lostaussie
10-30-2006, 09:04 AM
3-0
2-1
1-2
0-3

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 09:19 AM
3-0 gets us into the national title game.....hopefully.....

i know that's a long shot, but still.......

87 TIGER
10-30-2006, 09:28 AM
National championship? seriously?
2-3 at best more like 1-3 they wont even play for the big 12 championship.
a&m has a really good team this year they are not ranked high enough and would need to be consistantly ranked top 10 to have a shot a the title

wedo
10-30-2006, 09:46 AM
A&M loses to OU and Texas and finishes 1-2 . Maybe Nebraska if they can recover!

STXBramha
10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
AJ I think you just lost all the credibility i had for u...Wasn't that much to being with, but ya, there it went.

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
National championship? seriously?
2-3 at best more like 1-3 they wont even play for the big 12 championship.
a&m has a really good team this year they are not ranked high enough and would need to be consistantly ranked top 10 to have a shot a the title it's not out of the realm of possibility

out of the realm of probabibility? yes

Honestly I've said it before, I think A&M beats OU and Nebraska but loses to Texas.....that being said 10-2 is a pretty successful season....6-2 in todays Big 12 is pretty good.

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 09:57 AM
No it is possible but not probable, I dont think it will happen but a scenario could appear that would let it happen.

STXBramha
10-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes, it absolutely is

lostaussie
10-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by wedo
A&M loses to OU and Texas and finishes 1-2 . Maybe Nebraska if they can recover! thats kind of the way i was thinking. probably 1-2, hopefully 2-1 and wishful thinking 3-0

Adidas410s
10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it's not out of the realm of possibility

out of the realm of probabibility? yes

Honestly I've said it before, I think A&M beats OU and Nebraska but loses to Texas.....that being said 10-2 is a pretty successful season....6-2 in todays Big 12 is pretty good.

yep...10-2 should keep Frantastic around. Can't wait to see Tech hang 50 points on them in Lubbock AGAIN!!!:D :D :D

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yep...10-2 should keep Frantastic around. Can't wait to see Tech hang 50 points on them in Lubbock AGAIN!!!:D :D :D I know, for some reason us playing in lubbock just isn't something we do well. It's like how OU plays when they come down to Kyle :evilgrin:

GreenMachine
10-30-2006, 10:36 AM

i know that's a long shot, but still....... ROFLOL

Bulldog_12
10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
We will (hopefully) be 10-1 coming into the texas game and have the game decide who plays for the South. I cant believe I can actually type that without thinking I am full of bullcrap and maroon koolaid.

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
We will (hopefully) be 10-1 coming into the texas game and have the game decide who plays for the South. I cant believe I can actually type that without thinking I am full of bullcrap and maroon koolaid. exactly.....and by the way I bought tickets......

shankbear
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM
who cares

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
who cares obvioiusly not you

wooden bear
10-30-2006, 11:05 AM
6-2 in todays big 12 is good lol. Baylor, osu, Kansas, Kansas St., Colorado. Come on man the big 12 is terrible

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
6-2 in todays big 12 is good lol. Baylor, osu, Kansas, Kansas St., Colorado. Come on man the big 12 is terrible actually Baylor is decent this year, OSU is playing far better than anyone thought, Kansas better than last year......and we didn't play KSU or Colorado....

back off, learn the big 12, then come at me

wooden bear
10-30-2006, 11:10 AM
If you think the big 12 is a good confrence then you need to learn the big 12 buddy. The aggies have just beat teams they should beat. They ahve not played anyone. These next three games will show how good they really are.

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 11:11 AM
6-2 in today's Big 12 is certainly a step up from where the Aggies have been in recent years, so from that standpoint, it would be a successfull season. But you'll need to consider that OU will be maybe half of the team they were a few weeks ago now that they are minus AP. Not trying to rain on your parade if things work out as you hope, but just to keep things realistic, the only elite team you'll play (and probably lose to) is Texas, but OU and Nebraska are solid teams and would be solid wins if you guys manage to pull them out. Every other victory the Aggies have are over pretty poor teams...But good luck, until Turkey week

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 11:12 AM
i just don't understand how yall don't see how about 10 out of the 12 big 12 teams this year are playing well

wooden bear
10-30-2006, 11:15 AM
The big 12 is WEAK. The big east is just as good as the big 12.

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 11:23 AM
well when you have 16 teams in your conference, that kind of happens

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Sure some Big 12 teams are playing above pre-season expectations, and Baylor, OSU, etc. are decent teams but those aren't the victories that TAMU is paying Coach Fran so much for. Those are teams that should never beat Texas A&M (there will always be occassional upsets) but TAMU needs to beat better teams than those to impress me. Maybe had they played a better non-conference then I'd see them differently, but we'll see how good they make the game against the Longhorns and those games in between to find out what kind of team they have. I find that the Big 12 has one elite team in Texas, another very good team in Oklahoma (at least pre AP injury), a very tough Nebraska team. And then a lot of mediocrity, though not necessarily terrible teams. I'm not sure where TAMU fits into this group, I'd say right now behind Nebraska (but not necessarily mediocre), but I don't know what happened to the Huskers last week.
Let's just say, for the sake of discussion, that TAMU goes 0-3 to finish the season. I'd say that losing to the best 3 teams in the conference, plus a loss to Tech and close calls with other mediocre teams would put TAMU as mediocre too, right close to Tech at 4th or 5th in the conference.
But that's what is great about conference discussions, because we'll find out exactly where they fall in very soon, on the field. So if you guys finish by beating Nebraska but losing to OU and Texas pretty solidly, though in competitive games, how do you feel about your season? I'm curious to see how Aggies would feel about a (9-3?) season.

coach
10-30-2006, 11:51 AM
now how bad does that tech game look? what happens if we win that one?..... aj i know u love the ags as much as i do but a nc come on man im just worried about ou...lets get by ou first then we can start think about a nc....maybe:confused:

11TARPON
10-30-2006, 12:04 PM

It's statements like this that get people rooting against the Aggies.

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by 11TARPON

what?? being optimistic and hoping for the best is the reason you dont like A&M. He didnt say HEY WE ARE GONNA WIN THE NC!!! HAHA LOSERS! he said hopefully, why not hope?

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Well its fine to hope, but you would gain more respect from fans of other schools if you could take a step back and be more objective. But its certainly your right to be super optimistic (though probably very unrealistic).

Old Tiger
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
1-2

tiger_94
10-30-2006, 01:29 PM

that is so true

big daddy russ
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Well its fine to hope, but you would gain more respect from fans of other schools if you could take a step back and be more objective. But its certainly your right to be super optimistic (though probably very unrealistic).
Don't all schools do that?

I don't think that's what makes people hate other schools. It's usually arrogance or cockiness. When UT fans say, "It would be great if we won out and went to the NC," that doesn't seem to rile anyone up.

It's when they say, "We're going to win out, then we're going to the NC because we're better than WVU, Louisville, Notre Dame, USC, and everyone else in the top ten," that it gets others riled up.

And it's not every Longhorn fan that does this, just a select few. Just the same as there are a select few Aggies who proclaim that they WILL beat UT, OU, and Nebraska and then go on to the NC. This thread didn't set anything in stone. It just asked where you think the Ags would wind up. All AJ said was that 3-0 HOPEFULLY gets them into the NC, adding that he knew it was a long shot.

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 01:32 PM

I get on here and all I hear is how good UT is, how overrated everyone else is, blah blah blah blah. but when a fan of another school mentions a NC then that is the reason why nobody likes those fans. thats crap, all UT talks about is a NC. and AggieJohn just said hopefully.

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Don't all schools do that?

I don't think that's what makes people hate other schools, it's usually perceived arrogance or cockiness. When UT fans say, "It would be great if we won out and went to the NC," that doesn't seem to rile anyone up.

It's when they say, "We're going to win out, then we're going to the NC because we're better than WVU, Louisville, Notre Dame, USC, and everyone else in the top ten," that it gets others riled up.

And it's not every Longhorn fan that does this, just a select few. Just the same as there are a select few Aggies who proclaim that they WILL beat UT, OU, and Nebraska and then go on to the NC. This thread didn't set anything in stone. It just asked where you think the Ags would wind up. All AJ said was that 3-0 HOPEFULLY... gets them into the NC, adding that he knew it was a long shot.

Well put.

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
So if you guys finish by beating Nebraska but losing to OU and Texas pretty solidly, though in competitive games, how do you feel about your season? I'm curious to see how Aggies would feel about a (9-3?) season. personally I think that I expected us to get snake bitten by Tech, but didn't think that we'd have a snowballs chance to play at the level of OU, Nebraska, or Texas......so 8-4 was what I expected.....but honestly we have about a 60% chance i would venture to guess of going 2-1 in the next 3 games. I mean Texas is the ultimate litmus test here, but OU and Nebraska are far from unbeatable. It should be a fun month. I'm glad I get to see A&M vs. OU this weekend.

coach
10-30-2006, 02:42 PM
personally I think that I expected us to get snake bitten by Tech, but didn't think that we'd have a snowballs chance to play at the level of OU, Nebraska, or Texas......so 8-4 was what I expected.....but honestly we have about a 60% chance i would venture to guess of going 2-1 in the next 3 games. I mean Texas is the ultimate litmus test here, but OU and Nebraska are far from unbeatable. It should be a fun month. I'm glad I get to see A&M vs. OU this weekend.

i cant wait for this weekend i think this is a statement game for the ags... how well we play will determine the rest of the year.imo this is the MOST important game of the year. we got gameday, we got ou, we have a chance to play for the big 12 title...what more can you ask for?

Old Tiger
10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Disappointed

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 04:13 PM
It's statements like this that get people rooting against the Aggies. wouldn't be the first time

coach
10-30-2006, 04:23 PM
what i dont understand is that texas can hope and wish all they want about the nc but as soon as a&m does it texas fans have to get mad and upset

whtfbplaya
10-30-2006, 04:35 PM
If some one wants a ticket to OU I am selling one.

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Well first off, its far more realistic for the Longhorns to be hopeful to get into the NC than it is for the Aggies. Therefore the claim for the Longhorns has more credibility. But if you, just for the sake of discussion, look at 2 different scenarios. The first is that TAMU wins out, wins the Big 12 and finishes with only the loss to Tech. The second is that Texas wins out (with a much easier remaining schedule I might add) and wins the Big 12 with only the loss to #1 Ohio State. The Aggies in the first scenario would still not carry nearly as much weight with the voters (and probably the computers) as the Horns in scenario 2. There are a myriad of reasons for this, not the least of which is how heavily preseason rankings weigh in the minds of voters. But my problem isn't with the hopefulness, that's what is so great about sports, but my personal take is that I'd like to hear some facts or some opinions on how #1 They will go undefeated #2 How all of the things that would have to fall into place for the Aggies to make it to the NC, even with an undefeated team, could fall into place.

Its not like I really share that guy's view that a comment filled with hope is why people root against the Aggies, I pretty much just put in what I like to see from fans when they make selections like that. I find it unlikely that the Aggies do better than 1-2 and I would be utterly shocked if they went 3-0 against who I consider to be better teams. But again, I don't know what to think about OU w/ out AP. If the Nebraska team that gave the Horns all they could handle shows up against TAMU, I think the Huskers will hand the Ags a sound defeat, and I expect at least a 2 or 3 TD win for the Horns in Austin. But this is College Football, and I've been proven wrong before.

Even if TAMU were to go undefeated and win the Big 12, just about any 1 loss SEC team would get into the NC over them, and that is assuming that West Virginia (and possibly Louisville) take a loss. One of the Big East teams will, but you guys would need both to lose a game I'd think.

big daddy russ
10-30-2006, 05:20 PM
The reason Texas would look better to the voters has nothing to do with the fact that its only loss was to Ohio State. What if tOSU loses to Michigan? These are the reasons that UT has a legit shot at the NC:

1. They have recent history. Last year's national champs.
2. They started out the year ranked higher.
3. They didn't play "down" to almost all of their opponents.

If A&M won out, their resume would actually wind up looking better than UT's, except for the scores. They'd have wins over all the same teams, plus one against a top ten (possibly top five by the time t+1 rolls around) team, and voters don't care about who you lost to as much as they care about who you've beat. They want to see that you can hang with, and take out, an elite team.

On that note, the best that A&M can hope for this year is a trip to the Fiesta Bowl. There will be at least one other one-loss team ranked higher than the Aggies, so even if they could go undefeated they wouldn't sneak into Glendale.

I see them splitting with OU and Nebraska, then losing to UT and winding up in the Holiday Bowl.

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 05:23 PM
If we won out we would have a good chance because the way you finish has more of an impact than the way you start.... look at Texas if they lose to Ohio State in the last game they would be out, but they lost in the first game so they can still move back up. winning out against Nebraska, OU, and Texas, 3 highly ranked teams, IMO would put us in the top 10. there is the chance that other teams high up lose, i mean its possible. I understand your point, but wanting to go 3-0 to end the season is not a bad thing to say, and is possible, not likely, but possible. oh, and this response is to eagles52 Russ got one in before I could post this.

un b weavable
10-30-2006, 05:39 PM
I think they'll be lucky to be 1-2 in the next 3 games, but what do i know. If you had told me at the beginning of the season that they would be 8-1 right now i probably would have laughed.

wooden bear
10-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Come on Eugene we both know they will win the next 3, win the big 12, then win the NC.

wedo
10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
The big 12 is WEAK. The big east is just as good as the big 12.

I think that you went a lil too far on that one!

wedo
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
6-2 in today's Big 12 is certainly a step up from where the Aggies have been in recent years, so from that standpoint, it would be a successfull season. But you'll need to consider that OU will be maybe half of the team they were a few weeks ago now that they are minus AP. Not trying to rain on your parade if things work out as you hope, but just to keep things realistic, the only elite team you'll play (and probably lose to) is Texas, but OU and Nebraska are solid teams and would be solid wins if you guys manage to pull them out. Every other victory the Aggies have are over pretty poor teams...But good luck, until Turkey week

I guess you didn't see them play Mizzou? That back up RB still had over 100 yards rushing! O and Mizzou did give A&M all they could handle

Bulldog_12
10-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Anyone who still says OSU is not a good team is insane after the thorough thrashing of NU. Bobby Reid is for real.

wedo
10-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Anyone who still says OSU is not a good team is insane after the thorough thrashing of NU. Bobby Reid is for real.

Freshman RB from Agleton Toston looked pretty good also.

Bulldog_12
10-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Freshman RB from Agleton Toston looked pretty good also.

yeah he does. Savage and Reid in the backfield is pretty lethal. Texas better watch out this week. I'm afraid the cowboys are for real and only can shudder about how good they might be next year.

mrescape43
10-30-2006, 08:31 PM
They will be lucky to pull off 1 more win.

greenpride
10-30-2006, 09:42 PM

A&M can win out and they will not even be mentioned for the BCS title game. Non-conference scheduule is weaker than Cuero's...........:rolleyes:

pantherpop
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
I think that you went a lil too far on that one! he could be right. the big 12 north has been a joke the last couple of years. This year there is some hope in the north with mizzou and nebraska, but overall the big 12 is weak. The SEC and big 10 are def. better. The big 12 can be compared to this year's acc, big east, and pac 10 , which are usually good , but all down this year. overall , college football is down this year. there's not any teams that could compete with great teams from past years. ohio state is the only complete team , and maybe michigan

Leopards,class of 75
10-30-2006, 09:59 PM
A&M loses to OU and Texas and finishes 1-2 . Maybe Nebraska if they can recover! Thats what I think too!

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 10:01 PM
TAMU has the opportunity to play one more top 5 type team (Texas) than the Horns (since they can't play themselves). So you could say that they would have one more big win than the Horns. But the Aggies' non-conference schedule was an absolute joke. I know that Texas played some pretty weak teams too, but at least they tried #1. And I disagree completely that the voters look more at who you beat than who you lost to. At least the way you put it, since it seemed as if a loss to Tech would be overlooked in lieu of the teams I'll name later. But a valid point was made that how you finish is more important that how you start. However, there is 0.000001% chance of TAMU making it to the NC. In my opinion, they would have to beat 3 teams who I consider better than them, and win the Big 12 championship game. Then, even if that happened, they would have to hope for losses by West Va., probably Louisville, and probably at least another loss from Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, USC and any other one loss SEC team, plus there there could be a similar case made for Cal if they were to win out...all of those one loss teams would be held in much higher regard towards a NC game bid that TAMU. I guess maybe if you guys come in and dominate UT in Austin (lol) then you could really impress some voters and maybe the computers.

big daddy russ
10-30-2006, 10:12 PM
...And I disagree completely that the voters look more at who you beat than who you lost to...
Oh really? Then how did Oklahoma make it to the Championship over USC back in 2003 after losing to a K-State team that was down?

Eagles52
10-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Probably because until that game (the first one where a K-State team with HIGH expectations and a lot of talent was healthy), OU was considered one of the greatest college teams. Ever. A little diff't from TAMU.

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Oh really? Then how did Oklahoma make it to the Championship over USC back in 2003 after losing to a K-State team that was down? and didn't they lost to A&M in 02 before they got to go to the national championship game

RMAC
10-30-2006, 11:42 PM
I think they go 2-1 beating OU and Nebraska, then losing to UT.

HM33
10-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I doubt they win another. But I don't know much about any of this.

wedo
10-31-2006, 12:45 PM
TAMU has the opportunity to play one more top 5 type team (Texas) than the Horns (since they can't play themselves). So you could say that they would have one more big win than the Horns. But the Aggies' non-conference schedule was an absolute joke. I know that Texas played some pretty weak teams too, but at least they tried #1. And I disagree completely that the voters look more at who you beat than who you lost to. At least the way you put it, since it seemed as if a loss to Tech would be overlooked in lieu of the teams I'll name later. But a valid point was made that how you finish is more important that how you start. However, there is 0.000001% chance of TAMU making it to the NC. In my opinion, they would have to beat 3 teams who I consider better than them, and win the Big 12 championship game. Then, even if that happened, they would have to hope for losses by West Va., probably Louisville, and probably at least another loss from Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, USC and any other one loss SEC team, plus there there could be a similar case made for Cal if they were to win out...all of those one loss teams would be held in much higher regard towards a NC game bid that TAMU. I guess maybe if you guys come in and dominate UT in Austin (lol) then you could really impress some voters and maybe the computers.

I think that the voters look at more how you play rather than who you beat and who you lost to. Look at Texas the voters love them they are ranked 4th in the AP. Its the computers that don't get to see teams fight and come back from behind! To the computer they see Texas 35 Tech 31 so texas must have played very poorly. But the voters like that Texas can come from behind and shut a team out in the Second half. Thats why Texas is 4 in the AP but real low to the computers! For A&M to even be mentioned in the same sentence with National Championship they would have to blow the teams on the remainder of their schedule out by 45-60 points!

11TARPON
11-05-2006, 02:29 PM

Hope the Aggies beat Nebraska or it will be 0-3 instead of 3-0