PDA

View Full Version : any 2A gurus out there ???

jason
10-30-2006, 10:05 AM
im going to see cisco vs boyd on friday ???

apparently boyd isnt horrible (ive seen them get votes in the ap poll), and the girl im going with thinks cisco is top 5 in the state :doh: ...i have no clue...

any thoughts ???

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
if the girl thinks cisco is top five she probably has limited knowledge and is just saying that.....

OldNavy
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
They have both won the games they should have. Cisco lost to a good Early team and has a quality win over a good Paradise team.

Boyd lost to a very solid Whitewright team and has a quality win over a solid 3A Argyle team.

I think this should be a great game and could go either way. My guess, would be Boyd based on playing a little bit stronger schedule (there is not a big difference anywhere that I can see). But if I have to pick I guess I will throw in with Boyd. I have no info on the health of the respective teams and that could make a difference too.

jason
10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
ok, i talked to her and she changed her story saying cisco is #19 haha....

Hansum Stranger
10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I think Cisco's QB is the same QB that Gainesville had last year.

VWG
10-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
I think Cisco's QB is the same QB that Gainesville had last year.

You're correct. West is the QB at Cisco as his dad left Gainesville asst. job to take asst. job at Cisco.
How would you like this route for this guy?
Soph. year he QB's at Mineral Wells as his dad is the HC.
Junior year he QB's at Gainesville, and senior year he is at 2a Cisco. 4A to 3A to 2A.... what a ride.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2006, 07:34 PM
I watched Schulenburg defeat a very good Rice team, keep an eye those Shorthorns. They have a very good coach from Cuero.

D_bird
11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Boyd is a very strong passing team, Cisco is an extremely strong rushing team with a TON of speed

Should be a shootout like the Cisco vs Paradise game was.