales 2 teams that have no love for each other . The records can be put to the side this will be settled on the field Friday night . With this being the last home game for this year's senior's *Parent's Night* I look for Cuero to put an exclamation point on the Distric Championship in preparation for the Playoff's .

RuffneckGobbler
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Couldnt agree with you more. Amen

CueroDad2006
10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RuffneckGobbler
Couldnt agree with you more. Amen

WE need to get our timing down these next 2 weeks with so many on there way back off IR.
Good tuneup this week

GO GOBBLERS

wooden bear
10-30-2006, 09:25 PM
If i were Gonzales I come out and run, run, run, run. I anxious to see how Cuero plays with a healthy team. I have no clue what Gonzales has but I know that Gonzales will play their best game of the season against Cuero. They alwlays do but i still think Cuero comes out on top easily.

Old Green
10-31-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
If i were Gonzales I come out and run, run, run, run. I anxious to see how Cuero plays with a healthy team. I have no clue what Gonzales has but I know that Gonzales will play their best game of the season against Cuero. They alwlays do but i still think Cuero comes out on top easily. True. Gonzales will do everthing they can .

JT44
10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
last year the gonzales game was tough. they ran the ball and kept Cuero offense off the field the first half, I think the score last year was 20-12?
Anyway gonzales seems to be passing the ball a whole lot this year, hopefully that will mean more three and outs.
lets see if the gobbler offense can get back on track with tre and quincy finally making it back.
gonzales really put it to yoakum last week, had yoakum fans calling for the gonzales upset this week.
I doubt it......
Cuero's at home
42 - 7 for district title

GreenMachine
10-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Is Quincy back? He wasn't due back til the Goliad game.

raider red 2000
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
any one know the district standings?

GreenMachine
10-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Gonzales 3-0, Cuero 2-0, Palacios 1-2, Yoakum 0-2, Goliad 0-2.

raider red 2000
10-31-2006, 09:57 AM
so the charks might make it into the playoffs?

if they can beat yoakum in 2 weeks then they are in?????

that is insane.

underware
10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
It's very possible for both Goliad and Palacios to beat Yoakum. Just about any good players Yoakum has is out. Two QB's, running backs and two linemen. And these guys also played Defense. I see Yoakum at 0-4.

44INAROW
10-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by underware
It's very possible for both Goliad and Palacios to beat Yoakum. Just about any good players Yoakum has is out. Two QB's, running backs and two linemen. And these guys also played Defense. I see Yoakum at 0-4.
The future looks bright in the Land of Leather - those Freshman are good!

JT44
10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm disappointed, I though there would be more chatter about this one. this game is always a tough one, a big rival for generations of gobblers, I hope the team is focused on this one
they can make a statement with a big win for the district title!

Note to coaching staff: If possible, could you guys run up the score just a little this game?

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah they can make a huge statement by winning the worst disctrict ever.

JT44
10-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Yeah they can make a huge statement by winning the worst disctrict ever.
I'm talking more about the margin of victory

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I was just jokin, yeah they do need to blow these guys out that would be nice to see.

Mean Green Fan
10-31-2006, 08:06 PM
This is a big rivalry and an old one...much like Yoakum and you can bet Gonzales will come to play and give it their all.I would like to see Cuero put up a big score and get ready for the playoffs:)

wooden bear
10-31-2006, 08:10 PM
IF they manke it.

Highschoolfan78
10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I'm disappointed, I though there would be more chatter about this one. this game is always a tough one, a big rival for generations of gobblers, I hope the team is focused on this one
they can make a statement with a big win for the district title!

Note to coaching staff: If possible, could you guys run up the score just a little this game?

Maybe it'd get more buzz if Gonzales planted dead turkeys around the school like in ehh 99 i think. That'd at least make some people mad. still wont help the game. Cuero by many

Gobbla2001
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Maybe it'd get more buzz if Gonzales planted dead turkeys around the school like in ehh 99 i think. That'd at least make some people mad. still wont help the game. Cuero by many

Planting those turkeys helped 'em in '99... that was their first year back in 3A and in our district... they had dead turkeys with feathers and all hanging around the stadium and frozen ones with stove-top boxes shoved up their asses... it was funny...

What was not funny was going to Gonzales and losing 21-20 to a team that didn't win another district game (one if anything)... Cuero went to State that very same year while Gonzales got out the round-balls... Gonzales doesn't screw around when it comes to Cuero... they play their best that night ALWAYS...

RuffneckGobbler
10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Yep, lol that was pretty much verbatim! Id say Cuero by 10; but a hard fought 10.

CueroDad2006
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Anyone care to help guard the field all night thursday? Cant have them come trash our field before the butt kicking takes place friday night.

Gobbla2001
10-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Anyone care to help guard the field all night thursday? Cant have them come trash our field before the butt kicking takes place friday night.

they trashed it that Wednesday night in '99 though... I would have started the guarding last Friday night to be honest... may be too late... someone go drive the loop real quick and check for some apaches...

maroogreen
10-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Planting those turkeys helped 'em in '99... that was their first year back in 3A and in our district... they had dead turkeys with feathers and all hanging around the stadium and frozen ones with stove-top boxes shoved up their asses... it was funny...

I seem to recall that they let a bunch of turkeys (spraypainted orange, no less) loose on the campus and highway after they won that game. There were dead turkey carcasses all over the highway.

I also seem to recall that G2K1 felt badly for the turkeys, caught one or two, put them in his mom's car, and took them home to raise. :inlove: I thouht that was so sweet...Of course, I wasn't his mother. If I was his mother, I probably would have been unhappy about all the turkey crapola in the back seat of my car :thinking:

GreenMachine
11-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Went to town for lunch and could swear I heard apaches hooping and hollering on the outskirts of town, and it's only Wednesday! :D Seriously, let's not overlook this weeks game. Gonzales will bring it cause it's against Cuero ;) It's time to "make a statement" and let everyone know that the Gobbler train is rolling down the tracks :thumbsup:

Highschoolfan78
11-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Went to town for lunch and could swear I heard apaches hooping and hollering on the outskirts of town, and it's only Wednesday! :D Seriously, let's not overlook this weeks game. Gonzales will bring it cause it's against Cuero ;) It's time to "make a statement" and let everyone know that the Gobbler train is rolling down the tracks :thumbsup:

That was bingo night at the VFW, so disregard the whootin and hollerin

T-Time
11-01-2006, 11:04 PM
so gonzales is in the play-offs as big school. how will they stand up to ingleside?

GreenMachine
11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
That was bingo night at the VFW, so disregard the whootin and hollerin Dang bingoers, and I was getting the calvary ready :D

Highschoolfan78
11-02-2006, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by T-Time
so gonzales is in the play-offs as big school. how will they stand up to ingleside?

Usually its all about leg strength to stand up... It depends if they are all in regular fold out chairs, or nice one with arm rests. If they have arm rests, then it make take a little upper body to assume the standup position. If not, they may have to rely on the buddy system and place their hands on each others shoulder pads and apply some strength in order to stand up. There's many ways to do it though...

:D

Gobbler Fan
11-02-2006, 05:35 AM
lol:D

Mean Green Fan
11-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Ask Cuero Fans next week about Gonzales's chances in D1:D

T-Time
11-02-2006, 10:58 PM
you must think they don't stand much of a chance.

Highschoolfan78
11-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by T-Time
you must think they don't stand much of a chance.

who? Not dogging Ingleside at all.. They are a great team.. so i hope that's not what you meant..

44INAROW
11-02-2006, 11:59 PM
who? Not dogging Ingleside at all.. They are a great team.. so i hope that's not what you meant..

78 - it's that sarcasm thing again.. some get it and some don't..... :p

wooden bear
11-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Cuero freakin rules xude. I love them

Highschoolfan78
11-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
78 - it's that sarcasm thing again.. some get it and some don't..... :p

Thanks... i guess i missed out on some sarcasm, so i fall into the don't crowd

KingRob
11-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Cuero's last home game and it's parents night.

Survey says:
Cuero - 40
Gonzales - 7

LET'S GO CUERO!!

Gobbla2001
11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I seem to recall that they let a bunch of turkeys (spraypainted orange, no less) loose on the campus and highway after they won that game. There were dead turkey carcasses all over the highway.

I also seem to recall that G2K1 felt badly for the turkeys, caught one or two, put them in his mom's car, and took them home to raise. :inlove: I thouht that was so sweet...Of course, I wasn't his mother. If I was his mother, I probably would have been unhappy about all the turkey crapola in the back seat of my car :thinking:

I don't remember that first part (about the orange turkeys)... but I do remember in '99 we were set to play Yoakum in the last district game, whichever team won made the playoffs (Cuero won, of course, but that's not the point here)... Anyway, that Friday morning there was a turkey, spray-painted blue (Yoakum Colors) tied to a tire that was thrown up over the flag-pole... that was kinda cool I thought...

'least they let that one live :)

the last part though? that is just insane, lady!!!

Highschoolfan78
11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't remember that first part (about the orange turkeys)... but I do remember in '99 we were set to play Yoakum in the last district game, whichever team won made the playoffs (Cuero won, of course, but that's not the point here)... Anyway, that Friday morning there was a turkey, spray-painted blue (Yoakum Colors) tied to a tire that was thrown up over the flag-pole... that was kinda cool I thought...

'least they let that one live :)

the last part though? that is just insane, lady!!!

I don't remember that, but that's pretty cool i think. At least the rivalry spirit was still there. I think it's died down too much, even though Iiiiiiiiiiiiii dont promote Vandalism!:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
11-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I don't remember that, but that's pretty cool i think. At least the rivalry spirit was still there. I think it's died down too much, even though Iiiiiiiiiiiiii dont promote Vandalism!:rolleyes:

the thing is that I see Yoakum and Gonzales take the rivalries more serious most of the time... you'll see their team come out on the field all excited, they're excited every dang play... two yard gain, hell yah...

it's just something about the Gonzales/Cuero rivalry that always scared me in regards to Cuero losing a game...

In '00 the tides kinda turned... Gonzales was the team picked to beat Cuero, but it felt like a rivalry from us that night and we won 14-7, which included the best defensive stand I've ever seen by a Cuero (Gonzales had first and goal at the 1 and a half or two yard line and had a pretty good running game... 1st down nothing, 2nd nothing, 3rd nothing, 4th blocked FG)... before the game we as players walked from the fieldhouse to the run-through sign holding hands in groups of two (good we had an even number suited up)... had an awesome rivalry feel to it...

I want to see Cuero take this thing as a rivalry, as an insult that Gonzales' turkey killin' butts even had the guts to show up... then I wanna see more cowbell...

htowntransplant
11-03-2006, 12:28 PM
well i saw gonzalez and cuero last yr, and cuero played cuero pretty tough, but i dont think that it will be as close this yr. cueros offense is too fine-tuned.

44INAROW
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
well i saw gonzalez and cuero last yr, and cuero played cuero pretty tough, but i dont think that it will be as close this yr. cueros offense is too fine-tuned.

that's right, you were on the sidelines............ along with Aaron..

GO MEAN GREEN :) SCALP THE APACHES

29-3aFAN
11-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by underware
Yoakums freshman team is pretty solid?

44INAROW
11-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Yoakums freshman team is pretty solid?

from what I saw, they were very solid......... of course, next year - they'll probably start splitting them up (JV/Varsity) so you never know what's going to happen then :nerd:

BigChief
11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm from Gonzales, and most of you are correct in the fact that we take the Cuero game very seriously. We always had our version of "bonfire" for the Cuero game. Despite all the turkey killings, I think its a pretty clean rivalry. There's more respect for Cuero than I would say was hatred. I love to watch Cuero playoff runs ( I was there for the 2004 run (went to the Sinton, Palestine and Abilene Wylie games) I didn't think yall would get past that Palestine team. The Gobblers really earned my respect that night.

This year's Cuero/Gonzales game, I'd be happy with this score

Cuero 35 Gonzales 14.