PDA

View Full Version : Who said this quote?

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:06 PM
The best offense is a good defence? or is even a quote?

lostaussie
10-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
The best offense is a good defence? or is even a quote? it wasn't nobody from Gilmer!!!!!!!

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
The best offense is a good defence?

Every defensive coach that ever lived!:cool:

Old Tiger
10-29-2006, 06:14 PM
But who orginally said it?

lostaussie
10-29-2006, 06:16 PM
But who orginally said it? General Custer?

Phil C
10-29-2006, 06:22 PM
That is an old saying from long ago and I don't think anyone knows who first said it because it just was said by someone and has been said over and over so many times. It is sort of like Rodeo talk "Ain't a horse made can't be rode - ain't a man made can't be throwed."

Either way the saying probalby isn't too true because if you get two good teams with a good offense and one of them has a sturdy defense the team with the sturdy defense will probably win.

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Either way the saying probalby isn't too true because if you get two good teams with a good offense and one of them has a sturdy defense the team with the sturdy defense will probably win.

:confused: Uh????? Phil, I hate to point this out, but I believe thats exactly what the phrase is saying.

3afan
10-29-2006, 07:17 PM
... defence....

must have been someone from the UK or Australia

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
must have been someone from the UK or Australia

LOL, it took me a second, but thats funny. Good one!

On another note.
Question: If you tear down a fence, are you defenceing? And, if you do it really well, do you have great defenceing skills? And, if your cursing profusely while doing it, are you being offensive while defenceing?:D

Gobbla2001
10-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
And, if your cursing profusely while doing it, are you being offensive while defenceing?:D

That is exactly what this quote is all about...

defenceing consists of more than just tearing down fences, cussing is a large part of it and every good defencer or defenceing-historian knows this...

So that's what "the best offense is a good defense" means... it is describing how a very offensive person defenceing a fence means your fence will be defenced well..

3afan
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
true story ---- i was talking to my sister in law's father in law - he was about 80

i told him i worked for defense contractor ... he said "do you do wooden or chain link fences?"

:doh:

STANG RED
10-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That is exactly what this quote is all about...

defenceing consists of more than just tearing down fences, cussing is a large part of it and every good defencer or defenceing-historian knows this...

So that's what "the best offense is a good defense" means... it is describing how a very offensive person defenceing a fence means your fence will be defenced well..

LOL, glade we got that all cleared up.

See you boys later. I gotta go find some supper. Then it's kickback time and maybe take in a game.